5 things you would have done / wouldn´t have done

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by colbyco, Jan 17, 2019.

1. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +395
    - I love all of your ideas. It would have made the show so much better ...
    Adam & Sammy Jo would have been like Lance & Melissa ("Falcon Crest"), betray each other, love and hate each other at the same time and both hungry for money and power. They could have take over DC in S6 .... imagine Alexis has to deal with Sammy Jo in business

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,990
    Medals:
    While its fun to think about Alexis having business dealings with Sammy Jo, I don't think it would work. Sammy Jo's not a business-minded person. I can see her taking the reigns of Delta Rho, but that'd be because she's trying to carry on her father's legacy - of sorts, anyway. Besides, she already had a fondness for and experience with horses. So she could get into that sort of thing.

But when it comes to actual business dealings, I'd rather see Alexis battle with the likes of Sable, Krystle, Dominique and heck, even Fallon! :D

3. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,990
    Medals:
    :lmao: Although I did imagine them doing a stint where Sammy Jo joins the police force as a blatant reference towards TJ HOOKER, and this scene happens between Officer SJ and her ex-mother-in-law:

(skip to 1:03)

Come on... Sammy Jo arresting Alexis... :lol:

4. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +395
    - Sammy Jo was not business woman at all - but Adam could have given her advise how to deal with Alexis when he was angry that Steven always will be mother´s darling. Sammy Jo could have sleept with some business men to make a deal and to take away some of Alexis´ power ... I imagine a board meeting at DC - when Alexis enters she hears some Madonna music, pizza and a stripper are on the table - all board members are shocked -now it´s time for Alexis to end this.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +678
    Steven is gay: after his big scene in the library it made no sense for Steven to continue sleeping with women. Claudia would have suggested a marriage of convenience to which Steven would have reluctantly agreed. Steven would continue to see Chris (who is his lover) on the down-low but their guilt over being dishonest would ultimately cause their breakup. Sammy Jo would eventually learn the truth and blackmail Steven. Claudia would be very clingy; though the marriage was her idea and she insists she understands Steven isn't interested in her romantically it would be obvious (except to Steven) that she is insanely in love with him. Possessive. Jealous. Maybe even homicidal.

Dominique is not a Carrington: I hated how this plot retconned Blake and his parents' backstory. I would have had Dominique be Cecil's lover. Dominique became pregnant with Cecil's child and he paid her to leave Denver and stay away from their (light skinned) child who he claimed was his nephew - Jeff.

Increase the death count in Moldavia: Claudia, Galen and Brady (who would have stayed with the show) would have been killed. Luke would have survived.

No Joel, maybe no Rita: evil twin plots are too over the top. I would have eliminated the entire "locked in the attic" plot. If there is to be a Rita, she wouldn't be played by Linda Evans, she'd be someone who kinda, sorta looks like Krystle and is good at forging her signature. Sammy Jo would have remained a conniving, money-grubbing bitch a lot longer.

Recast: Ted, Daniel and Galen would have been played by different actors.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,073
    Medals:
    All three by Ricardo Montalbàn :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,455
    Medals:
    I always secretly root for the impostors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,132
    The Dominique part is exactly what the show needed. The show dispensed with the Colbys too quickly, and that would have brought Cecil back to the forefront--including an investigation (by Dominique--aided by Krystle?) into how Cecil died.

In fact, I would have had the merger go on in season four and Dominique's arrival would have made the will null and void, since she would carry a Cecil heir, thus invalidating the merger.

And I am with you on evil twins: played by the same actor they are a bore. I would have much preferred Krystle develop another personality after an accident, and watch her alternate between the two, with others none the wiser except, say little Blake. And of course Sammy Jo, who would use the second personality for her plans. And yes, this is also how @Snarky's Ghost healer plot could even come into play.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,042
    Medals:
    I would have asked Conti to compose a "cascading strings" version of the theme for, probably, Season 4 ----- like this!:

:heels:

• Like Like x 1