Appreciation thread!

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Emeleez Navidad, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Emeleez Navidad

Emeleez Navidad Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    I get too depressed reading posts on the CW Dynasty section. It's like most are hoping for a cancellation. I find that posting repetative negativity is counterproductive -- who will want to produce soaps when even the soap fans hate on the very few remaining soaps?

So only heartfelt appretiation for CW Dynasty is allowed in this thread!

I like the show. I binged the 2nd half of the first season as I unwillingly fell behind. Now I watch every Saturday evening. I love the addition of Kirby. I love the actress (Maddison Brown). I love Blake, which I didn't in original Dynasty. Not that I hated John Forsythe's Blake, but I didn't love him. I think Grant Show's version is a better Blake. I also like Nicholette's Alexis. She's a better actress than Joan Collins (who I think is a bad actress). I loved Joan's Alexis though - don't get me wrong! It's two different Alexis's, but I like both. And I think Liz G has really done Fallon her own. Fallon is far tougher and devious now, but she's balancing on the right side. I also like Steven & Sam as a couple more and more. And Jeff grew on me with the introduction of Cesil.

I like the fast pace and the humor of the series as well.

I for one hopes to see much more of the show. I don't think it deserves any Emmy awards for anything, but... Finally a new soap that I can enjoy as my new guilty pleasure!

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,570
    Thank you for posting this thread. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  3. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,587
    I look forward to it every week. The production values are top-notch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,570
    Plus I'm really liking how they've handled Cristal's character so far. One thing I could help but smile at in last week's episode was how she came back: in the previous ep, she didn't put up with Blake by walking out on him, but after hearing about the revelation that Steven isn't Blake's son (and of course she'd hear about it; in her very first episode, it was made clear she watches online vids about them... JUST LIKE WE THE VIEWERS DO! :lol:) she comes right back to comfort him. Which is exactly how Krystle would operate: she'd walk out on Blake whenever he became too much - but always returned to help him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,784
    Many fans never wanted it to happen in the first place.
    But how could that ever be beneficial?

Like I always say, the worst song is the song that's never been written.
    Even if it pleases only one person then it has served a purpose.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Emeleez Navidad

Emeleez Navidad Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    Then there's a very easy solution for these fans: don't watch, don't nag.

It does annoy me when grown-ups act like bored teenagers. For example, when pupils nag and nag "can't we see a film?". Then when you finally let them see a film, they nag because it's boring. Spoiled little brats. I wish better from adults. But even a large number of my colleagues have tendencies to act like the spoiled pupils when they have to attend something for educational or personnel uniting activities. My boss was fed up with some of her staff for their behavior, and I can't blame her. What hope is there for our pupils when not even the teachers can be respectful and shut up rather than complaining? My boss even suggested half-jokingly/half-serious that instead of buying coffee and cake for the big meetings (a cake that many won't eat because they don't each some ingredient), she should just hand each staff member cash so they can "buy your own da*n cake!". :lol:

People just complain about every little tiny thing these days!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,329
    I enjoy it for what it is. I do appreciate the fact that the writers obviously watched the original series.

Unlike a lot of people I think they made a right choice with Nicollette's Alexis being different from Joan's Alexis - if they had tried to recreate Alexis she would've gotten even more trashed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,784
    Celia who?
    It is a discussion forum after all, so you can expect both positive and negative feedback. And then of course it's your choice whether or not to read those comments.
    If there's something I like, there's nothing people can say that makes me like it less.
    On the other hand, if there's something I dislike then I'm usually interested to know what others like about it - and sometimes it triggers my curiosity.
    I think you're right. Fans might see her as Nicolette playing-Joan-playing-Alexis. And that's never going to work.

9. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,570
    Haha. ;)

But I already stated a while ago that, as of Season 2, whenever I talk about Nathalie Kelley's Cristal, I refer to her as "Celia" so as to keep things from getting confusing. So whenever I talk about "Cristal", I'm strictly referring to "Cristal Jennings", not "Cristal Flores."

For me, there's only "Cristal Jennings" or "Celia." Its just easier that way.

That's true, but sometimes there seems to be more negative than there needs to be. Its nice to have threads dedicated to the positive side of things; it helps bring relief.

Agreed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1