1. The Bachelorette

http://zaazu.com

Applications Open

Have you got what it takes to win?

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Batman Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

Discussion in 'Comics Central' started by Seaviewer, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Well-Known Member 15 Years on Soap Chat 10 Years on Soap Chat 5 Years on Soap Chat

Ratings:
    +817
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Well-Known Member 15 Years on Soap Chat 10 Years on Soap Chat 5 Years on Soap Chat

Ratings:
    +817
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    Interview with Adam West.

Interview with the writers.

My 12-year-old self is so excited right now. :jump:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seaviewer

Ratings:
    +817
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    They said from the beginning that there might be two movies, and now comes the sequel.

There were plans for a Two-Face episode in the original series that never happened so it's nice to see that finally come about.

4. Mel O’Drama

Mel O’Drama Super Moderator Staff Member Respected DVD Reviewer 15 Nomination Wins 10 Nomination Wins 5 Nomination Wins 5 Years on Soap Chat

Ratings:
    +4,302
    Original Member Since:
    28th September 2008
    The former would be great. It's hard to imagine Adam West's Batman going up against any other Joker than Cesar's.

Mine too. :dance:

Those screencaps in the Newsarama link look gorgeous. They perfectly capture the tone and cast of the series, while bringing in a touch of class with a hint of Batman: TAS.

Great news. Bring it on, and from what I've seen I'm hoping they don't stop at two! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seaviewer

Ratings:
    +817
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    Here's another clip.

The animation is beautiful but why doesn't Robin say "Atomic batteries to power. Turbines to speed"?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Seaviewer

Ratings:
    +817
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
  7. Seaviewer

Ratings:
    +817
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    For some reason there was a delay in the Australian release but it's here now and well worth the wait.

Inevitably, I do have a few minor nitpicks which I won't list in case they're a bit spoilerish but for the most part the movie does an excellent job of staying faithful to the original show but also making use of the possibilities of animation and even tossing in a few sly in-jokes.

As already heard in the trailer, Adam West's voice betrays his age somewhat but sadly that's something that can't be helped. Of the guest voices, perhaps ironically since Frank Gorshin was a noted impressionist, the one most like the original is The Riddler. Either they found someone who sounds just like Gorshin or someone is doing a great impression of the impressionist.

I'll give it ***1/2

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Seaviewer

Ratings:
    +817
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mel O’Drama

Mel O’Drama Super Moderator Staff Member Respected DVD Reviewer 15 Nomination Wins 10 Nomination Wins 5 Nomination Wins 5 Years on Soap Chat

Ratings:
    +4,302
    Original Member Since:
    28th September 2008
    Shamefully I haven't got round to buying it yet. Still, at least now I can wait and see if there's a set of both films.

Excellent stuff. It's good to see they got someone who was active in the late Sixties to voice Two-Face.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Seaviewer

Ratings:
    +817
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    Here's a trailer.

I'm of two minds about Shatner. Yes, he's a contemporary of West and Ward but it's unlikely that he would have appeared at the time. There was a lot less crossover of actors in those days. Plus, I'm not sure I'll hear anything but Kirk in his voice now. Word is that Clint Eastwood was to have played the role if Batman had not been cancelled. I wonder if he was even approached this time around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1