1. Show your support for DALLAS in the battle of the soaps

The Character's Exit

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are experiencing some issues and there may be some downtime to correct this. Apologies for any inconvenience

Dismiss Notice

A New Feud?

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by stevew, Nov 7, 2016.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Original Member Since:
    Jan 2012
    I thought the show needed a new family to Feud with - that they should have left the Barnes Ewing Feud go. I'd go as far as cliff being thrilled at his daughter marry John Ross as he always thought of him as a son and JR thrilled he is son married Pamela because he'd see something in her from fine schools to her business success. But I do agree they needed a fued - so who? I also don't think it should be someone totally new to the story like the Ramos or ryland families - should be a connection. So who?

1) Wendells - a little obvious but maybe a good idea - certainly reason to hate JR if they lost control of West Star to him and Jeremy died broken

2) a cartel family like the Lees or Stones - lost of reasons to hate the Ewings

3) maybe the Krebs kids - Margaret and Lucas - have to make something up but the revel that Bobby is Lucas's real dad in the middle of a fued could send things into high gear

Or another? Please give a name or names and reason. And who carries on the fued (even make up new people if you want as long as they're connected to the original)?

2. Elizabeth Ewins

Elizabeth Ewins Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15
    It might be very interesting to find out that there is a rival Southworth family or another legitamate branch of the Ewings. Lets say that miss Ellie had a brother who was presumed dead who had a family. Or Jock had a brother with a family. But it would be better if Christopher or John Ross had illegitamate children.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Original Member Since:
    Jan 2012
    Both scenarios happened in the original. Jocks brother's family they played out. Miss Ellie did have a brother presumed dead, Garrison Southworth. What if he had a family we never knew about? That could work. I like the idea of the two of them with illegitimate kids by at this point they'd be too young for a real story, I think.

My point was that like South Fork and Ewing Oil they needed the 3rd thing that made Dallas - a fued. And the Barnes fued had been played out - which was another flaw of Dallas 2012. Thank you for the ideas.

4. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,840
    Cliff Barnes had made his peace with the Ewing family in Lorimar Dallas so I'm not sure why Dallas TNT needed to re-visit this, poor research I suspect. What was the trigger for Cliff going after the Ewing family anyway? Did J.R. trip Cliff Barnes at the Oil Baron's Ball in November 2006 starting the whole Ewing/Barnes rivalry again? But back to your question.

Ideally I would have liked to see our favorite character Katherine Wentworth return to Dallas. Now before anyone suggests this would have been nigh impossible since she would have been arrested the moment she resurfaced I'll suggest she blackmailed the Texas Governor in granting her a pardon. Now that we have the incidentals out of the way - how convenient - Katherine is free to exact her revenge on the Ewing family. As evil as Katherine is she has a secret weapon up her sleeve. A person more devious, conniving, manipulative and immoral than J.R. could ever be, his and Katherine's son - Wentworth Ewing.

I picture a tall dark-haired guy with piercing blue eyes....now that would have been fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Original Member Since:
    Jan 2012
    I like it. I think we still needed another family with a reason to fued with Ewings and not made up out of thin air like the Rylands and the Ramoses. And there were no shortages of enemies that could have had kids. And certainly I could see a child of Katherine's come into the fued on the side of this new family - maybe married to one of them - a Wendell, a Lee, a Stone, etc. maybe the anti Pam.

6. Via The Void
    Breezy

Via The Void Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Those rich namby pamby Ewings!

If I had the money, which I haven't, I'd return to Dallas & make that no good father of mine sweat big time.

I'd claw that Ewing Global company right out from under him!

He abandoned me to my Mother, Jenna Wade & that idiot cowboy Ray Krebbs, and then when I was older coming to terms with my sexuality they both abandoned me in a institution.

But the wheel has turned now. I'm out of that institution, I know longer get psychotic & I'm living happily with my step mother Pamela Barnes Ewing Graison & her husband Mark. Christopher has recently joined us too after being given a new identity in order to protect him.

I have more reason than anyone to go after the Ewings, but you no what, Bobby believes his son Christopher is dead, well let him continue to think it. Chris is happy he's found his Mother & I finally have a family to call my own.

But to go back to Dallas & confront my father Bobby Ewing isn't something I really want to do, because he's lost everyone he ever truly loved, as well as the one's he should've made time for but didn't! :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sarah
    Cynical

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,977
    I don't think there is any point in a new feud. The feud and Dallas itself was based on the Barnes/Ewing feud. To set up a feud with another family seems futile. Although I could see that little bitch Pamela Rebecca starting a new war - that would make sense.

8. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Original Member Since:
    Jan 2012
    Wow rough on Bobby. Not sure where to go with that show but certainly is a bitter kid.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Original Member Since:
    Jan 2012
    You mean divorcing John Ross and starting a new Ewing Barnes Fued? I just figured that was one of the main stays of the show, no matter who came and went you had a go to family to fued with. I certainly agree the fued with the Barnes family is dead (unless as you say Pamela continues it) but I thought another family with history would make sense - if they were to continue Dallas anyway.

10. Via The Void
    Breezy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +420
    You'd be bitter if your real father wanted nothing to do with you. And your own family didn't want you either.

I've never met him, and I don't think I ever will. :(

11. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Original Member Since:
    Jan 2012
    True. But he's a Ewing. Don't forgive and never forget and do onto others before they can do onto. At least that's what your uncle would tell you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Via The Void
    Breezy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +420
    My Uncle JR Ewing?

I hear he was quite a character.

Maybe it's time for me to return to Dallas & claim my birth right.

It's just I don't want that Cynthia Cidre screwing up my return like she did with the Cyntax Dallas. :(

I want someone involved with the Lorimar Dallas to helm my return in Dallas: The Next Generation! ;) :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Original Member Since:
    Jan 2012
    That was part of you uncles master plan - he killed her off.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Via The Void
    Breezy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +420
    You mean he thought he killed her off.

Pam got the last laugh by staying away & watching the declining ratings kill the show.

If she had returned, Dallas might've ended better.

And if they'd got me back for the Cyntax Dallas it might be still running. I'm Luke Krebbs by the way. :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ferney

Ferney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I like the idea of the Barnes-Ewing feud continuing, it's just that they did it horribly and made it unwatchable.

16. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Original Member Since:
    Jan 2012
    True. I just felt they ran out of Barnes family members and Cliff settled it with Miss Ellie. And I like John Ross and Pamela together. Here's an idea that could have been:

Start Dallas 2012 with Miss Ellie's funeral. John Ross had been living with her and his son John Ross Ewing III. She leaves him the house (turns out Bobby only got the ranch years ago). She leaves her money (including Claytons shares in West Star) and the land and mineral right of South Fork to the Ewing Family Foundation which Sue Ellen runs and Bobby and Gary are on a three person board with her.

John Ross had wildcatted over the years creating an oil field services company. He had bought Ewing Oil from his uncle and mother and is the sole owner of company. JR is proud except he was married to Pamela and had a kid. They're divorced now but he's very much the good guy in love with her.

She runs Barnes Global - what Cliff made of his, Pams and Katherine's inheritance combining them with Chris to form a private family conglomerate. Also a large shareholder in West Star. Pamela rubs this company.

JR formed JRE Enterprises again as a large private and owns a large number of shares in West Star as well. He backed Chris as Chairman and CEO. Chris is John Ross's antagonist and JR thinks the rivalry is good for John Ross and like that Chris keeps John Ross and Pamela apart.

JR wants his son with Amy Anderson, Punks granddaughter, and heir to her mother's shared in the Cattlemans bank which became the New York bank Standard Trust. She's a international jettting socialite. Can make her Hispanic on. Her mom's side as they were going with diversity.

Could also bring on children of Katherine's and grandchildren of Jordan Lee and Jeremy Wendell and start with a fight between JR and Chris over control of West Star and Chris wanting at SouthForks oil. Show Bobby dating Ann and her situation with Emma. Chris working with Harris to keep them apart. And the feud is back on.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tommie
    Brooding

tommie Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,245
    Original Member Since:
    I dunno
    I think the biggest issue with Dallas (2012) is that most of us saw the PamBecca twist coming and then not really providing an explanation why Cliff would go after the Ewings again. Had there been a reasonable explanation for it then at least the expected twist would've been ok... but it just happened on the show. And that is bad writing. "Shit happens" is bad writing.

18. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Original Member Since:
    Jan 2012
    Excellent point. And for a new fan they never had an explanation either. And this plot was pretty twisted, marry your cousin and steal his life's work.

19. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +323
    I like 1) and 2) but I don't see the Krebbs family having the reason or the temperament to engage in a feud with the Ewings. Actually Ray Krebbs is a Ewing despite his name so all his children would have Ewing blood running through their veins.

