Cast all the other characters

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Ked, May 17, 2018.

1. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    Just for fun, let's see who we'd all cast if *all* the characters from the old show made an appearance on the new one.

On another thread, I cast Neve Campbell as Lady Ashley.
    [​IMG]

For the part of Daniel Reece, I'd cast George Clooney. (And yes, I'm well aware the CW could never afford him.)

[​IMG]

Mark Consuelos (Hiram Lodge from "Riverdale") as Mark Jennings

[​IMG]

Joana Garcia as Tracy Kendall
    [​IMG]

That's all I can think of for now.

2. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    Matthew Glave as Neil McVane
    [​IMG]

3. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    (I seem to be the only one doing this, but alright.)

Jon Hamm as Dr. Nick Toscanni

[​IMG]

Adam Rodriquez as Dex Dexter (although I read he has a contract role on "Criminal Minds")

upload_2018-5-22_2-17-39.png

4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,878
    Roseanne Barr as Grandma Morell

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +551
    I would like to incorporate some of the original actors in there somehow.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    Like who and for what roles?

• Like Like x 1
  7. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +551
    I'd have to give it some thought because I cannot think of anything specific right this moment. I'll get back to this later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +551
    I thinking about it again, I am not too sure bringing in familiar faces from the original would be a good idea. The names of the characters being the same (or similar) this go-around is plenty, so we don't need to bring in the old and mix with the new. The two shows are too different for that I think. With TNT's revival of Dallas, that could be done because it was a continuation of the original. CW's Dynasty is a reboot, starting all the way over, so there is no need for the original actors, regardless if they are playing different characters or not. Of course, it would be great for the fans, but the new generation that might catch on, it will not matter either way.

9. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    As the new CEO, Fallon could have a scene where she conducts a bit of house-cleaning, giving pink slips to a conference room full of Blake's "old guard," longtime employees who disagree with her new focus on "renewable energy". The camera will focus on Fallon as she gives the usual speech about how they're taking C-A in a new direction, and how despite her respect for their contributions over the years, their services were no longer needed as she starts a new chapter in C-A's history. The next shot shows the group exiting the room, with looks of shock and confusion on their faces. We see Linda Evans, Gordon Thomson, Catherine Oxenberg, Leann Hunley, Pamela Sue Martin AND Emma Samms, John James, and Jack Coleman all walk out, with Joan Collins the last to depart, shouting "You bitch!" as she slams the door behind her.

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    That would a perfect final scene for the reboot ! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    The website tvline actually posted a topic similar to this, taking some of the stars of recently-cancelled shows and suggesting new parts for them on other programs. They even suggested some girl from Once Upon a Time (a show I didn't watch) to play our Kirby Anders. So maybe they have a better approach: cast the rest of the show with the recently unemployed from other shows!

He's too old, but can you imagine Lucifer's Tom Ellis playing RealAdam? :eek:

12. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,878
    Best gimmick ever! Even better than Sammy Jo reading the magazine with the DALLAS coverage.

Of course, the fanboy in me has to protest a little bit, because I feel that our precious, beloved, superior, original Dynasty is being trashed and humiliated.
    So I must say: No! No! No! How dare you!:mo:
    (but it would be awesome to watch!)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    Interesting. Do you remember which actress they suggested for Kirby?

Nu/Real Adam will be blond. They made all the blond characters from the original show into brunets for the new show, same with making the brunet characters into blonds. The only exceptions were Jeff and Michael, who remained brunet, and Anders, who remained gray in both versions. Oh yes, and there's Monica, but she went from redhead to brunette.

14. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    They could always cast Lucy Hale as nuKirby now that Life Sentence is cancelled, so she's defintively within the CW budget plus might bring some Pretty Little Liars viewers (though that didn't help Life Sentence, but...)

15. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +116
    This is going to be a long shot, but I was watching an episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent last night and I think for some reason that Rip Torn would be absolutely perfect as Liam's super rich uncle. It would be interesting if he was the one that had a significant influence on Liam somehow and maybe he could be the arrogant, aloof and ruthless type who is focused on keeping up appearances with the family. I don't know... something tells me the Van Kirks are going to be the rich snobs that are going to look down on the Carringtons.

17. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    Considering that Fallon was familiar with the family suggests that they're a prominent and/or elite family. But also considering that neither Fallon or Alexis (or any of the other Carringtons for that matter) realized Liam was a member of that family, the Van Kirks aren't exactly public figures either. They sound like the type of people who want the "lesser's" to know *of* them, but prefer to keep out of the spotlight.

18. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Are we ever going to see any members of Liam's family appear on this show? If Liam is going to be a permanent part of this show, I would think it would help to flesh out his character to some degree if we get to see him interact with some members of his family and we would find out why he was even estranged from them in the first place, instead of simply getting some stupid flimsy flashbacks.