Are you scared to post because of the haters?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by tommie, Mar 1, 2019.

?

?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I just like to lurk either way

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,798
    Medals:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,734
    Medals:
    Why the anonymous votes?

Cowards!:huh:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,466
    Medals:
    I recall how unpleasant the TNT Dallas forum got at its height, so I certainly dread this forum becoming another version of that. It's a very short trip from "Oh, I think this show is just awful!" (opinion/commentary) to "You must be a moron to actually enjoy this brain-dead drivel!" (personal attack), but luckily I haven't seen anything like that in here yet. As long as members submit their criticism of the show without criticizing its viewers, it's all good to me. I know there has to be a lot of stuff others like that I don't, but I am not going to run them down because of a personal preference.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +129
    You and I have interacted on other forums and we can both attest to the fact that people will have differing opinions, but this forum seems much more calm than some others out there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,724
    Medals:
    I don't post on this section as often as I would have liked if the atmosphere was more pleasant towards the show. It absolutely takes away from the enjoyment of discussion when everything turns into jokes or rants about how bad the show is. I just want to enjoy the show, which I can't fully do if I come here after an episode. So why bother?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,584
    Medals:
    I voted no. However I don't really post much in here since I don't watch the new Dynasty. If they would have gone with the prequel idea I am sure I would have watched it and probably loved it. But since they went with the remake it's not the same thing. (Although I must admit I've watched one episode in full (the one where Alexis made her entrance) since I was curious about Nicholette Sheridan's performance. :))

Then again I think a reason why this forum is so calm compared to the original Dallas TNT forum is simply because of that reason. Since Dallas TNT was a continuation of our favorite tv series with the same characters and same cast reprising their roles the stakes were much higher. We were already emotionally invested when the show began and we all wanted it desperately to succeed so when it took a direction most original viewers were dissatisfied with but that the mostly new viewers seemed to enjoy there were tensions and yes on some parts there were nastiness and insults and attacks on a specific show runner, the new cast and also on the fans of the new show. It got so unpleasant that it divided the Dallas fandom in two and unfortunately some fans tuned out after that. :(

However with this forum and the new Dynasty, well I think most original fans doesn't give a damn since it's not the Dynasty that we love. It's just an alternative universe version that has very little to do with the original show and nobody expects it to be better than the original in quality.

But oh well good for those of you who are enjoying it for what it is!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,734
    Medals:
    If you really like what you see then the negative comments shouldn't affect you or your opinion.
    Season 1C got many positive reviews, and mostly by the so-called haters. By the way.
    It's not like forum members want to hate it (well, maybe one or two).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,802
    I agree. When TNT Dallas returned I had already invested 34 years of my life into this series and had hoped the continuation who correct the shambles Lorimar Dallas and the reunion movies had done. But TNT Dallas wasn't for me so I felt let down....again and have offered my critiques and genuine praise accordingly.

I've tried to stay with the reboot of Dynasty as long as I could muster in the vain hope it would find its groove and become something addictive. Again, not for me. I don't begrudge those who enjoy it. I mean I'm baffled what they see and I don't however soapchat - in general - tends to be a calm place to offer opinions without needing my reliable friend (alcohol) to dull personal attacks. It's why I only visit this site and not others, like facebook. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  9. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Nope. I'm not scared to post my opinions at all. This website definitely seems a lot calmer and more relaxed compared to other forums that I've visited in the past, and it's awesome. Sometimes the overall negativity and gloom and doom on some of the websites can get very tedious and aggravating after a while, even if it's warranted. And besides, this is supposed to be a free country, (last time I checked anyway). There's no good reason why we can't post here about what we like and what bugs us.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    Even the original Dynasty forum fans have always had to deal with diverse opinions, maybe unlike Dallas forum fans. The very seasons one fan hates are seasons another fan loves. Dynasty was not a consistent show in what it offered, and it offered story and depth of character in some seasons, opulence and fashion and lifestyle in some others, and different crowds were drawn to different elements. So I think the overall constituency is used to difference of opinions. While there have been the occasional ad hominem attacks, I find they are few and far between.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +252
    I think this board is pretty tame. It’s weird for me though, because in season one I loved the show and now in season two I feel very lukewarm about it, even though I want to love it. I do sometimes not post people I feel like I’d be hating lol. But after this Alexis thing I just feel like the problems are stacking up and it’s hard to stay invested. You never know what shoe is gonna drop next and not in a good way.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    I do sometimes feel scared to post an opinion... but I usually post it anyway, because I want to be heard. And there are only three things that can happen: people will either agree, disagree or ignore. Gotta roll with the punches.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,734
    Medals:
    Yes, absolutely.
    Let's not forget that most fans were hesitant to embrace the very idea of a Dynasty remake. To have those suspicions confirmed was the worst case scenario, meaning that "we" never had much to lose to begin with.
    Many posters here are annoyed, but not terribly upset like the Dallas fans.
    If they had used the style of this show for the continuation (including several actors from the original cast) I think the situation here would have been a little more tense.
    Why is it scary to post an unpopular opinion? What do think is going to happen?

14. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    Good question. Like, let's say someone doesn't like THE COLBYS...:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,734
    Medals:
    What happened? Did I scare you? Just because I disagreed with you?
    Those were discussions, not forum fights.

I've had many discussions about TNT Dallas (my opinion being the "unpopular" one), and I've never felt intimidated, ridiculed or attacked.
    We disagreed on the subject, that's all.

I don't understand where this vicim-y attitude comes from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Its not that I think my opinions will be "unpopular." Its just that sometimes, I can be overly sensitive and take things too hard. Believe it or not, there have been times on this forum where I've been made to feel stupid and/or worthless, regardless of whether that was anybody's intention, all because I happen to like a certain character or storyline or think "this should have happened", etc. Thankfully that hasn't happened a whole lot.

But what's actually the scary part is how I myself *may* react. Sometimes I have to keep a really close watch on myself, because I'm afraid I'll snap, overreact, and start a fight by saying something I'll end up regretting later.

17. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,734
    Medals:
    Oh well, everyone has a bad hair day every once in a while:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    You scare me much, and often. But no, it's not because you disagree with me. :D

It's mainly because every time a picture of the devil, like the one below, is posted, you go "oh, it is angelic Francesca Colby"

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,802
    Ked its why I've always kept a spare keyboard...just in case. Back in the day with dial-up my poor keyboard use to cop a hammering..until one day one of those squishy stress balls arrived on my desk. They're great for releasing those tensions.

Oddly enough I don't require it when I'm here on Soapchat...so that says a lot about this forum and the people using it. :)

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  20. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    The first 17 seconds of this video:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1