Are there any daily/weekly chores you don't like doing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ome, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Ome
    Relaxed

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,855
    Original Member Since:
    Dec 2005
    I get the impression most people don't like grocery shopping. I really enjoy our trip to the supermarket, though, at the same time, I don't like to linger in there.

For me, the one thing that frustrates me is having to shave daily. I can not stand the feel of facial hair, I love that baby feel I get after I've shaved and so hating shaving causes me a bit of a problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mel O'Drama
    No Mood

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,265
    Original Member Since:
    28th September 2008
    Oh, I don't mind food shopping either. I enjoy it more since I've been doing it online. Going to the supermarket is more of a memorable event now.

It's ironing that makes me lose the will to live. I've never mastered using one at any kind of pace, so it just takes too flipping long, making the prospect quite unattractive. And it's so boring. Just when I've succeeded with one item, there's another to be done. I never feel any sense of accomplishment with it. Back in the Eighties, an aunt had an ironing board with a little seat attached. She used to sit there every Wednesday afternoon and get all her ironing done during Knots Landing. Not even that could sell me on the idea.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ome
    Relaxed

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,855
    Original Member Since:
    Dec 2005
    I do all our laundry, have done since we moved in together.

It feels like a great therapy for me, especially the ironing. I always plan with an album, whether it's a current favourite or an old classic. I love watching the pile go down and always feels like I've accomplished something. I love it, even more, when we're back from a vacation and there are nearly four suitcases of clothes to wash and iron. That's when I get to play two albums.

It works out well with Wifey who hates ironing but loves cooking which I hate. I also never load the dishwasher, I don't like the plates once they've been eaten on and I despise the smell of food once I have eaten, so she takes care of that. If there is an occasion where I have to do the dishwasher, I always end up rinsing everything before loading it up.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sarah
    Sad

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,208
    Dishes. I HATE doing dishes.

I love food shopping. From getting the trolley to choosing what I need, I love the whole experience. :spinning:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. J. R.'s Piece
    No Mood

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Original Member Since:
    Feb 2007
    Talking. I don’t like talking to my family. I get bored, my voice gets strained and then there is what MBTI terms as the N-S difference. Which causes problems in understanding each other on simple things from descriptions of items to map reading. So I rarely talk to them. I avoid the chore of talking to them wherever possible. If I have to, I keep speech to the minimum because talking to them weakens me. I book them on holidays to get rid of them, so I can spend time cavorting in secret rooms.

I didn’t enjoy shopping at all from childhood. It bored me and I wanted to run away. I nearly fell off a cliff once when shopping on the Welsh coast. Even now, I like to limit it to 55 minutes maximum. I particularly tried to avoid clothes shopping. I would get asked to pick something I liked and experience absolutely no emotions to aid me in decision-making. I liked vacuum cleaning but not all the time. I liked to do it in one block and then leave it alone. But a family member got one of those cordless ones that needs constant charging. This displeases me. I don’t mind washing and ironing because I put it all in machines. These days I enjoy picking food because I don’t know where to stop, which has always been my strength. I also get to skim things off the shopping budget without detection and I get to play in the toy section. I press every toy with testable sound effects. I like steam cleaning. I steam cleaned a spider once and that felt good. I don’t like DIY sorts of home things though, although I repaired two Christmas trees recently.

The dishwasher has a rinse mode, doesn’t it? I wear gloves to load mine. I don’t trust anyone else to load it. They always do it wrong and I have to pull it all out and reposition it.

. Have you sought assistance for temperament issues with your hirsute newborn child?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ome
    Relaxed

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,855
    Original Member Since:
    Dec 2005
    Yes, I think it's more to do with smell and look over anything else.

I try to block the whole thing out of my head

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. J. R.'s Piece
    No Mood

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Original Member Since:
    Feb 2007
    I tend to try to put items in it as soon as possible. Which goes against my natural tendency to leave it out and forget it exists, despite it being directly in front of me. But I used to also tend to feel sick easily after meals. This largely stopped after I took ginger and peppermint supplements but I still feel sick easily whenever I go into the Sainsburys cafe, especially if I’ve had three or more servings of cake after a meal. I solved that one by having them before the main meal and increasing my lunch hours allocation.

You mean depilatory razorless facial cream?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Willie Oleson
    Question

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,829
    Original Member Since:
    April 2002
    Sleeping. I'm like an animal and I want to sleep whenever I feel like it, not because I have to. I'm a terrific daytime sleeper.
    But all those nights, tossing and turning, thinking about that exciting soap episode I could be watching instead...*sigh*

• Like Like x 3
  9. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,024
    I detest grocery shopping. The whole exercise seems mute. We buy all this crap (excuse my French) only for it to become...well the word I used before "excuse my French". And what is it with old grandma's taking up the whole aisle with their scooter mobiles. I now take the bumped into them with intent approach and say, "So sorry. I thought I had enough room to squeeze between your Hummer and the Tim Tams." One lady was so rude to myself and another customer one day I went to the department where the condoms were kept and snuck past the old dear and dropped them into her wee little basket. Bet the check out person got a chuckle when old grandma pulled them out of her basket.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Kevmac
    Artistic

Kevmac Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,975
    Original Member Since:
    February 2005
    ironing... :confused:

.. it's Suicide :oops: