Coronation Street 80s Corrie

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,482
    Nice to see Zak Dingle call in on Percy in yesterday's episode.

End of March 025.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,482
    Phyllis bought a new dress and Martin said it was "stunning" as well as giving a nod to Dallas with his "Sue Ellen eat your heart out" comment.

It was also pleasing to see Theresa Nolan pop up as Percy's neighbour - she did survive the 'ferry across the Mersey' incident.

Teresa Nolan 001...jpg

3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,482
    Even though it would have been easy to track down the years against how many episodes we're getting a week, but I still find it quite surprising how quickly we have reached the end of another classic year. And we only just started this re-watch 8 months ago.

We're about to enter 1989, the year the McDonalds' moved in, the year they started building the new homes which would house, the Platts, the Wiltons and the Barnes. Alan Bradley has started his downward spiral which will result in his death later this year, he's already secured a loan under the guise of Len Fairclough. I think Alma will be back in a full-time role on the cobbles and Brian Tilsley will meet his end in a few weeks when he's stabbed outside a nightclub. Sometime after this, Gail will embark on her romance with Martin Platt. - I'm definitely looking forward to how this will impact Gail & Ivy's relationship.

Curly will have finished his studies and find his way to working at Bettubuys, where Reg Holdsworth will be waiting in the wings. Wendy Crozier will also appear as we watch the breakdown of Ken & Deirdre's marriage.

When I started this re-watch last October, I really believed I would check out the first few weeks and then find two episodes a day too much to handle, planning on only watching the big moments, but truth be told, I haven't missed an episode since that first one and I'm highly unlikely to do so, it's become part of my TV viewing schedule and I'm having as much fun with the 80s as I am with today's Corrie, which has been excellent for many months now.