Actors/Actresses You Just Don't Like

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ClassyCo, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,219
    Agree, I liked him in Rain Man, Born on 4th July and especially a Few good men - which I always thought was a brilliant film

but once he started bouncing a round a settee declaring his love for Katie Holmes etc I totally went off his films and don't think Ive seen him at the cinema since

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +262
    i used to love Tom Cruise and i have in fact seen damn near everything he did in the 80's and even a lot in the 90's as well. than he lost his damn mind at least in the public and went and jumped on that couch. Behavior that turns out that Leah Remii or however ya spell her last name did end up reporting on him about among other things, check out her interviews about it on you tube. than i found out about that cult something i funny enough never heard of at all until i was in my 20's! around that time he jumped on that couch i think?

now the last thing i watched was that bio film he did a year or two ago American Made (2017) i had to look it up to be sure of the title it did pop in my head as i was typing that and i had to look it up to make sure i was right and i was. and he was good in it and as an actor i can respect him. as a human being though he's scum. and beneath that cause he's in that cult.

i was watching Joe Rogan on You tube and he was interviewing Leah R. check it out if you have the time. where she talks about how if Cruise wanted to he could put a stop to the cult.
    he has that kind of power in there! Travolta though apparently still has his soul as he's a nice guy she said. now i dunno if he disses her either but it was nice that she didn't bad mouth him at least.

anyways so i have a hard time to going and seeking his films out and it's cause of being in that cult. at least Leah R. calls it what it is a cult

3. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +262
    war of the world was the last one i saw before American Made and while i did like American Made and it's a film you watch only once at least for me anyways. War of the World was just boring awful. WOW was that bad and i Love Spielberg but he was soo off the mark with that one

4. Barbara Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,219
    A few more

Reese Witherspoon, you couldn't pay me to watch her
    Joan Collins
    Jack Black
    Will Ferrell
    Johnny Depp, never got the appeal at all
    SJ Parker - why the long face lol
    Angela Lansbury - ruined Bed Knobs and broomsticks for me as a child with her hammy acting

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  5. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,326
    I half agree in that I can't stand her but I don't agree she is an actress, just a ham masquerading as a star.

How could you?

Others I don't like:
    Emma Watson - no talent, lucky she got the Harry Potter gig but was more wooden that his wand. Ruined Beauty and the Beast for me.
    Eddie Redmayne - too technical in his performances and more bland than a rasher of Danish bacon when he was in The Danish Girl and created a totally boring and vacant character in Les Miserables.
    Jennifer Lawrence - again too technical, tries too hard, doesn't come across as being entirely natural and hard to have empathy with her characters as she lacks sufficient emotion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,879
    To be honest I've never seen the original so I don't know how it compares.

7. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,415
    As I like telling my friends, "well, it's your opinion, but as your friend I have to tell you it's the wrong one." :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,326
    Maybe we should discuss this issue for while, have a full and frank exchange of views, analyse all the evidence and then decide I was right all along.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +262
    i've never seen the Original either so that makes 2 of us. a friend of mine who has since died bought the bootleg of war of the worlds off the street back when it came out. on my tv it was black and white. on his? well funny enough it wouldn't work! it was hard to watch as well cause of the black and white and certain shots were hard to tell what was going on.

but knowing that i still can't get myself to watch it again this time in color!

10. Barbara Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,219
    :gp:yes, she was very lucky.

yes she always comes across as pretty irritating off camera and smug. talking of which Emma Thomson is another smug luvvie actress who is way too full of her self! I had to suffer her in primary Colours to get to see Larry Hagman, least with a DVD you can zip right past the scenes lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  11. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,432
    Although hammyness per se isn't a crime, I've often said there's something very high school drama club about Joan... So DYNASTY was perfect for her.

• Like Like x 1
  12. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +262
    i've never been much of a Joan Collins fan either, but i do gotta say my favorite roles of her aren't her soaps it's the horror movies she did in the 70's. she was great in those.
    tales from the crypt the (1972) classic she was quite good in that in i think it was the 1st story.