1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Caucasian Brits who like Trump...

Discussion in 'UK Politics' started by Snarky's Ghost, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,743
  2. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,511
    Because they are right wing zealots fuelled by hate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,511
    Incidentally, the man behind the Trump baby balloon protest was white as were most of the quarter million people who marched in London to protest against Trump's visit.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,743
    My neighbors are a perfectly lovely, older British couple -- one who maintain a London flat they visit twice a year, every three months, back and forth. And they've done this for decades, more than half a century.

They think Trump is great. The husband wants to sell the flat his wife inherited from her mum years ago, and just stay in America all year long now, except that his eye treatments are so much less expensive in England that it's way cheaper to fly over four times a year than be gouged by the medical industry in the States. She likes going back a little more than he does, I think, but she happily spends tons of time here.

I just don't get it.

He says London crime has become horrendous --- I thought he was going to blame Muslims, but, no, he said it's black on black, and black on white stabby crime. There are plenty of black folks around here, but that doesn't seem to bother my neighbors.

As expected, he likes Thatcher Junior and approves of Brexit.

5. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,511
    Don't judge most white Londoners by the views of your neighbours. There is widespread racism here and attacks against black, Asian and minority ethnic people are soaring but most white people are decent individuals who oppose bigotry and the majority are not Trump supporters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,743
    I tended to assume most UK citizens weren't Trump supporters. I just don't understand those who are -- especially when they're not overt monsters.

7. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +561
    Their love for Trump is all the more strange considering he wants to make the US healthcare system even shittier than it already is.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,590
    Crime in London has indeed risen, due to a combination of Tory cuts and a ineffective mayor who is more concerned with the orange man than issues in his own city, the Tory mayor candidate for 2020 is Shaun Bailey a black guy who so far seems decent enough and has admitted that cuts haven’t worked yet Labour are running a smear campaign against him, it’s not a good look for Labour or any political party for that matter

9. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,511
    The UK Tory government has cut the Met Police budget by £0.6 BILLION since 2010 when they first took office. Cressida Dick, the Met Police commissioner said she is “sure” cuts to her force’s budget have contributed to a rise in violent crime. The only people who think Tory cuts to police budgets are not connected with the rise in crime are the Tories themselves.

To say the Mayor of London is more concerned about Trump is laughable, he barely mentions the guy.

As for Shaun Bailey, he was David Cameron's political advisor at the time when he first implemented the cuts to police budgets so he was very much part of creating the problem. Shaun Bailey is on the record as saying that allowing Hindu and Muslim families time off to celebrate their religious festivals would turn the country into a “crime-ridden cesspool”. So is his solution to solving the crime problem is to ban people from taking time off for Diwali and Ramadan?

This is not a smear, just a recognition that the man is totally ludicrous and completely out of touch regarding how to deal with any of the problems London faces.

10. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,590
    Well who else can lead London? Because I don’t trust Khan, we haven’t had a decent mayor since Livingstone, I’d hoped he’d return and run at least as s independent but I don’t think he will, the met got a 110m pound boost in February let’s hope we see that get out to good use.

In the mayor election in 2020 let’s hope people vote for what’s best for London rather than political correctness

11. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,511
    The £110 million that the Mayor of London investing in the police came from his budget, not the Tory government, so it is paid for by London council tax payers. However, it will only go a small way to offset the savage cuts that the Tories imposed on the Met Police budget. Sadiq Khan had to increase council tax by 4.6% to fund this increase in the police budget but the Tories opposed it so I guess Tory Shaun Bailey believes police budgets should be cut further.

I agree that Ken Livingstone was an excellent Mayor who made real improvements to life in London but his time has now gone.