A One Tree Hill continuation,would it work?

Discussion in 'Sundry Prime Time Soaps' started by ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989, Jan 7, 2019.

1. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,642
    Its been seven years since OTH left our screens after entertaining teenaged millennials for nearly a decade, this show captured America as it was in the 2000s, an era less innocent than the 90s but much freer and less toxic than the 10s have turned out.

A reboot would be out of the question for me since, no one could really play Lucas or Brooke or Haley as well as the original actors did, so how about a continuation?

00s nostalgia is just starting since the decade is nearly 20 years old and old enough for millennials and some gen x’ers to get all rose tinted over, it would focus on the next generation as well what the original characters are up to?

What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,460
    Mixed feelings here.

Perhaps I'm too new to be objective. I'm a latecomer to the series having discovered it perhaps three years ago through discussion here on SoapChat. And I loved it. But because I saw it so recently and because I was very satisfied with the series finale I don't feel too invested in the idea of a reunion.

There's also the thorny issue of the Mark Schwahn controversy. The original series was his baby and I think a lot of those characters came from him. It would be strange to have a continuation without his involvement. Not impossible, but a little strange.

That said, the original cast were young enough to still have plenty of interesting stories to tell. And I'm sure many of them would still be living in Tree Hill and interacting in each other's lives. Gilmore Girls seems to have been popular enough. So to answer your original question, a continuation certainly could work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +633
    It was a great show but a decent continuation would be impossible because Dan Scott is dead.