All of Spectra 2.0.....

Discussion in 'US Soaps Forum' started by TJames03, Mar 25, 2018.

1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +422
    .....have been fired on B&B. Agree or disagree with that decision?

2. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,615
    Bradley Bell has done this a lot over the years, and I'm beginning to think he does it on purpose. The Forresters will be there forever, but most of the characters floating around them are in and out. He brings in a new character (or even a circle of them like this one), and he just...loses interest at some point, and rather than trying to make it work, he just fires them. I always thought the effort to recreate the Spectra gang reeked of desperation, a way of admitting things were better back then and they wanted to live in the past rather than push into the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gabriele

Gabriele Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13
    yes,it's,true,i,like,SPECTRA.2.0

4. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,069
    There are things that are maddening about Bradley Bell, but I think B&B runs the tightest ship plot-wise on daytime drama. The Logan clan has been back for a while, Brooke is a staple as are the Forresters, and the Spencers are back: that is way core families there, like 1987 core. The Spectra gang may have left because of Pierson Fodé's decision. He brought them around for the 30th anniversary (same as the theme and photo-cut intro) and kept them even after Pierson Fodé left with the help of Liam, but Hope and her history is a much better adversary for Steffy than the poor man's Sally Spectra. You are not wrong that if he runs out of story he fires them and a lot of good talent has been wasted that way, but it does make the show have that tight ship I mentioned.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  5. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,615
    I will say I'd rather have a soap producer write out characters who are no longer contributing to the show, rather than keeping on a lot of once-important characters to fight over storyline scraps. I'm all for having a strong ensemble, but retaining "played out" characters who only show up to attend weddings or serve tea once a month seems to be a waste of talent. The worst offender in this annoying tendency is GH, which has (probably) fifty characters around in various levels of screen time, with less than half of their portrayers actually on contract. Frank Valentini needs to learn when to say good-bye, and stop holding onto so many extraneous characters who have no real position in the current show.

6. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +422
    I just don't get why they don't acknowledge that Darlene Conely's real-life passing. Sally Spectra 1.0 needs a proper farewell. BTW, is it just me or does Courtney Hope look like a man?

7. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +422
  8. Gabriele

Gabriele Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13
    She.is.back..