1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Alexis is back!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alexis, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,147
    Medals:
    I'd love to say I have been sunning myself and whoring myself around the globe like my namesake but, alas, it is not true. It's a long and dull story, very Dynasty season 8.
    My laptop died and so I ordered a new one. Then I realised I had made a mistake and cancelled the order so I could get a laptop in the Black Friday sales for much less. It wasn't that long a wait, I figured. I found one and ordered it, and then somehow got locked out of my online shopping account as I had never had to use a password, as my laptop always had me signed in. I didn't have to enter a password for years, then using my phone I had to use the password. I had no clue what it was, despite the clues etc. I locked myself out of my account as they suspected fraud. I had made two expensive purchases and then attempted the maximum amount of password attempts. Then I had a nightmare of trying to email proof of ID and address via my phone. The attachments somehow wouldn't show up on their end. Eventually I had to mail them a letter along with copies of bank statements etc. This all took weeks! Then when I finally could could access my account they had cancelled my order so the laptop was now out of stock. I then had to look for an alternative which I did and it has finally arrived.

Are you bored yet?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822
    Welcome back to the pleasuredome :jolly:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,147
    Medals:
    It's good to be home, and in time for Christmas too!

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,089
    Medals:
    Welcome back, Alexis. Have fun getting acquainted with the new laptop.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,147
    Medals:
    Well... Don't even. I kinda rush bought it was it was one of the last few on sale. It was also the same make as my last one, now I've just realised i didn't check the specs on it. It doesn't have a disc drive! I've never had a laptop without a disc drive. I guess I'm going to have buy an external one now. I also I haven't reinstalled iTunes yet but I'm guessing I have lost a good chunk of my music, if not all of it since my last laptop died.

The stress of it all.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 3
  6. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,089
    Medals:
    It seems I’ve had a dose of instant karma. My MacBook lost the will to live yesterday and I’m confined to RSI-inducing phone posting.

This is what I get for teasing you.