5 things you would have done / wouldn´t have done

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by colbyco, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Now that would be interesting... only wouldn't that result in Sammy Jo getting arrested, and being carted off?

Hm, not unless Adam still provides her with an alibi... but then blackmails her into helping out with any of his new schemes...

2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,782
    Medals:
    Not necessarily. She is Danny Carrington's mother, I think the Carringtons would like to avoid a scandal.

3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,175
    Medals:
    Krystle would force Adam into rehab in exchange for her silence.

4. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,782
    Medals:
    And if I had the power...I'd give Al Corley and Pamela Sue Martin a reason to stay. Total artistic freedom, perhaps?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,598
    Medals:
    Am I the only one who prefered Jack Coleman's portrayal of Steven over Al Corley's?

I know Al was original cast but I did end up liking the recast better in this case. Maybe it was because they gave a plausible explaination for him changing looks so it never bothered me.

The worst recasts IMHO was Adam in the reunion and Karen Cellini's Amanda.

6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Wouldn't they be able to quietly put her away? Heck, even Alexis could be convinced to keep quiet for Danny's sake: "If you say anything, Danny'll grow up thinking that it was YOU who put his mother behind bars, and he'll grow up hating you!"

Well, Corley's reason for leaving seemed to stem from his frustration of the show refusing to commit to his character being gay. I liked Steven's romances with Claudia and Sammy Jo, since those were more out of loneliness and grief than anything else. I would have told Al, "Don't worry, after Sammy Jo, Steven's never going to be involved with another woman. He knows now for sure that he's gay and that NOTHING is going to change that. We just had to give him a kid because of all the potential drama." But then again, there's also Steven's marriage to Claudia... either that never happens, or Steven and Claudia get married in name only, because it actually looks as if Blake might win the custody battle, and so Steven does it out of pure desperation. He never falls in love with Claudia, nor she him. But that wouldn't make her getting involved with Adam any less embarrassing for anyone.

As for PSM... somebody earlier suggested having her around for a limited amount of episodes each season. That might work. Plus, her character would have remained strong and interesting throughout the first four seasons.

And yes, allowing both actors some artistic freedom would probably sweeten the deal. X)

No. I've seen others who prefer Coleman. I prefer Corley, because Coleman started off with such a weirdly blank expression. Plus, Coleman wanted Steven to be straight, and that's just not who Steven was. Although... what if Jack Coleman played Bart (I'd take Snarky's idea and rename him "Fox") Fallmont?

I know a lot of you around here want Luke to stay alive, but Bart/Fox could still come around to create a bit of a love-triangle... Maybe Adam notices that Mr. Fallmont obviously has the hots for Steven, and being the mustache-twirling villain that he is, Adam decides to create trouble for his brother by tricking Luke into thinking that Steven and Bart/Fox are having an affair.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,873
    I had a dream last night, which must have been triggered by the discussions here. A multifaceted one, as they usually come, leaping from one unrelated place to another, saving the very best for last.

As I was about to wake up, I found myself in a little old-fashioned picturesque English village, with a main street type of layout, cute little homes on both sides, and suddenly there's Krystle coming out of an alley between two of the homes. She was dressed in a casual riding outfit, talking to someone, a stable groom perhaps, I assume "off to the hounds," and she of course flashed her signature smile as she passed me by.

Taken aback, I look down the main street, and out in the distance, at the very top, with mountains behind it, I vaguely see a manor, but I knew it was the Carrington mansion. Then I realize - oh, my God, I'm in Harmon Springs! How cool is that?! Sadly, I woke up at this point before I got a chance to explore.

So, I'm adding a 6th suggestion: place the Carrington mansion in close proximity of a cozy little village -- as referred to in a few rare scenes, including the deleted one with Joseph craving fresh blueberries -- for an improved sense of location.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,175
    Medals:
    Oh, for sure. A sense of location DYNASTY never had.

By the way, was Harmon Springs ever mentioned before Season 7?

• Like Like x 1
  9. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +432
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,175
    Medals:
    Yes, I recall a reference or two to "the village" in the early seasons. But I wonder why they waited to name the township "Harmon Springs" by Season 7... I think I'd like it to sound more Colorado Rocky-ish, like "Cathedral Springs" or something.

I wonder why they never chose to give the estate a name. I came up with "Cedar Abbey" years ago by trying to combine something snowy and something churchlike and something indigenously treelike. I had to drop one for purposes of brevity.

But that's just me...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,782
    Medals:
    It worked for Falcon Crest (the early seasons anyway), strangely enough it didn't work for Knots Landing.

What place would they use for location shots? It's a fictional place so it doesn't have to be Colorado.
    But nothing too touristic because a) it's difficult to film in such areas and b) tourism is tacky.

upload_2019-1-23_0-42-47.png
    No.

[​IMG]
    Yes.

They didn't really have a place to meet or to hang out.
    Maybe La Mirage should have been bigger (not to mention: beautiful), sort of a mini-resort. "A simple life for the super rich".
    There could be a small bookstore, hairdresser, antiquery, a cakery, a jam-o-ry, cheesery etc.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,134
    Medals:
    Wasn't Claudia working in a small bookstore in season 1?

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,782
    Medals:
    Yes there was a bookstore, and also the obligatory secluded bordello. Lack of scenery doesn't really apply to season 1.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. rayray

rayray Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I totally meant Caress, not Sable, and needed more coffee when writing this post. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. rayray

rayray Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +22
    P.S. When I wrote "Sable" above, I meant "Caress." Forgive me; it's been a few years. :)

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  16. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Years ago, somebody suggested that Krystle open a boutique with Claudia and Kirby. I still think that's an adorable idea, and having said boutique be in the village would be perfect. :D

[​IMG]
    I think this would be a great setting for the three of them to be walking along and opening their store up in the morning. What kind of store should it be, anyway? Clothes? Jewelry? Shoes? Books? Paintings? Art supplies? Or a little bit of everything?

Heh, I just imagined Alexis secretly submitting a few of her own paintings there, which just so happen to be recognized by a notable art buyer, who insists on meeting the artist. Cue Alexis barging her way into Krystle's "little shop" to gain notoriety.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,175
    Medals:
    The village turns out to be the only place it ever snows in Colorado.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,134
    Medals:
    You know what... i think Dynasty's season 9 was just too much ahead of it's time!
    It was just too good! Just a few years later... with the internets already around.... it would have worked wonders and maybe even catapulted the show back to the top!
    I just watched S09E03 and at the end in the morgue, where Blake seems to recognize the body... THAT would have been the PERFECT thing for social media to take over.... if the internet would have been around already at that time, this episode would have caused an EXPLOSION!
    The social media response would have been SO high, that ABC would not have known what to do!
    With the internet already around, S9 would have gotten Dynasty to a whole new level and it would have been around for at least 2 or 3 more seasons... or maybe it would have even never been cancelled at all and still be running...?!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  19. phil colby

phil colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Yeah, it was such a great seaon. I remember my best friend, who never watched Dynasty, but taped it for me, suddenly was hooked by the sow and never missed an episode till the end, because he wanted to know, who murdered Roger Grimes...

• Like Like x 3
  20. phil colby

phil colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +141
    :eck:Of course I ment SEASON and SHOW

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1