Ages of the characters in The Colby's

Discussion in 'The Colbys' started by SantaCarrintonEwingsBells, Apr 12, 2017.

1. SantaCarrintonEwingsBells

SantaCarrintonEwingsBells Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,778
    Medals:
    One thing that I would say Dynasty was quite clear on were the ages and year births of its characters or roughly at least

1: Blake in 1925
    2: Alexis in the late 1930s
    3: Krystle and Matthew 1948
    4: Claudia in 1952
    5: Adam in 1955
    6: Fallon and Jeff 1956
    7: Steven in 1958
    8: Amanda and Sammy Jo in 1964
    9: Jackie in 1966
    10: Lindsey roughly 1967 or 1968

Less clear were: Dominique, Ben, Kirby and Leslie, but I've always put their birth years as: Dominique (1940), Ben (1943), Kirby (1956) and Leslie (early 1960s)

However it wasn't as clear on The Colby's and it became more confusing in season 9, Stephanie Beacham is seven years younger than Katherine Ross yet Beacham's Sable was supposed to have been older than Ross's Francesca, and as for Connie, Jason, Cecil and Phillip was less clear, Connie seemed much older than her siblings and Blake, yet they were all apparently in the same social circles in from the mid 50s to the mid 60s.

Not to mention if Sable was 17 when she married Jason in 1957
    And had Monica and Miles in 1958, which in itself isn't unbelievable, but Frankie is at least three years younger than Sable, meaning she was born around 1943, so not only did she have Jeff, marry Phillip and became his widow by the time she was 14 years old??? Plus a premarital fling with Jason??? This makes it all to confusing.

David Paulsen corrected some of this where Sable was concerned in season 9, he moved he moved her age closer to Stephanie Beacham's own age, therefore shifting the ages of Monica and Miles by a few years, again no problem, but Frankie was still the younger sister, and this made her backstory even less realistic than before! As she would've been around 8 when she had Jeff!

Is there a clear timeline of events in The Colby's somewhere with birthdates?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,137
    Medals:
    I always figured Frankie was just a year younger than Sable, and that she had conceived Jeff with Jason only a short while before Jason met Sable. So within the 9 months Frankie believed herself to be with Philip's son, Jason and Sable grew close and decided to get hitched. A year or two afterwards, Sable was raped and conceived Miles and Monica. Making Jeff at least a couple years older than the twins, while still being the son of the younger of two sisters.

3. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    What about the ages of Connie, Jason, Cecil and Phillip? Charlton Heston and Lloyd Bochner were born a year apart so it makes sense for them to be cast as brothers but Barbara Stanwyck was quite a bit older than them and Michael Parks was much younger than them. There's a 33 year age gap between Stanwyck and Parks. One of the four has to be a half-sibling.

4. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Piggy It's Kermit Outside Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,179
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    You are right about Lindsay: she was born in 1968. See the proof below:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. SantaCarrintonEwingsBells

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,778
    Medals:
    I cant help but think Connie as the mother of Jason, Cecil and Phillip
    Due to the large age gaps, Heston and Bochner were indeed a year apart and Michael Parks was born in 1940, only thirteen and twelve years younger than Heston and Bochner respectively, however
    Stanwyck is nearly two decades older than Heston and Bochner and 33 years older than Parks.

Two decades between two siblings isn't impossible, I myself have a younger sister who seventeen years younger than me, but siblings born three decades apart means that Daddy Colby had a young wife and had Phillip to her, that's the only explanation, Philip is the half sibling.

Its quite possible that Connie is another half-sibling, Connie is from a first marriage, Jason and Cecil are from the second marriage and Phillip is from the third marriage

• Like Like x 2
  6. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    Medals:
    This is what I figure - while two decades between siblings isn't unheard of (my grandmother and her oldest sister were 18 years apart) it seems quite implausible that he'd have a child with his first wife, then wait 17 years to have the next. I figure Connie's birthmother might have died in childbirth and wife #2 came in a while after that.

7. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    Medals:

Not that strange. My matrilineal grandparents had their first child in the late 1920s and their last in the 1960s, by which point they were great-grandparents. And grandfather had more elsewhere in the 1970s. My great-uncle and great-aunt had a 33 year gap between child number one and numbers two, three and four.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    Medals:
    I also think there's stuff that happened in 1900 - we had two wars. My maternal grandparents had their first child in the early 1930s - then a huge gap because of World War II - then a bunch of more children after that.

9. SantaCarrintonEwingsBells

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,778
    Medals:
    My great aunt had two children and the 1960s (1964 & 1968) then remarried in the 1980s had another but very unexpected child in 1994 with her second husband and finally another child in 2000, there is 36 years between her oldest and youngest child.

Bear in mind the youngest child is over a decade younger than his niece and nephew

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    Medals:
    That's insane! :eek:

I assume she had her first children VERY young? My parents always had the philosophy that either you have your litter at a young age or you wait. This spreading out thing makes no sense to me.

11. SantaCarrintonEwingsBells

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,778
    Medals:
    She didn't plan on her last two children, the the second marriage broke down and her fourth child was from a brief relationship.

She was 16 when she had her first child and 52 when she had her last child.

It's like a soap storyline I know!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    Medals:

52? That's insane. She must've been surprised when she got pregnant!

13. SantaCarrintonEwingsBells

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,778
    Medals:
    She was indeed, she had already been through the menopause at the age of 50!