A Magic Between Us (a Sue Ellen & JR story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Crazy For Sue Ellen, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Crazy For Sue Ellen Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8
    A Magic Between Us by Tracey

He admired her from afar as she made her way through the funeral parlor line in downtown Dallas. Even in his grief he couldn’t help but smile at the only woman he ever loved. He didn’t think that she’d travel from London just to pay her respect to Miss Ellie. To his knowledge, it had been a long time since his ex-wife had been to Dallas.

“Oh my God, she’s still so beautiful”, JR thought; his eyes never losing sight of her. He tried to remember the last time he saw her. It was almost two years ago at Bobby and Pam’s wedding. He never understood how Bobby could take Pam back for a third time but they buried the hatchet for Bobby’s sake, well sort of.

JR felt a breath on his neck. “Sue Ellen is here. I see her…” JR interrupted Bobby and said, “Yeah, I do to. What’s your point?”

“Nothing, I just thought I’d tell you so…” Again, JR stopped Bobby from saying anything else. “Look Bob, you don’t need to say anything to me about Sue Ellen and further more who the hell cares that…”

“Hey, I’m sorry JR but calm down.”

JR shook his head. “Don’t apologize. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. As soon as I see Sue Ellen, I get all worked up. It just re-confirms how much I screwed my life up. She should still be my wife instead of that English muffin.”

“Don is a nice man. He’s made her much happier than you ever did so please be nice to her. She’s almost up to Mama’s casket.” Bobby said, solemnly.

“I’ll be perfectly charming. I promise,” JR said.

Sue Ellen kneeled in front of Miss Ellie’s casket. A steady flow of tears from her eyes ran down her cheek. Before she stood back up she kissed Miss Ellie’s hand and said, “I’ll never forget you, Miss Ellie. God bless you.”

There was a quick faint smile as she caught JR’s eye. She stood in front of him and said, “I’m so sorry JR…I…I loved your Mama like my own. She was the best.”

“I know you did Darlin,” JR said. Sue Ellen kissed his cheek and gave him a long hug, showing her true feelings of pain and sorrow not only for JR but for herself. JR didn’t want to let go but loosened his grip when Sue Ellen slowly pulled away then said her condolences to the rest of the Ewing clan.

After the burial at Southfork, the Ewing’s invited everyone back to the house for a celebration of Miss Ellie’s life. JR was hopeful Sue Ellen would be there and she was. He didn’t go over to talk to her as he, for once, was at a loss for words. He just followed her at a safe distance, as much as he could, hoping to start a conversation but ideas of how failed him.

The almighty JR’s mind was not as sharp as it once was. He was semi-retired and Bobby was very content with running Southfork. John Ross and Christopher did an excellent job of running Ewing Oil. JR still went in a few days a month just to help them in any way he could.

He reluctantly made his way inside and into the living room. He poured himself bourbon and sat on the couch, his memories of Miss Ellie and his life with Sue Ellen on his mind. JR was deep in thought as he saw Sue Ellen sashay toward him.

“Hi Darlin,” JR said with a smile. She sat next to him, and grabbed his hand when he smiled at her.

“How are you making out, JR? Is there anything I can do?” Sue Ellen asked.

“Just being here is all I could ever ask for sugar,” he remarked as his hand rested respectfully on her knee. “When is your flight back to London? I’ll drive you to the airport if you need…”

Sue Ellen put her hand over JR’s mouth then burst into tears…

To Be Continued...

2. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Crazy For Sue Ellen Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8
    My apologies I posted this in the wrong thread and don't know how to delete it. I reposted in the Dallas Writers Room.