1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It's Coming

We are very close

Dismiss Notice

Aladdin 2019

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Willie Oleson, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +24,293
    Medals:

At first I didn't even realize it was live-action remake, I thought it was one of those HD bluray upgrade things.
    Are we excited?
    :think:

I think the soundtrack is going to be awesome, and hopefully it'll inspire the theme parks to create a proper Aladdin dark ride.

2. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,890
    Medals:
    Not excited at all. The animated Disney movies create that special magic. This feels like an ordinary adventure/fantasy flick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +24,293
    Medals:

Geez, was the animated Genie really so great?:re:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +869
    I didn't really enjoy the 90's animation but I'm weirdly excited for this.

5. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,964
    I predict Aladdin will flop but The Lion King will be the big movie of 2019.

6. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +6,167
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I predict that I won´t go see any of those...though I might take a look at them at home if I have the opportunity...Though I don´t know what looks more terrifying, if the blue Genie or the awful CGI monkey...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  7. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +24,293
    Medals:
    I'll watch it, as soon as I can. But it's not really a matter of choice, I have to know what it looks like.

8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +24,293
    Medals:
    Someone's uploaded the finale battle scene, and Jasmine in the hourglass and Jafar's transformation into the giant snake have been omitted from this remake.

9. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Medals:
    my mom went and saw this and loved it, me i like Will Smith and i have enjoys his movies and his music going back to his Fresh Prince days in the really late 80's. but he was i'm sorry he was really miscast in this, also no one absolutely no one can replace Robin Williams he IS the Genie no matter how hard they try to replace him. personally the idea that they are remaking all these movies and making them live action is really stupid what it says it to me is they've run out of ideas so they are going to their own movies to remake them.

i think they need to hire some really great writers and do something different that they haven't done before even though that no doubt can be tough i'm sure. i haven't Seen John Carter but that movie is different i hear, on why that one flopped was cause the trailer makes the film look like it was a completely different film i hear i only mention that one cause that one was based off a book series and was different. and as for Aladdin really than why even make it huh? course i asked the same question anyways when they 1st announced it

• Like Like x 1
  10. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +24,293
    Medals:
    I found the animated character terribly annoying. Anything less is going to feel like an upgrade to me.
    I think it's a nice way to revisit these classic stories. The 101 Dalmatians remake has become a classic in its own right, imho. The Alice In Wonderland movies are gorgeous and Cinderella 2015 was a decent remake too.
    Beauty And The Beast was a snoozefest but it's not one of the most exciting stories anyway.

The Little Mermaid seems like the perfect choice for the next remake project.

11. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Medals:
    i love disney movies don't get me wrong some more than others but i love the animated version that's fine if you don't but than i've been a Robin Wiliams fan since i was a kid i'm 40 now. they are doing it for the $$$$$ that's the only reason they are doing it well that and they are out of ideas for new projects. the 101 dalmations film the live action one i agree is decent i don't think it's a classic though but i haven't seen the sequel either. the alice in wonderland films i have the 1st one which oddly i've had since it came out on blu-ray first one i ever bought in fact yet i still haven't watched it for some reason or other. i dunno why but many people really hate that movie and consider that one of Burton's worst and i dunno what they think of the sequel to be fair.

they are great looking films to look at, but sometimes a film can look damn good but it can be a big ole piece of dog shit. i've seen many movies like that. for me i prefer the cartoons the best ones i think in Disney's era i never really cared for Snow white but i'd say from Dumbo to The Rescuers are the best ones to watch, not that all of them are awful made after that they aren't some of them are good but (1940-1977) are my favorite years of Disney's animation years. the little mermaid is a good movie it's just not among my favorites that's all and i love rescuers down under as well and that's from (1990)

12. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +24,293
    Medals:
    Probably, but the reason doesn't necessarily dictate the result of the remake.
    I'd argue that the worst Burton movie would still be entertaining enough, but for what it's worth I liked Alice Through The Looking Glass better than the first movie.

13. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Medals:
    ya know Burton's a hit and miss in recent years though i haven't seen Dumbo yet i'm sure i will sooner or later. but he's still a favorite of mine for me Batman returns is my favorite of his i think and it's also my favorite Batman film as well. and well Burton didn't do the 2nd Alice film he only did the 1st. so that may be why you liked it better perhaps?

• Like Like x 1