1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Coronation Street Bruno Langley is no longer with Coronation Street

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,254
    Coronation Street has parted ways with Bruno Langley, it has been confirmed.

A representative for the soap said that the actor, who has played character Todd Grimshaw on-and-off since 2001, is "no longer contracted to the show".

Bruno Langley has been axed from Coronation Street as police interview him over claims he acted inappropriately towards a woman in a Manchester bar.

The 34-year-old, who plays Todd Grimshaw in the ITV soap, was 'devastated' following the allegations but does not know what the woman is accusing him of beyond 'inappropriate conduct'.

The claims were made by a woman in her 30s who was at a Manchester nightclub called Band on the Wall.

[​IMG]
    Langley said tonight: 'Sadly, I will no longer be working on Coronation Street. Acting on the show has been the fulfilment of a personal dream.

'Playing the role of Todd Grimshaw since I was 17 years old has been a huge part of my life, and an absolute honour.

'I would like to thank all of my friends who work on the show for their love, friendship and support during this extremely difficult period.

'I will make a further statement in due course, and when I am able to do so.'

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,254
    I'm unsure on what he's done, but from what I've read he has denied the allegations, so what happened to the 'innocent before proven guilty' part of Human Rights?

3. Cookiescholes

Cookiescholes Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Maybe the person accusing him of something also works on the show leaving them no choice but to terminate his employment? companies are going to be extra sensitive to stuff like this cos of the currnet Harvey Weinstein scandal.

4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,254

What happened to suspend someone until the investigation and the justice system is complete?

They didn't terminate Ken Roach or Michael Le Vell did they?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +429
    This will cause the show a huge headache. I will miss the character of Todd and the show will miss the actor. I am not commenting on the allegations as we do not know what has occurred

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,619
    I have no idea what he is said to have done other than whats been reported but i also agree with innocent until proven guilty and 3 members of Corrie have already been dragged through the Courts and were found to be innocent but their name in tatters because of a witch hunt or false accusations
    I think its very unfair - meanwhile "the Accuser" goes Scot free

I will miss Todd, I have enjoyed his return to the show and think that the show will miss him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +98
    We don't know what happened so I can't really comment on the whys but as far as the character goes it's a real shame. I really like him and the current storyline so it's unfortunate that it will have to end abruptly.

8. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,834
  9. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,834
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41805130

Coronation Street star Bruno Langley has been charged with two counts of sexual assault.

Police were called to reports that a woman in her 30s had been sexually assaulted at a music venue in Manchester on 1 October.

Mr Langley, 34, of Altrincham, who played Todd Grimshaw, is due to appear at Manchester Magistrates' Court on 28 November.

The actor left the soap following an internal inquiry, ITV said.

A Greater Manchester Police spokesperson said the force "received a report that a woman in her 30s had been sexually assaulted at a music venue on Swan Street in the Northern Quarter".

In a statement on Sunday, Mr Langley confirmed he had left Coronation Street but denied any claims of wrongdoing.

He said: "Sadly, I will no longer be working on Coronation Street. Acting on the show has been the fulfilment of a personal dream.

"I will make a further statement in due course, and when I am able to do so."

The actor played Todd Grimshaw, the first openly gay character in the soap's 57-year history, after first joining the programme in 2001.

He also appeared on two episodes of Doctor Who in 2005.

It is understood that Mr Langley's contract with the show ended on 26 October following an inquiry.

10. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Oh that’s sad. I loved the story between Todd, Sarah and nick back in 2003. One of my fav street stories. Really good. Todd was so sweet then. And Gail and Eileen’s hilarious brawl and ‘village prople’ Comment. So funny

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cookiescholes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I wonder if the woman involved is Kate Oates, as it is odd that he's been axed when other actors were suspended when accused of sexual assault.

12. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,254
    Former Coronation Street actor Bruno Langley has admitted to sexually assaulting two women at a Manchester music venue.

A court heard how the 34-year-old grabbed a woman by the crotch and touched another victim on her "boobs and bum" as he pleaded guilty at Manchester Magistrates' Court to the charges.

The actor claimed he was drunk following the incidents at the Band in Wall music venue on 1 October.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,619
    Daft lad if he was drunk, and its cost him a very lucrative career for ?? a moment of madness

Im sorry he is leaving, I like him, he can act and is one of the better "youngsters" in Corrie who has been around a long time and has a back history.
    I wonder how they will write him out of the show.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +429
    The sad thing is Bruno is a real talent and nobody is going to touch him with a barge pole. I hope CS will not lose the character of Todd, he is too important to the Street, i hope Granada have the courage to re cast the role next year.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,254
    He has to sign the Sex Offenders Register and I'm not sure what to make of that.

I mean, I don't condone what he has done, while at the same time I find it strange to link him in the same category as paedophiles.

It's also difficult to form an opinion when you don't have the full picture.

Did he grab these two women in a cocky "I'm an actor I can have and do what I want, I'm Trump and I can grab a woman the ..."

Or was it part of a flirty dance where he got carried away, went too far and misinterpreted the situation?

16. Cookiescholes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Dirty bastard.

You do not make a grab for anyone's kitty whatever the circumstances. There is no excusing it. He probably was pissed, but that's not a license to behave however you want at distress to others.

• Agree Agree x 1