Weekly Challenge 3. Design the ideal 'Dream Home' The Result

Discussion in 'The Bachelorette' started by Ome, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,798
    The Bachelorette.png

Challenge two: Design the ideal 'Dream Home' you will be living in if you win the heart of Emelee

a26021af358e75b754bfe29f004152f4.jpg

5 contestants are out to win the heart of our bachelorette - Emelee.

@Alex Moore @Brad Newman @Duane Bendix @iKlone-E-137 @Jean-Crème De La Crème

Each contestant must design the perfect house in which you would give to Emelee on her wedding day. Be as imaginative as you can, throw in pictures and special treats that you know Emelee would appreciate.

Send your design to me via our private conversation by the end of Monday, then on Tuesday, I will post your Dream Home here in this thread for Emelee to rank in order of preference.

Use the knowledge you have of Emelee to your advantage.

Enjoy the task

• Like Like x 3
  2. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,770
    This will be fun. I love especially interior design.

3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,798
    Every entry I've had so far has been incredibly exciting, I might have to bump you off and move in myself...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Emelee

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,770
    You can try.... I might handcuff myself to the one I fall in love with the most. But I feel kind. You can have a choice between those I don't crown the winner.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,798
    Contestant One has an offer you can't refuse @Emelee

[​IMG]
    This is the house I picked out for us. It has a southern look but it is modern too. I hope you love it Emelee because I wanted to buy you a home that you would love, and we would make it our special place that we would treasure special memories we make together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dining room has a rustic feel to it. It also looks vintage, with the colours, and the furniture. It is big enough to have our family over for special occasions, and Holidays.

[​IMG]

Our kitchen is spacious and elegant. It is a place I’m sure we will spend a lot of time in here making meals together.

[​IMG]

The living room is modern very spacious, a place for us to have our family, friends over. It is a place where we can enjoy our favourite shows, and movies together.

[​IMG]

The guest room it is elegant but modern, a place our loved ones would enjoy spending time with us.
    [​IMG]

Our bedroom is elegant , spacious, and has surrounding windows to let the light in. We have a lounge chair for reading by the window. The floor is hardwood. The view from the-bedroom faces the backyard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The main bathroom is large, elegant has a big tub. It is well lit, enough room for two people to get ready together, to get the day started.

[​IMG]

Another spare room that is as beautiful as the main bedroom. I’m sure we will be spending time in this room too.
    [​IMG]

The spare room bathroom large, and it gets a lot of light which it makes it elegant and fresh looking.
    [​IMG]

A special room for our pets . I’m sure Neo will love his own special room. We can adopt another one together the more the merrier.
    [​IMG]

Your own den so you can grade your students work in peace. Everyone needs their own private space.
    [​IMG]

The basement bar , and furniture along with my favourite a pool table. Great for when we entertain. It is fully stocked so we can enjoy, a beer or wine when we are relaxing at home with our pets.

[​IMG]

Bathroom in basement small but modern.
    [​IMG]

Where we both do our laundry together.
    [​IMG]

Our backyard has a pool , and a beautiful garden , and lots of trees. I’m sure we will spend a lot of our time outdoors, and the dogs will love it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What I love most about my home is I get to share it with you.

[​IMG]

6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,798
    Contestant Two has an offer you can't refuse @Emelee

Dear Emelee, don't even bother to look at the other houses, because I'm the only one who knows what you want and what you need.
    The minute I saw you, I knew you were made to be a footballer's wife, no, queen!
    And a queen deserves a castle, and here it is....ta-daaaaa!

[​IMG]

Look at this beautiful fountain - it's located at the beginning of the driveway, not visible in the picture above.
    [​IMG]

This artwork looks stunning in our garden, don't you think?
    [​IMG]

OK, let's go inside the house...entrée, entée!
    [​IMG]
    It's really soooo much bigger than it looks in this picture.

This is for me, when it's too cold to train outside. But that's the only thing I want for myself.
    [​IMG]
    Everything else, I've done for you!

Here's a room, to give you an impression of the recurring theme:)
    [​IMG]
    I don't even know what kind of room it is...there are so many!!

The bathroom, gorgeous isn't it?
    And that makes sense, because we are gorgeous people:fondle:
    [​IMG]

I know you're going to be smart, and rank our football castle as your favourite house!:girl:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,798
    Contestant Three has an offer you can't refuse @Emelee

Welcome to our new home Emelee. If everything works out well I can envision us having many happy years together here.
    Let me give you a tour.

Here's the upper level of our beach front house. This level has it's own pool as does the lower level. A bit decadent I know but nothing but the best for you plus I love the water. Hope you do to.

1.jpg

[​IMG]

Downstairs we have the main living area. I'm a big fan of natural light so lots of windows which also make the most of the stunning views.

3.jpg

Bright, airy and lots of clean lines in the kitchen.

4.jpg

The lower level infinity pool and jacuzzi. Beautiful at sunset.

5.jpg

Directly below the infinity pool is this really cool basement. Not sure what we'll use this room for but it's an amazing space.

6.jpg

Upstairs terrace and dining area.

7.jpg

One of the guest bedrooms and it's en suite

8.jpg

9.jpeg

The master bedroom and it's en suite.

