Bobby after Pam

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Victoriafan3, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Pammy P

Pammy P Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +406
    Rove....I agree. Hated Bobby with gold digger April....tramp Tammy....big gob Tracey....bland Annie.....Kay was the only one I sort of liked. When VP left, that was it for me.....

• Like Like x 6
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,069
    Medals:
    I agree with you about Jenna. I'd rather have Bobby with Jenna on Dallas TNT with their son Lucas than Bobby with Ann. As much as I tried to like Bobby and Ann I never could root for them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,156
    I was never a fan of Jenna with Bobby. She always seemed to have the same plastic expression on her face.

I like the fact she married Ray & buggered off to Switzerland. Her character had virtually run it's course by then.

I prefered Bobby alone in the later years when he was obviously pining for Pam but Victoria Principal had more sense not to go back to the show at that point. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ferney

Ferney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +173
    I can sum him up with one word after Pam. Yuck! This was Katzman's fault, as he was enthralled and hypnotized by Sheree J. Wilson. The problem was not many others were.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,825
    I mean even Bobby with Phyllis could have worked after Pam? She was sweet and a nice person and genuine. They wrecked bobby once Pam left. His taste in women rapidly deteriorated :-( and the lack of pining and grieving was terrible :-( Pam certainly grieved after he 'died'

• Like Like x 5
  6. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,490
    Bobby and Phyllis actually sounds okay. Phyllis seemed a lot more normal and down to earth than most of the women in the Bobby Ewing Fan Club. I couldn't see her getting agonizingly weepy or whiny over a break-up or problem with Bobby. Too many women who liked Bobby acted like he was the ONLY guy in the world who was decent, or that it was the end of the world if he didn't want them or broke up with them. That was seriously irritating.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,262
    Thinking a little more on this thread. Perhaps having Holly return after Pam's death could have been an interesting idea however I would have taken the story down a different path. Months after Pam's disappearance, Bobby finally succumbs to the realization that Pam will never return. He wanders into the Oil Baron's Club for lunch and bumps into Holly Harwood. They strike up a conversation which lasts well into the night - however they go their separate ways. A few weeks pass and Bobby contacts Holly to get her thoughts on a business deal. They meet for lunch which again goes late into the evening however once again they go to their separate homes.

There is no mistaking Holly's fondness for Bobby but she dares not push anything. Bobby meanwhile begins to enjoy her company and her knowledge about the oil industry - a common interest - so to speak. Over time (this has to be organic) Bobby develops feelings for Holly until he falls in love with her and asks her to marry him. Though she says yes she is reluctant to move to Southfork until she is Mrs. Ewing. They race off to Vegas and marry.

While this romance had been developing no one in the Ewing family is suspicious since Bobby keeps his blossoming relationship with Holly a secret, a secret she also shares. The last thing Holly needs is unwarranted attention from JR.

Bobby phones ahead to Southfork and informs Miss Ellie he wants her to arrange the family to gather. As the family wait patiently JR is doing his usual pre-dinner wisecracks, aimed at Clayton or that half Ewing Ray.

In walks Bobby with Holly. JR just about chokes on his bourbon and branch. Sue Ellen begins walking towards the bar. When Miss Ellie pushes Bobby on why he wanted the family there he introduces Holly to the family as his bride. JR's grasp on his glass is so tight it shatters. Sue Ellen begins pouring.

Later in the evening Holly awakens and wanders down to the living room where she interrupts a slightly drunk JR. He informs Holly he'll destroy the relationship. She retaliates by informing JR there was no mistake about her return to Dallas. It was her intent to get Bobby to fall in love with her just so she could get inside the family.

Holly stands her ground. "I didn't marry Bobby because I love him JR. I married him because I knew how much it would anger you. But I'm no fool, I know how you operate. I'm here for only thing one, to get you out of Ewing Oil!"
    [​IMG]

Freeze Frame.
    Cue end credits.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,582
    Medals:
    I can think of nothing more wrong or worse than Bobby being involved with that horrible woman. Yuck. I loved April and Bobby together but do understand how it made fans of Pam feel as that's how I feel about Sue Ellen and when Cally arrived - oh vom...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    Bobby with any woman that JR had had "sexual relations" with is simply a "no go"! :bang:

And Holly is no exception! :a2:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,582
    Medals:
    Holly was a hateful bitch who tried to destroy lives. I don't get that anyone would want her near the Ewing family, least of all a man like Bobby!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +222
    I didnt like that the show changed April and Bobby's character DNA's in order to pair them. Original April wouldnt have fallen for Bobby...maybe hit on him or even want a no strings areangement..but not to settle down.....and like others said before Bobby had the edict that he wouldnt go for any woman that had slept with JR ( a good edict..imho). Perfect example of a plot driven couple.

