British Soap Awards 2018

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Walford Boy, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Englishboy

Englishboy Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +382
    It would be interesting to know which awards were voted for by the public and those that were decided by an industry panel.

I'm guessing that Corrie probably won most of those awards decided by the public vote.

Also, I'm a little surprised that Richard Hillman didn't win in the category for best soap moment in the last 20 years.

2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,987
    I thought it was going to me Eastenders, but after seeing Emmerdale win (which was a fantastic stunt) I came to the conclusion that most voters were probably too young to remember the earlier classic scenes. Either that or people have a very short memory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,024
    November 2016 actually. Then she showed up for Nathan Nightingale’s funeral in 2017, after Nathan tumbled to his death after discovering his fiancées’ affair with his father. Linda Gray has only been in about 5 episodes.

Hollyoaks got a few wins though, which was nice. Love Ian Midlane as Al on Doctors too. Remember him as a Slitheen in The Sarah Jane Adventures.

And then it cut to Danny Miller!

Danny John-Jules gave out an award. I keep encountering him. And I’ve met Wendy Craig.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,987
    So that's where I recognise him. I thought when they showed the clip that I had seen that episode, yet I don't even know what channel or time its on. It never occurred to me that he was from another show.

5. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,024
    He was a Slitheen teacher in the two-part episode that began series one and introduced Clyde.
    16D77786-FBB4-41C3-AFC4-FF837215CADC.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  6. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +414
    Without being biased towards the soap i watch the most EastEnders, if we are looking at the soaps for the year and not a couple of weeks then Emmerdale should have won the best soap for being constantly good.