1. Festive Names

Do you want to change your name to something festive ?

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Dallas Actors Best BBG Acting Peformance Over a Storyline, Not Just a Single Scene

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by ramled99, Apr 20, 2017.

1. ramled99

ramled99 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Perhaps my favorite actor of any Dallas cast member was Barbare Bel Geddes. She was just superb to me, a cut above the rest in acting skill. What are your favorite BBG acting performances over a whole storyline, not just a single scene acting performance? There is actually quite a bit to choose from. But my three favorites are:

1. Dealing with Jock's death over time (culminating in the kitchen destruction scene) (to me, her best storyline that displayed her true acting)

2. Her handling of JR's mess after he mortgaged Southfork (powerful and superb)

3. Mastectomy (great writing for her, and she executed perfectly)

I think her worst scene was when she played drunk in the later years that one time with Sue Ellen. She waaay overacted. I actually think she was intentionally comical as part of some inside joke. Her delivery was so weird to me.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +923
    Mastectomy was a superb performance and the storyline came up again when she and Clayton got together.

Trying to break Jock's will was good too & when she sought a divorce from Jock.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ramled99

ramled99 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Oh yes, trying to break Jock's will was excellent. I get emotional during that scene when she walks out of the courtroom, flanked by the women..in defeat. But I didn't like how they wrote her to just throw her hands up and dismiss the issue after the court hearing. She should have at least had a talk at back home with the boys or one good scene.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alexia

Alexia Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +566
    Those are my top three Barbara Bel Geddes storylines too!:)

5. Barbara Belle Of The Ball

Barbara Belle Of The Ball Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,953
    Medals:
    1 Mastectomy

still dont know how she did this, reliving an eposde from her own life and getting the strenght to do it
    brave and gutsy lady

2. Fight for ewing Oil in s5 and going to court to break Jocks will

3. Coming to terms with Jocks death and ending with Acceptance - s4

• Like Like x 2
  6. Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,308
    Medals:
    Regardless of the storyline, I always like her quiet, semi-silent moments the best -- those that reveal a sad, somewhat unhappy, brittle, haunted woman trying to tolerate her existence, an existence that provided a lot of privilege but also seemed to imprison her.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. MenaceTheDennis

MenaceTheDennis Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +58
    All of the above storylines were great for her. I also love her quieter reflective moments of exasperation and weariness too. Plus many scenes where she tells JR where to get off! Just watched a scene on YouTube when she tells JR to take charge of the situation with a drunk Sue Ellen when she was in the hospital after being on skid row (early in the dream season) . BBG had such command of that role. Loved it when she was deadly serious about something and when she would raise her voice with such authority.

• Like Like x 2