Dallas Character Bobby's Push to Post Sue Ellen's Bail

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by ramled99, Oct 14, 2016.

1. ramled99

ramled99 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14
    If you were a member of the family sitting the breakfast table, would you have supported Bobby's push to post bail for Sue Ellen after she was charged with shooting JR? Why or why not?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +464
    I would've supported Bobby and I was surprised that more family members didn't, especially Jock - who I always had the impression liked to deal with problems 'in-house'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Billy Wall

Billy Wall Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +203
    Come on. She was accused of trying to murder one of their family members. Why would Jock bail out the woman who’s been accused of trying to kill his son?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,405
    it was amazing to me how Bobby was often the only one who would both try to talk and listen to Sue Ellen privately and stick up for her with the family in the early years, and whenever she was back in a good period with JR, she'd treat Bobby like garbage.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +191
    The first time JR was shot, yes, considering all she had been through. She was a sick woman, inho, and needed medical/psychological help. Also, there was still the possibility she hadn't done it.

The second time when she actually did shoot JR and admitted it, I would have told her to neverv show her face on Southfork ever again. When Miss Ellie told Sue Ellen she was "disappointed" with her, I was shocked. You're disappointed when your favorite show is canceled, not when someone shoots a family member I wanted to see Miss Ellie unleashed. Where was that Mama Grizzley Bear I expected? Yes, SE was her daughter-in-law, but JR is her son. The first time she had severe alcoholism and JR threatened to lock her up in a sanitarium for life, and as I said, the question of her guilt still seemed up in the air. The second time she broke into JR's suite with a man who attacked him. Big difference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Billy Wall

Billy Wall Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +203
    Because by that time, Dallas had totally lost its way. The first time JR was shot, it was a HUGE deal. The second time, it was just a minor inconvenience. There was hardly any family there.

But let’s be honest. JR should have been dead. She shot him THREE times at point, blank range. I believe JR was up and about two episodes later. At least there was some recovery time the first time he got shot. Lol

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +191
    You are so right about that. By that point, the show was running on empty, unfortunately. Nothing lasts forever :shifty: