1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brilliant season 9 scene

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Grangehill1, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Grangehill1

Grangehill1 Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +77
    There’s a brilliant scene which Id completely forgotten about. Zorelli arrives at the Carrington house and gets into a huge arguement with Blake. Half the cast are involved.

Such a good scene. All the cast are incredibly natural. Probably one of the best scenes of the entire series

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Star EXP: 6 Years

Threads:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +8,155
    Speaking of brilliant season 9 scenes, I was just watching this about 5 mins ago, so maybe I'll include it in your thread. Although it has nothing to do with the scene you've mentioned. I think this may be Krystle and Alexis final scene? And it's great to see Krystle being such a badass. And jamming that book up against Alexis neck was priceless!

Anyway, sorry to go off topic on you there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Grangehill1

Grangehill1 Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I remember watching the scene you’ve posted first time round in 1989 and thought THAT was one of the best scenes of the entire series. It’s awesome.

BUT.. there’s something about the one I’ve mentioned. The acting just blew me away. I wonder if the cast realised what improvements had been made

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Star EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +4,062
    I take umbrage. :D Who is more badass than Alexis, who tells the woman whose miscarriage she caused that she would take care of her child?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,247
    I'd say that makes her more foolish than badass, because it nearly resulted in Krystle KILLING Alexis. And it wasn't going to be a crime of passion; Krystle was willing to commit premeditated murder. ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +481
    At least Krystle gave Alexis something back !!!

7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    Linda's acting is strangely better here. Must be the writing.
    I did notice that the vase Krystle smashes vanishes. It should be on the floor in pieces just in front of the fireplace. However when Krystle steps forward and approaches Alexis there is nothing on the floor.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,568
    Alexis' elves work very fast, they also gave Krystle's shoes a quick polish.
    Because Alexis knows the true meaning of hospitality, unlike that brassy Krystle who always made Alexis feel very unwelcome (in her house!)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +481
    I´m just watching episode 3 and 4 .... Blake and Krystle in Dayton looking for her her tiny house is maybe the most natural / down-to-earth scene of the whole show. The whole season is much more nature bounded (lake scenes, Alexis and Dex in a ballon etc.)

+ Except Leslie they still refer to the people that left (Dana is still mentioned in ep 3, the Attkinsons are still a problem for Adam and Steven´s name will be heared until mid-season) - that´s something I really like. A point where most shows suffer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luke Fuller

Luke Fuller Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I agree with most of that. What about references about missing characters from the past (especially season 8), I would like to correct you.

Steven was mentioned even in episode 21, in a dialogue between Sammy Jo and Tanner in a church. (Josh Harris was mentioned as well here.)
    The Atkinsons are mentioned for the last time in episode 4, in a dialogue between Adam and Morgan Hess. We got known that they lived in Colorado Springs.
    What about my darling Dana, she was mentioned for the last time also in episode 4, when Adam was tearing out her clothed.

Surprisingly, the show had still problem with exit of some characters even in season 9 (beside Leslie and Amanda, of course). Joana Sills disappeared - after being in 11 episodes - during episode 16 without explanation and without on-screen or off-screen exit. Just before negotiation about a contract with Colbyco. (Then, Adam was quickly "attracted" to Phoenix Chisolm in the following episode.) When secretary Clair left the show in episode 6, her exit was not shown in "last time on Dynasty" sequence in episode 7.

On the contrary, I must give a complimnet for references about Dominique at the end of the season (it started in episode 18), after 37 episodes of silence. In season 8, we can see Dominique only for only a second or two seconds in a mass scene from the wedding of Adam and Dana in "last season on Dynasty" sequence.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1