A Magic Between Us

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Crazy For Sue Ellen, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Crazy For Sue Ellen Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I posted this in the wrong thread. Here it is.

A Magic Between Us (a Sue Ellen & JR story)

By Tracey

He admired her from afar as she made her way through the funeral parlor line in downtown Dallas. Even in his grief he couldn’t help but smile at the only woman he ever loved. He didn’t think that she’d travel from London just to pay her respect to Miss Ellie. To his knowledge, it had been a long time since his ex-wife had been to Dallas.

“Oh my God, she’s still so beautiful”, JR thought; his eyes never losing sight of her. He tried to remember the last time he saw her. It was almost two years ago at Bobby and Pam’s wedding. He never understood how Bobby could take Pam back for a third time but they buried the hatchet for Bobby’s sake, well sort of.

JR felt a breath on his neck. “Sue Ellen is here. I see her…” JR interrupted Bobby and said, “Yeah, I do to. What’s your point?”

“Nothing, I just thought I’d tell you so…” Again, JR stopped Bobby from saying anything else. “Look Bob, you don’t need to say anything to me about Sue Ellen and further more who the hell cares that…”

“Hey, I’m sorry JR but calm down.”

JR shook his head. “Don’t apologize. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. As soon as I see Sue Ellen, I get all worked up. It just re-confirms how much I screwed my life up. She should still be my wife instead of that English muffin.”

“Don is a nice man. He’s made her much happier than you ever did so please be nice to her. She’s almost up to Mama’s casket.” Bobby said, solemnly.

“I’ll be perfectly charming. I promise,” JR said.

Sue Ellen kneeled in front of Miss Ellie’s casket. A steady flow of tears from her eyes ran down her cheek. Before she stood back up she kissed Miss Ellie’s hand and said, “I’ll never forget you, Miss Ellie. God bless you.”

There was a quick faint smile as she caught JR’s eye. She stood in front of him and said, “I’m so sorry JR…I…I loved your Mama like my own. She was the best.”

“I know you did Darlin,” JR said. Sue Ellen kissed his cheek and gave him a long hug, showing her true feelings of pain and sorrow not only for JR but for herself. JR didn’t want to let go but loosened his grip when Sue Ellen slowly pulled away then said her condolences to the rest of the Ewing clan.

After the burial at Southfork, the Ewing’s invited everyone back to the house for a celebration of Miss Ellie’s life. JR was hopeful Sue Ellen would be there and she was. He didn’t go over to talk to her as he, for once, was at a loss for words. He just followed her at a safe distance, as much as he could, hoping to start a conversation but ideas of how failed him.

The almighty JR’s mind was not as sharp as it once was. He was semi-retired and Bobby was very content with running Southfork. John Ross and Christopher did an excellent job of running Ewing Oil. JR still went in a few days a month just to help them in any way he could.

He reluctantly made his way inside and into the living room. He poured himself bourbon and sat on the couch, his memories of Miss Ellie and his life with Sue Ellen on his mind. JR was deep in thought as he saw Sue Ellen sashay toward him.

“Hi Darlin,” JR said with a smile. She sat next to him, and grabbed his hand when he smiled at her.

“How are you making out, JR? Is there anything I can do?” Sue Ellen asked.

“Just being here is all I could ever ask for sugar,” he remarked as his hand rested respectfully on her knee. “When is your flight back to London? I’ll drive you to the airport if you need…”

Sue Ellen put her hand over JR’s mouth then burst into tears…

To Be Continued...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,285
    I am so happy to see you writing again. Beautiful and sad start to your story. I hope you update again real soon.❤️

3. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    Tracey, I'm glad to see you've started to post a new story. :)
    I hope you'll find your way over to post in the JR/SE swoon thread on the regular Dallas board some day too.

Great start of your story, I loved it even if it was heartbreaking.
    I can't wait to find out what will happen with JR/SE and I'm also really glad Bobby & Pam are back together as they should be. :)

4. Honkytonkangel

Honkytonkangel Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Heartbreaking, but sooo good already. RIP Miss Ellie.
    So happy Sue Ellen is home, and I loved the moments between her and JR. The magic is DEFINITELY still there and it's sweet that she wants to support him but why did she burst into tears when JR mentioned her going home, What has Don done? (and does it give JR a chance LOL).
    Can't wait to see what happens.

5. Crazy about SE and JR

Crazy about SE and JR Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I can't wait to see what happens either! Nice story!

6. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,770
    Fabulous start!! Please continue. My favourite couple. Love them. :spinning:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,285
  8. Alexia

Alexia Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +546
    So sad about Miss Ellie, but happy JR & Sue Ellen are both at Southfork again!!!!:danc::dance:

9. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Crazy For Sue Ellen Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8
    So sorry it has taken me so long to write again. Hope you will like the update.

