Baby dies after father forgot her in car

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Ome, May 26, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,212
    A baby girl died in a devastating accident yesterday after apparently being left in a car by mistake for four hours on the hottest day of the year.

The seven-month-old girl, named locally as Chloe Fogarty, is believed to have been strapped into the back seat of her father's car when he forgot to drop her off at creche on his way to work.

She died of suspected heatstroke after her father Paul Fogarty reportedly forgot to take her to the nursery when he became distracted with a phone call and left her in the car as the temperature hit 25C.

Chloe was his first child with wife Louise.

Immediately after the GP saw the baby and heard what had happened, an emergency air ambulance was called and the little girl was airlifted to Limerick University Hospital emergency department where surgeons fought to save her life.

However, the baby was tragically declared dead at around 5pm yesterday.

Her parents were said to be ‘inconsolable’ last night.

The little girl, who was the couple’s only child, is alleged spent up to ‘four hours’ in the family car in yesterday’s sweltering heat.

Although temperatures started at around 16C in the morning, they soared to 20C by midday, in that area, and 21C by afternoon.

It is understood gardaí are investigating the possibility that the father had forgotten to drop the baby off at her crèche and that he didn’t realise she was still in the car when he arrived at work.

However, the specific details of how the tragedy took place remained unclear last night.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kevmac

Kevmac Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,355
    That's so sad to hear.... :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maryann

Maryann Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +588
    That is awful, how the hell do you forget your child in a car????? You may find forget a bag, phone or wallet but a human being, what was on his mind.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    More sad than I'm even able to put into words! It's has got to be one of the worst ways to leave this world! :cry:

And today, unfortunately there's yet another news story (this time from Parker County, Texas) about two children aged 2 years old and 16 months who died inside a hot car! :hair:

I would hope that parents (after hearing about situations like the above-mentioned) would pay extra attention to the welfare of their children ! :thinks: But unfortunately, it still happens several times every year that children die in one of the most tragic ways, i.e. while trapped inside a hot car.

I'll be praying for these children in Heaven. :rip: But I'll also pray for their parents, who somehow will have to find a way to move forward here on earth after such a tragedy has hit their family! :(:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,212
    You and me both, I really don't understand how this keeps happening, why don't people learn from other tragedies? It's absolutely heartbreaking to read.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,423
    Medals:
    Forgot?! Having dementia is the only good excuse for that!!! :mad::mad:
    Poor baby having such a rubbish parent! :(

7. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,663
    Medals:
    It's hard for some of us to understand, no matter how busy we are. But to a lot of people, parental responsibility is a reluctant or unnatural thing to them. They have kids because that's just what you do at a certain point in life, and you act like you love it when you don't.

So someone like that, and that's lot o' people, could forget about a child in the back seat as easily as they could forget about a piece of luggage.

In Atlanta, recently, there was a case which got national attention where some pudgy pig of a guy left his utterly adorable toddler in a hot car on purpose, his googling "how to kill a toddler in a hot car" casting even greater suspicion on him -- but not enough to get his ex-wife to blame him for anything except "excessive prosecution."

[​IMG]

When sexy people leave their toddlers in hot cars it always seems more excusable:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,212
    You're absolutely right, there are people who do things because they think it's the natural order of life.

It's very difficult to process this when you read about it on the news. So many people behave in an oblivious way regardless of what they are doing. It comes naturally to me to always check the back seat of my car when I lock it, though that is more about the security than checking if someone is still sat in there.

Back in the 90s I was working in a shop and I got a phone-call from an hysterical mother saying she thought she had left her baby at the supermarket. While she was on the phone I had someone checking the area where they pay and they found a pram tucked in a corner with a sleeping baby. Turned out she had recently left the hospital after giving birth and literally forgot she had a baby - almost like someone would forget an umbrella on a bus.

• Like Like x 2