I did like Kay..and the fact that she didnt change herself nor put her career on hold for him long term made her a good match for him ironically.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tullamore

Tullamore Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Margaret Michaels staying on as Pam or her lookalike to attempt to recapture the dynamic very JR

13. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,490
    What is cool about this is that for once, a woman wouldn't want to marry Bobby because of his evil powers over women that make them believe he is the ONLY decent man in the world. That was seriously getting old!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,490
    As long as a woman has moved on from doing anything with JR and actually loves Bobby, how is it wrong for Bobby to be with them? Sure, Bobby was a hypocrite for marrying April after pretending to be a saint with that rule, but I don't understand how being with someone your sibling had a sexual relationship with is bad.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    You often seem to refer to Bobby as a saint, which really puzzles me. :confuse:

I've always liked the values and ethics that Bobby chose to live by, at least when had reached adulthood. However, I've never considered his character as being some kind of saint, who could do no wrong! :)

In fact, I see Bobby's "life strategies" or whatever you want to call them as being quite normal! People who live in the real world (as opposed to in a soap opera context) don't date or marry the ex-partners of their close family members. It's just a "no go" in the civilized world. It's not a "rule" that's said out loud (like Bobby did on Dallas). Instead, it's one of those "silent" cultural things that we just grow up and learn to live by. Check out the study of anthropology, and you'll know what I'm talking about! ;)

Therefore, I see the Bobby that we got to know in season 1-10 as a somewhat "normal" guy when it comes his values and ethics. And when the writers "changed" not only him but also April to be able to match them up, it was just very unbelievable, IMO! Let's not forget that April had not only bedded JR, but also been married to Bobby and JR's cousin, which only adds to the mess! If Bobby had lived in a civilized world, he would not even had looked at April (if you know what I mean)! :mo:

I hope that I've made my point ... i.e. that Bobby was normal (and NOT a saint)! :)

16. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,262
    I shall counter that argument by suggesting this is a recent phenomenon in society. In my spare time I research my family history and have come across several instances where in-laws have married. There was nothing ever "no go" about it. It had more to do with survival I imagine. One gentleman and his wife had several children only for his wife to die during childbirth. In steps his sister-in-law to take care of the children while the grieved widower continued working the farm. About a year later they married and went on to have children themselves. And this is not the only isolated case I've come across.

I will argue that today's civilized world is the one which puts the "icky" factor on this type of relationship.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,262
    And let's not forget Bobby did go on and marry his half-brother's former girlfriend. I'm talking about Ray and Pam. Ok, to be fair Bobby didn't know at the time Ray was his half-brother but once that realization was discovered he should have kicked Pam off Southfork.

Now, can we get back to discussing why Ray and Lucy never sought therapy after they discovered the uncle had been having his wicked way with his niece :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    It sounds like you've been doing some genealogy studying regarding your own family, which is not quite the same as anthropology. However, I do agree that when we go back approx. 125-150 years ago or more, sister-in-laws or cousins often took the place of a deseased relative. Something that would be looked at oddly today! :eck:

I have a full family tree on my father's side of the family, which goes back 15 or 16 generations. And when I look at the family "dynamics" in the second half of the 1800's or earlier, there were some "new" family constellations that would not be socially accepted in today's day and age. ;)

Another interesting issue that I found (which is quite funny) is how many of my family members (including my own grandparents and great grandparents) had their first child approx. six months after their wedding day! :D I guess that pregnancies back then didn't last nine months! :p Premarital relations then and now haven't really changed all that much ... :giggle:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  19. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,039
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    If TNT Dallas had continued, the $idre woman would have made a couple of those two. After all, that´s what it looked like when they showed up at the parties...

upload_2017-3-24_20-57-2.jpeg

- Ray, maybe we could relive old times...
    - Lucy, they have Emma for that...but not with me.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,039
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    :bravo: :clap: :loveit:

• Like Like x 1