Another Core Character Not Returning? (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by RebelHeart, Jul 20, 2018.

1. DynastyCarrington

DynastyCarrington Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thank you :)
    I'll definitely check out that chat as well. And I agree, all those plots don't seem to be just for the first episode - It's a lot to take in, especially after a huge cliffhanger and entrance of new characters.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +302
    I need Kirby to be a lesbian in this version. She used to experiment with Fallon back in the day. Yay or nay?

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. DynastyCarrington

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I AM UP FOR THIS. I know a lot of fans who want Fallon to be Bi, and tbh I can see that!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,003
    Not necessarily. It would be interesting if the root of the animosity between Fallon and Kirby (that has been alluded to already) was Kirby's unrequited crush on Fallon, feelings she could not really deal with properly at the time (thin line between love and hate and all that).

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,380
    I'm perfectly okay with Kirby having an unrequited crush on Fallon, but I vote that Kirby be more along the lines of a Depraved Bisexual. I want to see her screwing as many people as she can, just so she can see how much trouble it will cause, all for her own amusement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,380
    Oh no, now I'm imagining a scene in Season 2 where Fallon wakes up from either a drunken stupor, or from having been roofied (or both), finds herself on top of a bed of crumpled up blankets, and casually walking out is Kirby, putting on her earrings and asking, "Hey, what do you want for breakfast? Worked up quite a sweat last night." :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,882
    ^
    That scene, but Blake instead of Fallon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,380
    Kirby screws them both.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +397
    I like this idea, and support it in theory: because I had the impression that Kirby’s terrorising behaviour began when she was pre-pre-pubescent --eg, tearing heads off dolls -- and was also directed at Fallon’s parents too. Wonder what she wasn’t getting from her father/parents that Fallon was. The roots on Kirby’s side seem to lie in jealousy & parental anger. Perhaps, adult Kirby has been able to move past some of that, and a tentative friendship between the 2 girls start, only for a one-sided crush to bloom. No?

Oddly enough, it's been percolating in the recesses of my mind something similar as having happened between Blake and his mother: in his case, a child’s perception that his mother was rebuffing him because she saw his father in him. (Perhaps sensing she was projecting her negative feelings about her husband on him.) The mother-growing son relationship was testy and they became estranged because he'd built a wall of ice around his heart by the time he'd inherited the family business. The situation between them was when she was out of sight, she was out of mind; but her mere presence would rile and inflame him. At some point she chose to leave the family home, and Blake told her to stay away from him.

But conversely, Blake's been yearning for her love all the while & his inner turmoil has reared its head from time to time since her departure. (In my mind, for this cwDynasty, it's possible his mother isn’t dead – unless I’ve forgotten a scene where it was said she was.) The tragedy is that his mother understands much -- she's been keeping tabs on his life from afar and nearby -- but can’t reach him.

The lyrics from Misha Segal's aria in Don Juan Triumphant from Phantom of the Opera seen in this fanvid for another series (The OA) captures the angst beautifully:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. B.J. Ewing

B.J. Ewing Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +177
    Don’t worry, Steven won’t die. He’ll survive and be happy with Christopher Ewing after their treatment in the burn center.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +397
    @B.J. Ewing ^ I was wavering between “amused” at the mention of the burns centre (linking it to something Erik, the Phantom said) & “optimistic” at your wish for Christopher to be alive.

Edited to add: Re the burns.... I think Steven and Christopher are degrees apart in their doneness.

More in the realm of possibility about why Steven would now be out in the cold:
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. DynastyCarrington

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have to ask, is that a legit spoiler you got from somewhere? Or did you brainstorm this yourself? lol

13. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +397
    Brainstormed it, but put it as spoiler for anyone who has yet to watch all the episodes and doesn't know of some of the developments.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  14. RebelHeart

RebelHeart Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Except the other audition didn't happen in the USA, but Australia. It would be hard to travel back and forth all the time.
    Obviously, he's still there and who know's when he will be out. And still no word on him getting the Australian job, so... but him doing it in the first place says plenty.

15. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +397
    Auditioning is part of the drill if you're trying to grow your career too, not just because you got fired (which was what you implied by saying James McKay had been "let go"). Why he's auditioning says little about his circumstances until there's official word that sheds light, IMO. If, indeed, TBTB are firing him from the cwDynasty show or are the ones not wanting to renew his contract, then kudos to you @RebelHeart for being given the scoop. :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. RebelHeart

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I said as much as I was allowed to say, based on the info i've got. Don't kill the messenger.

17. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +397
    :eck: You breathe! You breathe!

18. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Here's my theory about how Steven might leave the show: Sammy Jo somehow finds out about Steven getting Melissa pregnant and he decides to divorce him. Steven then decides he needs to go on some sort of business trip for a little while so he leaves Georgia without even saying goodbye. Then at some point Ted Dinard returns and seduces a lonely and heartbroken Sammy Jo into sleeping with him. By the time Steven comes back Ted & Sammy Jo are already in a full blown affair. And I think to either punish Steven for some reason or somehow make his life even more miserable, Melissa dupes her husband into thinking that the baby is actually his and Senator Daniels goes public with claiming the child as his, riling up Steven even more. Then we might see a major custody between Steven and the Daniels play out on screen while Sammy Jo continues his affair with Ted and Ted uses Sammy Jo's vulnerable state in a ploy to make Steven jealous and hopefully come back to him.

19. Brian Carrington Colby

Brian Carrington Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +86
    • Like Like x 1
  20. RebelHeart

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16