I thought of one more possibility that I like a lot. It's a bit far-fetched, but aren't lots of soap storylines that way? Here's my idea: First I anted to choose someone who had reason to hate the Ewings and was also a formidable competitor - someone whose offspring would also likely be formidable competitors for the Ewings. That rules out Michelle Stevens - she's just too much of an airhead. I'm looking for someone who has intelligence to pass along to children even if this person had mental health issues. Those could also be passed down to the next generation and someone or a few people of the same family who are intelligent but also mentally predisposed to be obsessive and extremely jealous as well as psychopathic would be dangerous people with whom to have to feud.

If you haven't guessed who I'm describing yet, it's Katherine Wentworth! Now I realize Katherine died according to Cidre history, and even if she hadn't died, if she'd ever surfaced long enough to engage in a sustained feud, the authorities would find her and put her in prison. So since it can't be Katherine feuding with the Ewings, here's my idea:

According to a new bit of history that would be uncovered so that this feud could take place, it would be revealed that before Katherine died, she got pregnant by a man whose identity I haven't decided on yet. Maybe the story should just be that she had a one night stand with a good looking man who resembled Bobby one night when she was trashed. As a result, 9 months later Katherine gave birth to twins! She loved her babies (a boy and a girl), and was as good of a mother to them as her mental health would allow. She constantly told them stories abut the man she wished had been their father, Bobby Ewing, but according to her, even though Bobby used to love her a lot, J.R. Ewing told Bobby vicious lies about her to keep him from considering her marriage material. Bobby was so awful to her after hearing the lies J.R. told Bobby about Katherine that losing the love of the only man she had ever truly loved was just too much for her heart and her soul to take. That marked the beginning of her descent into madness. It was as she put it, not just a betrayal by J.R., whom she had once considered a friend, but then for Bobby to not giver her the benefit of the doubt and instead for Bobby to turn against her so completely and so "viciously" caused her "more grief than any woman should ever have to bear."

As crazy as she sounds, she was still capable of treating the twins well as they grew from toddlers into beautiful and intelligent young children. Robert and Kathleen loved their mother and they empathized with her entirely when she told her about how much she had done for Bobby Ewing and how he had just paid her back in scorn. They hated J.R. for turning Bobby against her but being the highly intelligent children they were, they realized it was Bobby's free will to either choose to believe the malicious lies or to choose not to believe them considering Katherine had always treated Bobby wonderfully and with all of her heart.

As the twins neared puberty, the strain from years of running from the authorities had just accelerated the decline of her mental health. Both Robert and Kathleen Wentworth noticed this being the highly observant kids they were, and it frightened them terribly. Their mom was all the family they had! One day as they returned home from 8th grade, they arrived to find Katherine still in her bed. Kathleen went to check on her mother and as she touched the side of her mother's face, she let out a scream of pure sadness. Katherine's face was cold to the touch, much too cold, and Robert, upon checking for a pulse, found none. They both cried hysterically, not fully able to believe that such a horrible thing could be true. Their mother was dead!

There was a piece of paper on her nightstand that Robert took in his hands and then immediately showed to his twin sister as they both read the suicide note silently. The gist of it was that although she loved them both dearly, she could no longer take both the stress running from the authorities, and as she put it, she had gotten old enough that she was forced to confront the reality that if Bobby was ever going to marry her, he would have done so already. She just couldn't stand living with the fact that she was too old to be attractive to "such an incredibly good looking man." She continued on about the impossibility of Bobby wanting to marry an "old maid" like her as she put it, and that truth be told, for some time now she had wanted "sweet release" from this world. She never would have lasted as long as she had without Robert and Kathleen and they should always remember how very much she loved them. She hoped that she had managed to last long enough to teach them both the most important lessons that a mother could pass on to her children, and as hard as it had been to hold on, especially over the last year or so, she hoped that they would have only good memories of her and that there was no way to measure how much she loved them both. Finally she wrote that she was supremely confident in each their abilities and certain that they wouldn't waste their lives as she had wasted hers. She wrote that she was sure they would both live their lives in ways that would make her so very, very proud.

20. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Original Member Since:
    Jan 2012
    Thank you. I guess for the Krebs I was think more Margaret and more about Donna. And a mnkther twist is that Lucas is Bobby's son.

Love your idea. The new Wentworth-Ewing Fued. What if she's always told them Bobby was their father but wasn't? What if JR was their father? And they'd hate the Barnes too - being Pam and Cliff ended up with a chunk of Katherine's father's money. Love it.