Brilliant movies...with terrible sequels...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sarah, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,965
    Good point.
    I seriously wonder how many people remember Grease II, or the hit "Cool Rider" for that matter. But "cult" doesn't always distinguish between good and bad, or popular and niche.

2. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    Hihi :rlol:, i never seen the second movie in the cinema because i was to young, but i did see Grease back in 1998 when Grease was back in the cinema for a while for their 20 years anniversary.

Yes i know, i've seen Grease many times on tv and dvd now, i think it show at least 2 time each year, but Grease 2 only shows once in a while.[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,470
    The Alien sequels are all to an extent remakes of the original film (perhaps that's true of a lot of sequels) but Aliens puts the idea into a different genre and so gets away with it. The others seem to exist only to first create a trilogy and then try to correct that mistake. I read an article once wondering if the Alien films needed Ripley to continue. My question was: did Ripley need the aliens? I would have liked to have seen them take the character and put her into different situations. After all, Indiana Jones only raided the lost ark once. I would love to have seen Ripley on the Planet of the Apes for instance.

Which brings me to the Planet of the Apes movies. A steady decline in quality but the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

I've always felt that Superman III is underrated. There are some slow spots but some great moments as well. Superman IV is not bad in isolation but as part of the series comes across as a cut-price remake of Superman II.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,965

:fp: