Arthur Hailey's Hotel

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by The holiday Whore, Nov 13, 2017.

1. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +666
    Personally, I am convinced that not only was Joan Collins right on the money that PSM should not have quit out of Dynasty, but that Esther Shapiro had the right idea about the same-- PSM, IMO, was Fallon, up one side and down the other, and I think that Dynasty hit the point of no return when she left out of it in 1984.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,908
    PSM really wanted to leave; Joan's little quips about it later don't mean too much. And while I agree wholeheartedly that only PSM could play Fallon, Martin certainly didn't want to do a hotelier spin-off when she didn't even want to continue onward with DYNASTY itself.

And if Esther felt that strongly against the recasts, she wouldn't have allowed it to happen four different time. Spelling wasn't the only overlord on this show.

At the end of the say, Esther and Aaron were just cynical business people. Once they'd put a project together and made it a hit early on, they no longer nurtured it and just turned it over to deputies with questionable talent.

Martin knew this and took off. Just like VP took off when she knew DALLAS was headed in the wrong direction.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. The holiday Whore

The holiday Whore Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    I have to see this! The apartment where that female teacher comes and stays over? That used to be Dominique's La Mirage suite? I love noticing stuff like this.

4. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,601
    Yes, that's the one!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,814
    My God, I hate the idea that a part of La Mirage has survived the blaze! It's indestructible!:r&r:

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    Hotel is bloody brilliant! I wont have a bad word said about it. It's just a constant parade of guest stars in ludicrous stories. Nolan Miller has appeared as himself. Timothy Patrick Murphy has been on saving his mom from being a crack-whore. Emma Samms doing the worst Irish accent I have ever heard. Jon Eric Hexum playing her prince charming. Mary Crosby as Mary Crosby apparently. Then there have been people like Vera Miles, Robert Stack, Jean Simmons.

One of the weirdest ones was when Ray from Dallas was trying to get his son, the kid from Salem's Lot to become a man by shagging the same prostitute that he was shagging. I mean it's icky in all kinds of ways. Seriously disturbing stuff. Imagine your father suggesting you lose your virginity to the hooker he regularly shags. I mean how did this get on TV? Then there was the one where that female detective from Knots Landing who investigated Ciji's murder brings her daughter to the St Gregory so she can have her first period in luxury or something. And the daughter is always talking about her mother's sex life and being really cringey inappropriate. She somehow wrangles it so that her mom and dad get back together and have sex. It's all kinds of wrong. For the record her father was Eric Forrester from TB&TB.

There is just a lot of Hooker stuff. Like that's all any of the writers could come up with to write a story set in a hotel. Did AHS Hotel even have a hooker story? I don't think so?

Oh Sweet Lord! I forgot about Tori Spelling! She played a repulsive girl in pigtails and chequered shorts thing who wanted a robot to be her brother. It's kind of prophetic as I seen how her brother grew up to be and his acting was certainly robotic.

Oh.... ohhh! I also forgot about Laura from Knots Landing being an adulteress with a mullet. It's just quality TV. Off I go to watch more!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,168
    This synopsis is all kinds of amazing and makes me want to watch the show right now!

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,605
    I have the feeling that some of these characters slipped Julie an extra $20 and just rented rooms by the hour. :eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    Oh... And the one where a mousey bespectacled girl checks into the St Gregory for a weekend of fun with her glamourous cousin. The cousin shows up obviously in a reduced priced Dolly Parton wig and more slap than an Avon lady's collar could withstand. Anyways the mousey girl goes missing and the one in the wig becomes a demented slut hell bent on seducing Peter McDermott. Mousey girl steals his jacket and goes to bed with it to pleasure herself. Loudly! Then later we find out mousey girl and slutty girl are one and the same when in the final climactic scene the Dolly Parton wig comes off and she tries to stab Peter with scissors! It's all a bit epic. It's all a bit Hitchcock only not, 'cos it's Hotel and it's produced by Aaron Spelling in 1983.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    You will love it. I just know it!

11. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    And the sexual tension I experience watching these two never have sex is UNREAL. I'm becoming fixated on Dave and his unfulfilled needs.
    upload_2017-11-21_12-48-20.png

12. bmasters9

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +666
    Charlene was, but before she left Dallas-- she was in the first-season episode of Nov. 2, 1983, "Relative Losses."

Patrick was in the third-season episode of Sep. 25, 1985, "Missing Pieces" (this, IINM, after he left Dallas).

Ken was in the third-season episode of Jan. 22, 1986, "Scapegoats."

Here are all three of those guest-star credits from Hotel, captured from my copy of that Hotel all-in-one.

charlenetiltonhotel.jpg patrickduffyhotel.jpg kenkerchevalhotel.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    Ken was also in a season 1 episode where he played a hotel delivery guy who takes a girl on a date then they go to her sisters wedding and fall in love.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bmasters9

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +666
    Checked and confirmed-- "Flashback," Nov. 9, 1983:

kenkerchevalhotel2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    I also want someone to check in and say the name of the hotel as the San Greg- Or- I. I don't know why... I just need it to happen. Someone decked out in Nolan's finest with a huge fur coat.

16. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,814
    Don't think they've ever done something that on Love Boat.
    Yes...it's just building up and building up !

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    Ok... So Cassie Yates walks into a hotel.....
    With her husband and they meet their good friends, also a married couple. The couples are visiting San Fran. Then at the bar Cassie and her hubby announce that he's firing blanks and they cant get pregnant so they are going to be artificially inseminated. Long story short... The two couples eventually decide it would be much better if Cassie Yates shagged her hubby's best friend instead of getting a strangers sperm. I swear this is real. It was primetime TV!
    They think this would be less awkward than just having it done at the clinic without any strange sex with your husbands friend. I just cant...

There is an awkward couples dinner after the deed is done and then it all ends wonderfully with them remaining friends. The biological father is just gonna be that great uncle.

I imagine in the years that proceeded this that the blank firing hubby shot himself after he learned his wife was shagging his best friend for 15 yeas and that his son looked exactly like his bestie. The wife of the inseminator had a nervous breakdown over the fact her husband favoured Cassie Yates child more than his children with her. She became an alcoholic.
    They all did. Even the inseminoid.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    The Tension Willie!!!! The Tension!!!!!

19. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,570
    They aired "Hotel" here in Germany on weekdays at 4 pm, right after the kids had finished their homework so they could join their mum watching it! :crazy:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 3
  20. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    Well I had a little break to watch The Crown and Stranger Things' second seasons. As well as a little binge of The Golden Girls. Having a lazy day today so I'm going back to finish the second half of season 2 of Hotel. I cant wait to see who'll be checking in.