CHAPTER TWO

JR eased Sue Ellen to her feet and into a familiar comfort, his arms, and without saying a word let her sob into his neck. Despite Sue Ellen’s obvious problem, he selfishly relished in the moment of holding her.

After a few moments, Sue Ellen slowly pulled back. “I’m sorry, JR. I…I…should go.”

“Sue Ellen, I don’t want you to go. After all these years, I still hate to see you cry. Please tell me what’s wrong,” JR said, with a light squeeze of her hand.

“I don’t’ want to burden you with my problems, especially since Miss Ellie died.”

“Sue Ellen,” JR said softly, “Mama would want me to make sure your okay. Come on darlin.”

He motioned for her to sit on the sofa. Sue Ellen took a deep breath and slowly eased back down. JR put his hand gently on her knee. His gentleness took Sue Ellen slightly by surprise.

“I’m almost broke JR. Don and I lost millions with our production company. That’s actually the least of it.”

A panic stricken JR exclaimed, “oh my God, are you sick Sue Ellen?”

“No JR, I am fine but emotionally I’m a wreck. Don wants a divorce. He said the production company’s failure is my fault and he’s through.”

“That English muffin is blaming you? What kind of man...” “JR,”Sue Ellen said. “It’s just an excuse. He’s been patient with me.”

“Excuse? Patient?” JR asked, inquisitively.

Sue Ellen nodded her head yes. “I am the one to blame for our marriage breaking up. I haven’t been happy for a long time. I realized shortly after we married that I was on the rebound after losing Nicholas. I thought I was in love but I wasn’t and Don eventually figured it out. He began to lose interest in anything we collaborated on and needless to say everything failed. I’m alone and it scares me. I’m not Miss Texas anymore.”

“I’m so sorry darlin. Truly I am,” JR told her. “What are you planning to do?”

“I’m moving back to Dallas. I can’t go back to London. Don and I are amicably divorcing and there is nothing left to even fight over. Our divorce will be official soon.”

JR’s eyes widened at the thought of Sue Ellen being as free as he was. “Well, it’ll be nice to have you back, I mean, for John Ross’s sake. He misses you Sugar.

“I miss him, too JR. It wasn’t easy for me to accept that he wanted to move back to Southfork with you and the family but I didn’t stand in his way. I guess I better go back to my hotel now.”

“How long are you staying there?” JR asked.

“I have another week. I hope I can find something to rent until I can figure out where I can move to. I never thought I’d say that I have to start looking for a job—at my age!” Sue Ellen managed a chuckle.

“Nonsense sugar, leave it to ol’ JR. How would it look if I didn’t help you?” Sue Ellen shook her head. “No JR, I couldn’t take a hand out.”

“It’s not a hand out Darlin—you’re the Mother of my son and you know the family has a few condominiums in Dallas. We just finished renovating them. I want you to live in whatever one you want. I know Bobby would agree.”

Sue Ellen tried to object but JR put his hand on her mouth, “Shh, I won’t except no for an answer, sugar. Mama would never forgive me or Bobby for that matter if we didn’t insist. Plus after all the crap I put you through I feel I need to make up for it.”

Sue Ellen was so appreciative and said, “That is so sweet of you, JR. I will take it on one condition.” What’s that, JR wondered.

Sue Ellen rose to her feet. “That you give me an executive job at Ewing Oil so I can pay you rent, well a reduced rent that is,” Sue Ellen said, a gleam in her eye. “I think that’s fair considering our past history. Don’t you?”

God, she is so smart and sexy! JR stood up, kissed her on the cheek and said, “You drive a hard bargain, Sue Ellen but it’s a deal."

The magic is back!

To Be Continued...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Honkytonkangel

Honkytonkangel Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Welcome back. It's still soooooo good. I love a sweet JR and I love that they are both there for each other despite how long they've been apart and everything that happened between them.
    Happy to see that Don didn't do anything to hurt Sue Ellen (though if he had it would've been awesome to see what evil plan JR came up with to sort him out LOL).
    Love that Sue Ellen doesn't want to just take money from JR and insisted on working.
    Can't wait to see them both at Ewing Oil. They will be totally badass together.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    Glad to see you posting again Tracey! :)
    We've missed you around the board lately. Maybe you could also repost one of your old stories for us?

Oh and do stop by swoon from time to time...

Great update to your new story. I'm glad to see that Sue Ellen is divorcing Don. :)
    I can see JR making his moves on her. But I didn't see the last twist coming when she asked for a job at Ewing Oil!

Also a rebound from Nicholas?
    Uh-uh I think both Nicholas and Don were nothing but rebounds for JR! ;)

Anyway I'll look forward to read more of this.

• Agree Agree x 1