1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adam Should Have A Brain Tumor

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty' started by Grant Jennings, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,048
    Adam is evil, irremediably so. Mile High Adam's evil ways were attributed to drug abuse frying his brain. If Peach Adam is to remain on the show there must be some reason for some of his family members to tolerate him. I previously expected there would be a doctor's convention at La Mirage with Dr. Jonas Edwards attending an accidentally spilling the beans that he had diagnosed "sweet, sensitive Mikey" as having an "inoperable"* brain tumor. When Adam was blinded by the explosion I suspected the doctor would tell Blake that the blindness would only be temporary but the real concern was the mass that appeared on Adam's MRI. It would be revealed that Adam had a tumor in his frontal lobe - the portion of the brain that controls impulses. Adam's behavior would suddenly make sense and all would be forgiven. Of course, surgery would remove the tumor but he would sustain some damage to his frontal lobe so though he wouldn't be as horrible as he had been, he would still be a little bit evil.

as soap fans we all know that no brain tumor is ever really inoperable nor is any woman truly incapable of conceiving and bearing children - they just need the right handsome and charismatic doctor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,540
    Yeah, tell that to Laura Avery. :scream:

I've always believed they will offer up some kind of medical excuse for his behavior, since they can't logically keep him around after the things he's done to his adoptive mother, Steven, Alexis, and Liam and Jeff. But I always thought drug abuse was a more logical excuse, since they established his access to drugs from his introduction. But the ease with which he gave up on practicing medicine seemed to stick a fork in my theory, since he would want to continue having the opportunity to write his own prescriptions. Now that he's no longer practicing medicine, I guess that angle isn't going to be played. So brain tumor would be equally acceptable.

Maybe Alexis could step in to "make sure he gets the help he needs" by having the doctors neuter him while he's also having brain surgery. Laura Van Kirk will be devastated.

3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,916
    Well, the premise here is that just as people in Denver needed a justification for all the evil deeds so they can still be around him, so will the people of Atlanta. I can tell you as someone who has lived in a few states in the US south (Georgia among them) for a total of 11 years, people there find such abhorrent behavior no reason to not invite someone for the holidays--"because no matter what, they are family." :D

4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 17 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,155
    Or maybe he's possessed and they have to take him to Dr. Voodoo.

5. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,540
    I can only attribute this to our love of a 'floor show' with our dinner. Mama won't let us turn on the TV during dinner, so a food fight will have to suffice. :slap:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,540
    If he indeed had an undiagnosed brain tumor, I think they would have found it when they did all the exams, etc. after the explosion.

I'm imagining that he will soon recover his sight, but will continue to pretend he can't see because it's just the sort of advantage he'd like to have over others. He could resume his reign of terror (killing Nadia, maybe trying again to silence Liam, maybe even branching out into plots against C3 or NuAlexis) while feigning blindness to throw everyone off the track.

7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,524
    I imagine that he'll have a mental breakdown and spend a few episodes in an "institution" (with Claudia?).

Honestly, when his bad deeds are finally exposed I kind of hope they do a redemption arc, but with him ending up having technically good intentions, but being too screwed up to exercise them properly. Him becoming a therapist and giving horrible (albeit well-intentioned in a messed up way) advice to people would be great.

8. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,540
    Last year on General Hospital, the town's shrink Kevin Collins was kidnapped and replaced by his twin brother Ryan Chamberlain, who is/was the town's serial killer. Ryan (pretending to be Kevin) took on Kevin's patient load and gave them all sorts of "interesting" advice/counsel. He even told a patient that he understood why she would want to kill her own daughter, and maybe she ought to explore those feelings further! He then turned around and killed the daughter himself, and seduced the grieving mother into bed. Adam couldn't possibly be much worse at 'counseling' than that.

9. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 10 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +882
    Wow. This is pure evil for a daytime soap.

10. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,524
    This sounds great since whiny daughters are annoying.

• Funny Funny x 2