Angela's other business interests.

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Jock Og, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Medals:
    Angela also owned three other companies during the nine seasons. Making wine was her first love, with her successful Falcon Crest. However she also owned the 'New Globe' newspaper in the mid eighties and then she started the Tuscany Land Corporation in season 6, which she used to buy up other wineries and vineyards. The same year that her new corporation got going she also went into the hospitality sector, upon the purchase of Seven Oaks and rebranding it to Del Oro Spa and Country resort. Which of these other business interests do you think she enjoyed the most?

Terri and Angela are discussing the Ranson vineyards, (a scene from season 5, 1985 - '86):

Terri: "What makes you think I'd sell my vineyards to anyone? Least of all you."

Angela: "Because you're a very smart little girl. And you know, that I know that your only interest in wine is a full glass at dinner."

Terri: "And I know, that you know that Chase is going to need those vineyards. You wouldn't be trying to beat him, to the punch now would you, Angela?"

Angela: "Well, our little Terri is growing up!"

• Like Like x 3
  2. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Medals:
    Angela owning the 'New Globe' was because of spite and given that she wasn't the most hospitable person acquiring the spa and resort, seemed out of character. I could understand Maggie having such a business. As the Tuscany Land Corporation was in the wine industry I would imagine Angela enjoyed this more than the other two.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,822
    Medals:
    It kind of made sense for Angela to diversify her business interest to protect herself from a downturn in the wine industry but I never felt her move into the hospitality sector really worked and I had no real interest in the fortunes of her resort. The New Globe on the other hand was a far more interesting business because it was more than a business, it was about power and influence and so was better suited to her character and ambitions.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,455
    Medals:
    Yeah, I don't think she really wanted it, she just didn't want Richard to have it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +565
    Medals:
    Ya, Angela would have been over the moon as Globe boss. Anything which made Richard squirm made Angie happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +671
    Medals:
    Didn't she call the Globe a rag once or twice?