10.jpg

11.jpg

So, there you have it. It's my dream home and hopefully it suits your tastes too. How soon can you get here!?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,798
    Contestant Four has an offer you can't refuse @Emelee

Emelee, I have a passion for the environment so I have designed our dream home around environmentally sound principles. It will be a luxury log cabin made using wood from a sustainable forest and all energy supplies will be from renewable sources, mainly solar power, and most of our heating will be from log fireplaces.

The House and Its Surroundings
    The house will be located in the beautiful region of Carmarthenshire and will look like this.

[​IMG]

I chose this area for it's beauty, it's nature, the fields and hills and the vast amount of open space for us and our dogs to enjoy. You can see our house also has an outdoor swimming pool for us to enjoy in the summer months or we can just sit by it on our sun loungers taking in the breathtaking surroundings in which we will be living:

[​IMG]

Living Room
    The living area will have a stone fireplace, a high exposed log ceiling and will be elegantly decorated to be stylish, cosy and functional:

[​IMG]

Can you imagine us snuggling on the sofas in front of the log fire in the evenings?

TV and Music Room
    When you need more than just my company, you can make use of the TV and music room at the back of the house which will also have large windows to take advantage of the stunning views that the surrounding area provides:

[​IMG]

Dining Room
    Adjacent to these 2 rooms will be our dining room where we can have romantic dinners all year around. Looks like someone left a couple of wine bottles out for us to celebrate our new home. Either that or our cleaner has been partying while I've been away.

[​IMG]

Again the room will be designed with large windows so we can admire the view while we tuck into our meat and two veg.

Kitchen
    I really like cooking so I have designed a luxurious kitchen where I can prepare meals for you on those days when we prefer to have a peppered steak over a pepperoni pizza and oven chips.

[​IMG]

Home Office
    The final room on the ground floor will be your office where you can plan your school lessons and mark homework.

[​IMG]

As you can see, there is a dining area in this room too so when you are really busy, I can bring dinner to you and we can eat in here.

Master Bedroom
    Upstairs there will be 4 bedrooms, so there will be spare ones if you mother comes to visit, or if we have any children, or if I annoy and you kick me out of the master bedroom! Our bedroom will look like this:

[​IMG]

Like the furniture in all the other rooms, the bed is made from wood from sustainable forests, hand made by Traid Fair carpenters. However the soft furnishings may have to be made by children in a third world sweat shop if the house goes over budget.

First Spare Bedroom
    This is located at the opposite end of the upstairs floor so it would be ideal for your mother when she stays because she won't be able to hear what's going on in our room if we get up to any rumpy pumpy. ;)

[​IMG]

Second Spare Bedroom
    Just in case and any children come our way, this bedroom has prematurely been made out as a children's room with spare beds for their friends if they have sleepovers.

[​IMG]

Third Spare Bedroom
    I thought we could convert this room into a gym. I'm not sure why Olga, our cleaning lady, thought could use while we're away. Look at her brazenly using the exercise bike without my permission!

[​IMG]

Kennel
    Finally, in our garden there will be a kennel for our dogs to use when they are playing outside. I don't know why Olga's dogs are using it at the moment! I'm going to have to have a word with her when I'm next there.

[​IMG]

I think this place will be very homely, it just needs one more thing... you to move in!

9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,798
    Contestant Five has an offer you can't refuse @Emelee

Dear Emelee
    Here is the house I built for you.
    [​IMG]
    It's a mini castle, because I like our house to be big, but not too big. Who needs 40 rooms?

Do you like this living room?
    [​IMG]
    I think it looks warm and cosy, and at the same time fresh and open:)

The bedroom, warm and bright.
    [​IMG]
    Luxurious, but not cluttered.

The bathroom, both modern and classic.
    [​IMG]

So, as you can see Emelee, it's a little bit of everything. I hope you like it!:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,798
    Dear @Emelee

Your Bachelors have spoken once more.

They've all been working hard for you this weekend

back.jpg back.jpg back.jpg
    back.jpg back.jpg

Now it's your turn to inspect their packages and decide by ranking them in order of excellence...

Send your top five into me and then I will reveal all

coollogo_com-13194118.png

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,450
    Erm, excuse me! But this is my house, the house my late husband Stan The Man built for me!
    Shameless, just shameless![​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Emelee

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,770
    Such awesome houses! This will be the most difficult ranking yet. Must take my time and look at the details in the photos. It will all be up to the details, I suspect, cause right now I see myself in all houses.

But @Ome - I can't see the pictures by contestant 3. It just says IMG.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,798
    I've reloaded them up, hopefully, you can see them now.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    Yes it is Willie, Stan built that beautiful house for you with his bare hands. I wonder why he sold it?

I hope Stan is okay, was it not a 'happy ever after' for you two? :(

• Like Like x 1
  15. Emelee

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,770
    I can see them now, yes. And the decision immidiately got harder to make.

16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,798
    Your Bachelorette has spoken.

The Bachelorette.png

She has spent 2386 hours studying and visiting your houses and I can now reveal the order in which she ranks them.

#5 Contestant 2 (the football house) @Jean-Crème De La Crème

#4 Contestant 4 (wooden cabin feel) @Duane Bendix

#3 Contestant 3 (ocean view property) @Alex Moore

#2 Contestant 5 (the small castle) @iKlone-E-137

Winning house: Contestant 1 (the modern southern house) @Brad Newman

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  17. Brad Newman

Brad Newman Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I’m so happy you loved the house I designed Emelee.❤️❤️❤️

I’m so happy to be the winning house. The other houses are great too. Thanks so much Emelee.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brad ❤️