1. Show your support for FALCON CREST in the battle of the soaps

The Character's Exit

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

A Falcon Crest Reboot

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest Writers Room' started by Grant Jennings, May 31, 2017.

1. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Original Member Since:
    Angela Channing (Patricia Clarkson) is the proprietress of Falcon Crest, a Napa Valley winery her grandfather built. Falcon Crest is a small, family-run operation and Angela wants to keep it that way. Angela's brother, Jason, is the co-owner of Falcon Crest. Jason is an alcoholic with mental health issues. Angela does her best to look after her brother (keeping a promise she made to her parents) but it's obvious Jason needs professional help.

When Jason is killed in a tragic accident, Angela is overcome with feelings of grief and guilt. Jason leaves his half of the winery to his estranged son, Chase.

Chase and his family arrive to attend Jason's funeral. Chase sees the opportunity to profit from Falcon Crest. Chase considers selling his share to a conglomerate, or at least updating the operation. Angela's grandson, Lance, likes Chase's ideas causing a rift between him and Angela. Chase's son Cole is sympathetic to Angela who takes him under her wing and teaches him how to be a vintner.

Up until now, Angela's main rival has been the ambitious and ruthless Carlo Agretti. Carlo's daughter, Melissa, was once in love with Lance but the feud between the two families brought an end to their affair. When Melissa meets Cole the two are immediately attracted to each other - provoking feelings of jealousy from Lance.

Chase's wife Maggie and their daughter, Vickie, resent Chase's decision to suddenly uproot the family and move to the Napa Valley. Vickie rebels against her parents while Maggie befriends Angela's children Julia, Emma and - especially - Richard.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +196
    A Falcon Crest reboot would be interesting to watch but like Knots Landing is unlikely to see any form of new edition, which is unfortunate. As you would expect Dallas was the first to be brought into the new century and now the new Dynasty but unless it is very popular which I doubt we are unlikely to see a revitalising of the other two.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +560
    Original Member Since:
    18th November 2000
    I’m with Chloe on this matter, as regards a reboot. What the wine centered show needs is a retrospective reunion; to rejuvenate interest, something like ‘A Look Back’ but on a broader scale. Let’s face it indeed that DALLAS and DYNASTY were the big guns in 80’s primetime and always will be. To forget about the others (specifically the other big two, FC and KL) is somewhat sad but such is the dynamics, interest, economics and the memory.

FALCON CREST had a lot of ingredients to lure the viewer, in the show’s heyday. For a start you had all those vineyards; the main Victorian mansion, the Gioberti castle mansion, the droll wit, Richard changing homes at nearly every farts end, the plethora of guest stars from Hollywood’s golden oldie era, the blood thirsty nature, the core cast lead by the formidable Jane Wyman and then there was the Catholic element. Let’s not forget it is almost 10 years ago when Jane passed away and her co-star plus good friend Chao-Li Chi went into the other world in 2010. Of course all the many other guest stars too; Lana Turner, Cesar Romero, Father Curtis, Mel Ferrer, Edward Albert, Rod Taylor, Celeste Holm and Cliff Robertson.

A reunion with David Selby, Robert Foxworth, Lorenzo Lamas, Ana Alicia, Jamie Rose, Margaret Ladd, William R. Moses, Abby Dalton and Susan Sullivan should start off in an area of the vineyards and then they all end up in Angela’s infamous study. They could be looking at a collective tape of the show’s best times, which the viewers also see.

Angela is like a dragon. She is banging on the front door of the Gioberti castle mansion, at the crack of dawn. Chase is being blamed for her late harvest, (a scene from season 5, 1985 – ’86):

Chase and Maggie are still in bed.

Maggie races down the stairs: “Just one damn minute!”

Angela without exchanging any pleasantries goes directly to Chase.

Angela: “Chase my property is supposed to be harvested today and I understand that every available worker is picking your grapes.”

Chase: “Isn’t that odd? If they had started when I wanted them to they’d be done by now.”

Angela: “Well I’m not going to let you get by with this.”

Chase: “Believe me I know exactly how you feel.”

Maggie tries to lighten the mood: “I guess no blue ribbons for Falcon Crest this year.”

Angela to Chase: “You’ve cost me millions of dollars.”

Chase: “It’s high time you got a taste of your own medicine. I’m going to bury you Angela. Now get out of my house!”

Angela stands in front of Maggie, at the front door: “We’ll see who buries whom!”

• Like Like x 1
  4. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,168
    Original Member Since:
    A reunion would be great but unlike the Return To Southfork Dallas reunion, I would prefer if the actors all stayed in character. My idea would be all the main surviving actors would return to Falcon Crest for Angela's Funeral and before, during and after the event, they all reminisce about her and their lives in the Tuscany Valley during the period for which the series ran. Their stories would be intercut with flashbacks using footage of best scenes from the series. Actors who were not available to appear in the show, could record a video of a memory with flashback footage that is played at the funeral. In true Falcon Crest style, the priest conducting the funeral should be a major star from Hollywood's past, such as Max von Sydow, and the show should end on a cliffhanger such as the discovery of a letter written by Angela stating who she is leaving Falcon Crest to but the camera shot freezes before we find out who.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +187
    There are too many dead for a reunion of the core characters to happen. Unless of course there are four ghosts i.e. Maggie, Melissa, Terry and Chase. Spook or not to spook.