Amanda's season 10-11 storyline

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989, Apr 4, 2018.

1. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,440
    With Paulsen at the helm and had ABC given DYNASTY a chance, I can see it lasting as far as 1991 (the year of the reunion ironically)
    However I can see there being new leads as Krystle, Alexis and Blake would be out of the picture or recurring, the new leads would be Sable & Dex.

However, with Alexis she would be concentrating on the Crystal skull (cheers @Snarky's Ghost! ;) ) in the meantime, Amanda has unexpectedly returned after a two and a half year absence, her adoptive mother Rosalind Bedford has informed her of King Arthur's sword: Excalibur and how she is a direct descendant of his, Amanda has been travelling all over Europe and South America, following the consortium in their bid to collect valuble items, and that's when she learns that her mother is the daughter of Adolf Hitler.

Just another crazy storyline for Dynasty.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,093
    Amanda actually returns to the Carlton in the last 30 seconds of the season 9 finale. She walks in the door and says "Finally I'm back!!" and then we cut to Alexis and Dex falling, the screen goes black and a ***THUD*** is heard.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,093
    Alternative storyline: Alexis enlists Amanda's help in season 10 to do research in Europe (to find out her real paternity? @Snarky's Ghost ), Amanda's recurring this season, mostly appearing on the phone with Alexis. In the second-to-last episode in season 10 her research brings her to Ireland where we see her sitting in a public records office - "Oh my God", Amanda exclaims and hurries out to the nearest phone booth. "Mother, I have something horrible to tell you..." - the camera zooms out and the phone booth explodes! The incident ends up being classed as a terrorist act and blamed on the IRA... but was it them?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,383
    That's just so Six Feet Under. Love it!

The Michael & Amanda romance couldn't be more boring if they tried.
    Maybe after two or three years she would bump into prince Michael again, except that he's blind now. I know, it's terribly exploitative but sometimes the melodrama needs that extra bit of "melo".
    So, in a different place in a different time in different circumstances, they fall in love again - and this time she will be the one to take care of somebody. And then they ride off into the sunset (or city). *sniffs*

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,128
    I did want them living the expatriate life in Denver, competing for which was the most narcissistic idiot. That could've been fun for a year or so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,383
    Or...she survives a plane crash, it crashes in the jungle, and she's captured by brutal jungle people who use her as a sex slave. She manages to escape but then she's struck by a mini-meteor. We can only see her arms and legs, she's still alive because we can hear her moaning. A hungry tiger finds her and eats her arms and legs. Then there's an earthquake which causes the meteor to move, but she can't walk without legs (and arms) and then we see a volcano erupt and she screams in horror an pain when the hot lava covers what's left of her body.

Or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,440
    Amanda: Using the fact that she's the granddaughter of the world's most evil dictator's decides to retake Moldavia by using the long discarded weapons made by the Nazi's and forces the Moldavians to submit to her, she uses her two Michaels as her sex slaves and she even gets them to do the horizontal dance with one another, just because she's a kinky, catholic, upper class English nymphomaniac (she's her mothers daughter after all, possibly more so than Fallon)

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,383
    Together?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    I envision her returning to Denver horrifically burned after a run-in with pirates on some sea somewhere.

She can't really speak. All she can say, wrapped up like a mummy, is "Mummy! Mummy!"

Alexis begrudgingly takes her crisped daughter in, but is soon driven mad by her daughter's incessant cries of "Mummy".

One horrible, stormy night, Amanda's cries trigger a memory of a past life in Alexis. She remembers being in Ancient Egypt, and realizes she was, indeed and in fact, Cleopatra!

This brings forth an ancient curse, a spirit that possesses Amanda.

Dex, revealing his secret fetish for mummified women, sets off to save Amanda's soul.

Alexis decides to take over Egypt -- "it's much better than that dreary Moldavia, after all!"

Once in Egypt, Elizabeth Taylor could arrive to challenge her, of course, leading to a pyramid catfight, but I don't want to go too over-the-top, you know?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,383
    Blake's lily pond?
    Only if they're wearing fur coats, otherwise I wouldn't believe it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    A nice addition. Accepted.

Well, of course. Who would dare have a pyramid catfight with no fur??!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gabriele

Gabriele Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11
    If.she.could.cane.back.in.Season.10th,i.would.like.she.falling.in.love.with.Sgt.Zorelli.
    and.help.to.find.THE.LADY.in.the.lino.

13. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,346
    And this is how Amanda would tell Fallon about it:

14. Gabriele

Gabriele Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11
  15. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,489
    Amanda and Dex actually had strong chemistry. After her suicide attempt at the end of season 6, did she share a single scene with him? I forget. I can imagine her flirting with Sammy Jo's boyfriend to pass her off, but the pairing with Michael Cullhane was a disaster and I don't think it would've worked even if Spelling had kept Oxenberg.

Therefore, I don't buy Amanda stopped thinking of Dex. I think she would've still been in love with him. And his 'not faring too well' after the Carlton fall could've driven her return to Denver in season 10 (at least for a shorter multi-episode stint as a special guest star).

Of course, if Dex ended up paralyzed as a result of his fall, while saving Alexis' life in the process, that alone could've been the catalyst for reigniting the feelings between him and Alexis. Add Sable who is still pregnant with Dex's child and a worried Amanda rushing back to Denver to be by his side (while blaming both her mother and Sable for his paralysis) and there's plenty of drama to kick things off in season 1o.

Perhaps during her season 10 stay, Amanda could've unearthed some secrets from the past. While she wouldn't have necessarily ended up with Dex, she could've helped take the fight between Alexis and Sable to a next, nuclear level.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,383
    Maybe the woman in the limousine is one of his ex-lovers?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Yes because Dex happened to know Michael (hust like he happened to know Ben...) and he warned Amanda against him. I like to imagine that before leaving Denver Amanda had a last fling with Dex. Ashamed of it, she left for England and found out later that she was pregnant with Dex. She never came back because she knew her mother would never forgive her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1