Bloodline to end after season 3

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Richard Channing, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,241
    Medals:
    http://www.indiewire.com/2016/09/bloodline-season-3-final-netflix-renewed-kyle-chandler-1201726637/

I'm currently nearing the end of season 2 and am really loving it. But I think 3 seasons sounds about right for this story, it always seemed like a premise that shouldn't be stretched out to long, so I'm not sad to hear next season will be the last one. It feels right.

In the old thread I had mentioned reading the RT reviews for season 2 which were nowhere near as good as for season 1, but I actually think season 2 is even better than 1. I'm totally gripped.

I love the characters too, especially Kevin and Meg. Kevin is so cute, he's like a little ewok, I just wanna cuddle him. I don't know if it's the actress maybe, but I just adore Meg.

Anyway, looking forward to reaching the end of season 2 and to season 3.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Zach

Zach Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +591
    I agree, 3 seasons sounds perfect and I am glad that they are not going to stretch it out. Thanks to Netflix for not cancelling shows but giving them a proper ending.

I think season 2 was almost as good as the first, I don't get the mixed reviews, either.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,085
    My mum has raved about this show and I watched the pilot, but can't remember much about it. I'm thinking about trying it out again, more so because it's just going to be three seasons.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,085
    I finished the first season and I found it to be quite testing at times. It took a long time for me to feel anything for the characters and I had no idea where it was going. It was like this long slow build up with no end in sight.

Then, around three quarters into the season it changed, I finally grasped what Danny was doing. It started to make more sense to me and I now appreciate that build-up because the final 3 episodes had me gripped throughout.

I'm starting season 2 with so much more excitement, especially after the shock twist of Danny's son arriving.

:laughs:

• Like Like x 3
  5. That Bowie Girl

That Bowie Girl Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Space Cadet
    Ratings:
    +4,115
    I haven't watched Season 2 yet but it's in my list..I loved Season 1 but I am glad to hear that it's ending after Season 3. That is best for this type of storyline...I don't want it to turn into Rectify which went way off the course to keep it on longer than it should have...that should have wrapped up in Season 2...but they went ahead with it and of course it was canceled.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,241
    Medals:
    Yes, it really got a momentum near the end. The last few episodes were amazing. Danny is such a great villain, he really got under my skin. But I enjoyed hating him, and at the same time they managed to make me feel sorry for him. Although, like I said in the other thread, I would rather have not known the flash forward we were shown at the beginning of the series. I think the last few episodes would have had more impact had we not known and I don't really see what purpose it served telling the audience that.

Season 2 is great, the pacing is much better and its a bit more high octane than season one. Its also only 10 episodes instead of 13. The season finale really left we wanting more though! I think we have to wait till May. :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,085
    Yes, he's such a psycho with his facial expressions and how he doesn't let you know what he's thinking, yet at the same time I find myself feeling for the guy having to live as the black-sheep of the family.
    I hate that style, it's just awful. It happened with REVENGE & DAMAGES and like you I don't get it's purpose.

It's already been stressing me out, with what Danny's son might know and then there's Lowry who has a tape from Danny. I'm loving that Danny is still haunting his brothers.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Zach

Zach Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +591
    I can totally relate to that because I had the same feelings. It really builds up quite slowly, but the pay off is worth it and justifies for the slow pace of the first episodes. I think you will get into season two much faster (although it also builds up slowly, but you already know the characters and their story, so it's not as bad as the first season.

I hate that, too. It's been done a thousand times and it almost never enhanced the plot. It was great on the first season of Damages but after that it just got repetitive and seems like a useless gimmick (btw, the creators of Bloodline also did Damages).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,085
    Yes, the pay-off is brilliant and I've pondered if I would watch it again to see how it builds up. I'm pretty sure i lost focus quite a few times in the first half of the season.

I watched it by myself, so the speed was pretty fast and I may suggest Wifey watches it and that way I get to see it with a different perspective.
    Oh, I'm already invested in this season
    No I didn't, but now I can see it.

10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,085
    What an ending that was?

I'm gutted I've finished it now, thankfully I don't have as long a wait, as you have had. lol

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have absolutely no idea where this is going to go. I had a sneaky (hopeful too) feeling that Kevin was going to hit him and then when it happened I was thinking, get out of there and take the bloody weapon with you.

It's hard to believe this is the same show that I was watching at the start on season one.

What a wonderful little gem it's turned out to be.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,241
    Medals:
    I have a feeling John is going to be blamed for it and wont have an alibi cause he was with O'Bannon when it all went down. It wouldnt surprise me if O'Bannon does a runner when he finds out what happened. He needs to be out of the picture somehow.

Register or to view Spoiler content!

It was a shocking moment. I'm still not quite sure why he did it, it seemed to almost come out of nowhere. I know he had a lot of pent up emotion, I was just surprised it manifested itself like that!

Be interesting to see how Meg copes with all this. I also have a sneaking suspicion she might be pregnant next season.

Totally. I ended up really loving it. Season 3 can't come soon enough.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,241
    Medals:
    Oh I also meant to mention how good John Leguizamo is in the role of Ozzy. What a great actor.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,085
    I was watching Adam Ant on YT this morning and I kept seeing Ozzy lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,085
    That woudl be an interesting twist, especially seeing how Kevin would deal with this.
    I think it's fine to discuss what has happened already and if someone comes into the thread that hasn't caught up, they can either work around it, or start a new thread. It's not like we don't have the space lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,241
    Medals:
    Oh yeah, I can totally see it. Funny video, I don't remember Adam Ant pulling dance moves like that or being quite so camp!

• Like Like x 1