1.34 ratings for the Pilot (TERRIBLE) Plus my review...

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by MarkSinacori, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,434
    Well in that case I'm going to take back my winner rating.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,008
    YOU. JUST. DONT. GET. IT...
    Do you? The C.W. really wants this property to work. They are going to do all they can to keep it going as long as it can. The bar for ratings is a little lower than you are expecting for shows on The CW and they are linked into a deal with Netflix internationally. They have had similar deals with other shows like RIVERDALE and REIGN. Both not cancelled after their pilots didn't get 18 million viewers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Well, if this were on cable or online it might have done a little better all around. A "Netflix Original" instead of airing first on CW. Plus, Netflix puts out 9, 10, or 13 episodes per season all in one day. Then months later adds new seasons or 2nd halves of that current season. CW is mostly known for getting to the 13 and a few "additional" episodes below the 22 and then being cancelled either before or once it reaches the 13 or the end of the "additional episode order". I strongly doubt we are gonna get news of "Dynasty's back 9 picked up." If ratings stay in the 1 millions.

The worst thing is it gets cancelled without closure. I'm expecting that. A lot of fans, the norm, want it to end with closure. It's gonna most likely end with a cliffhanger finale, or worse, gets yanked before it reaches the 13. All depends on ratings. Netflix won't like the show getting 1 million something in ratings every episode.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  4. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,008
    I think we need a batshit crazy button.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +191
    You clearly don't understand the deal they have with Netflix. It worked wonders when they did it for Riverdale. That's not guarantee it'll work for Dynasty but it's literally the same week-by-week format they used for Riverdale so it's proven it can work. When the season wraps it'll be added to Netflix US as well so if it builds momentum that'll be good for binge watching over the summer and in term season two ratings if it gets that far.

6. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +125
    I saw the Riverdale ratings for last season. WOW! Pathetic!

7. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +125
    So the show does worse and still gets 13 episodes and a season 2? If it does slightly better, the same? Wow. That's disgusting. Riverdale was well under a million in most of the 13 episodes in season 1. That is soooo pathetic!

8. RebelHeart

RebelHeart Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Oh thank God you're not writing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,210
    Yes, that's what I meant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,434
    I suggest that actor Mark Sinacori gets himself a role on the show, and then he can report all the behind-the-scenes-feuds and backstabbing here on soapchat:popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +125
    End credits theme...sounds NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING like the Dynasty theme. Piece of mess!

12. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +125
    I'd have to be in Georgia for that. They don't film in LA. I am to busy working on all my other shows here. I do more than just greet the audience. Plus, one isn't supposed to report anything if they are on set that goes on. I'm a screenwriter and actor in LA. Nothing big. I'm struggling like the norm I know. But I do know how to write a decent hour long. My specialties are hour long drama and family sitcom. None of this cop crap. That's all you really see today!

13. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +125
    But I get it with the netflix has a deal thing. I looked at the ratings earlier for Riverdale last season and wow are they cancellation material galore!

14. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +125

You mean the Mark Sinacori "Wildchats" guy on you tube? The one from 2006 who did flip his head to the opening credits of shows? The Mark Sinacori who made lyrics to a lot of theme songs as well? Well, yeah, I guess, that could be me, before I got into being featured on some shows and working them here in LA...

I'm actually gonna stop with the "Netflix has a deal OMG!" thing because I haven't even watched a CW show since Melrose Place and I wasn't aware of "how low Riverdale went and they still renewed it." Seeing that, who knows if Dynasty does or doesn't, but I can't complain. It has a good chance to after they did that with Riverdale which pulled in worse ratings.

15. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Actually...there was a Dynasty logo after that God-awful intro by Fallon. That to me was the teaser. Acts 1-6 were the rest. There were actually 6 acts. Not 5. Act 1 started immediately after the Dynasty logo, I think, which began with a short teaser. Then 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I think there were 5 total commercial breaks last night, so that would count for 6 acts and a teaser, preceding them.

16. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,434
    Actually, I've changed my mind. I want James from London on CW Dynasty. As Peter De Vilbis.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,210
  18. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +521
    Because this isn't Dynasty in any shape or form any more that a cat is a bread of dog. House pets is about all they have in common.

19. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +125
    True...

They did make Cristal bad. Which is different than the original.

Does anyone else think Joan Collins will play Alexis? I mean, Blake married a woman much, much older than him who's now in her early 70s? If they did that, I couldn't see her catfighting or doing much, but the insults!

20. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Speaking of Dynasty, when I worked at Price Is Right in 2007, I got to rehearse with George Hamilton behind the scenes before he test hosted to replace Bob Barker along with others like Mario Lopez. Had no idea who he was until I IMDBed him back then and then I was all "Ohhhh yeah...the two Crystals!" He was so nice and so much fun to work with! He played Joel on there.