1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cc Tnt Continued

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by stevew, Jul 7, 2019.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 8 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    John Ross stops working in the barn and meets a man in a suite. Bobby watches. “Adam. Glad you could make it. You know my Uncle Bobby?”

“Mr. Ewing.”

“Adam.”

“So we’ve got a deal to buy the Leland family's share of Texas Standard Bank?”

“Your friend Harris Ryland hasn’t left us much choice.”

“Of course you have a choice. Turn down the deal and we’ll go else where. No one’s forcing you.”

“I’ve talked to Dave Grimison.”

“I guy you’ve got running your bank.”

“He says we can survive you pulling your business, all your businesses. He suggested we sell and diversify. He apparently looks forward to expanding the bank under the Ewing umbrella.”

“We’re going to take Texas Standard private and merge it with a Pittsburgh bank we acquired.”

“I heard. Your cousin Margret arranged the purchase.”

“She’s our lobbyist in D.C.”

“I just wanted to look you in the face before I sold out what my family’s worked at for generations. Sort of like you being forced to sell Southfork.”

“I don’t think anyone owes me business to sell our cattle.”

“I guess I should thank you. If I was dealing with your father I’d be bankrupt.”

“I don’t need thanking.”

“My wife works for Ewing Alternative, Cindy. And my son’s interning with Texas Standard, so I guess we’re a Ewing family.”

“I guess so.”

Adam leaves.

Bobby says, “Did your father leave you instructions to take over the Leland’s Bank?”

“Yes.”

“How much more does he have you doing?”

“Enough to keep me busy. He thinks we should separate Southfork. Ewing Global owns four other ranches.”

“All of which he suggested.”

“Yes.”

“I tell you what. I’ll agree to sell the cattle company to Ewing Global, if we give the land to the foundation.”

“Sounds like a perfectly good deal. We’ll make you Ranch general manager.”

“I can’t believe I’m still letting JR run things around here.”

“You can’t. Every time I turn around I get another letter from him of some task to perform.”

“You think they’re from Bum?”

“I don’t know. Who else?”

2. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    Ellie walks into the kitchen to find Pamela and Anne cooking and Sue Ellen more or less watching. “What is it about this family and the women cooking.”

“We enjoy it,” Anne says.

“Well at least you just sit and watch, Sue Ellen.”

“I help here and there.”

Pamela says, “Sue Ellen’s been at work all day.”

“At work?”

“The Ewing Foundation.”

“You should join me Ellie. I mean it would give you something to do.”

“I have plenty to do. Just because I don’t weigh myself down with a job or kids, doesn’t mean I don’t keep busy. I’ll be in Morocco tomorrow for a birthday of a friend and the in D.C. for another friend’s fundraiser and then in California for another’s way off broadway show opening. When would I have time for a job?”

“I must say you and John Ross have a lot of friends,” Pamela says on her way out.

“Where are you going now?”

“To check on the babies.”

“That’s another thing. With three babies, you’re up to your elbows in diapers. Can’t you at least employee someone for that job?”

Anne laughs, “Ellie, she loves taking care of her children, and I’m here to help and John Ross, and you’ll find Bobby changing a diaper or two.”

The house phone rings.

“That’s disgusting.”

The phone stops ringing.

“I’ll agree with you there,” Sue Ellen laughs.

A house keeper walks in and whispers to Anne and leaves. Anne’s face turned worried.

Sue Ellen asks, “What is it?”

“They just let Elena up.”

Sue Ellen stands. “I’ll go and warn Pamela.”

Ellie says. “I go and greet our guest.”

Outback Elena pulls up in a black Bentley convertible. Ellie stands laughing. “You realize how silly you look behind the wheel of that car don’t you?”

“I’m here to see my son.”

“I’ve been told. You run off and hide in Mexico, abandoning him here and now you just think you can show up and pretend to be momma for a few minutes.”

“My lawyers are working on getting me full custody.”

“Oh because living with you as opposed to living here would be in the best interests of the child?”

“Mind your own business Ellie.”

“This family is my business.”

A Southfork truck pulls up behind them.

“Oh I guess the whole family has to show up while I sit with my child.”

“You think anyone here trusts you?”

John Ross and Bobby hop out of the truck. John Ross said, “You said you’d be by today. I expected you earlier.”

“I was at the office earlier.”

“That’s right I heard you’re working for Trident.”

“And I guess you work the ranch now. Who’d have guessed you’d end up here?”

“I just help out Uncle Bobby from time to time.“

“Ewing’s don’t really work,” Ellie says but no one listens. Instead Elena and John Ross seem locked in a stand off.

Pamela walks out with a nearly one year old baby boy holding tight to her. Anne and Sue Ellen stand behind her as if guarding her. “You can sit out here with him.”

Elena’s face lights up as she walks over and takes her child with everyone looking on.

Harris and Bo eat dinner together out in a light and airy restaurant. Harris says, “I feel like we should be talking about my horses.”

“You do have an impressive string of horses.”

“They’re my mother’s actually. You should see the ones she took to Virginia with her.”

“Would it make you feel more comfortable if I told the waitress I was your vet?”

“Dear god no. So tell me, how do you like living at Southfork?”

“Well I do have a business back in Florida I need to return to. My partner is doing everything while I hang out here. Though I must say, there’s a lot of work to keep me busy. And they have a great many associates with animals to look in on. There’s something you never answered for me. Why do you work for them. You’re obviously not found of them. You don’t need the money. You don’t seem to have any sentimental feelings about your father’s business. What’s the allure?”

“In the past I’ve associated with some very questionable customers, when I was in the shopping business. Clients of my father’s. It’s a rather long list. Took me a long time to grow a company healthy enough to leave them behind. And the Ewing’s, they held that over me. So did the government before that.”

“And now?”

“Now? Now I run one of the nation’s largest private businesses. My name may not be on the door, but people know who they’re dealing with.”

“The guy who got away with dealing with criminals. The son of Senator Brown. You haven’t told me much about your mother.”

“She makes my father look like a Boy Scout.”

“Do tell.”

“Oh god not here.”

Bo laughs.

John Ross strips down to boxers for bed as Pamela exits the bathroom in a silk night gown. “I still say we’re better off just working out a compromise. I don’t want Drew living off Southfork anymore than necessary. That poor kid is going to suffer his whole life because of that woman. Just give her what she wants and move on.”

“I have no intention of any such thing. I’ll tell you the game plan but I need you to just accept it.”

They slide into bed.

“Go ahead.”

“Dorian has a fondness for, well a certain place that Judith Brown is aware of. It’s a place where a man, or woman I suppose, can buy the sort of experience they want. Sex offenders don’t get courts to grant physical custody in their house.”

“Legal custody?”

“Elena abandoned her child. She was found guilty in absence. Pardon or no pardon she was found guilty. Visitation is our compromise.”

“Supervised.”

“Agreed. Now stop worrying. Everything is taken care of.” He kisses her lips softly.

3. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    Balto sits playing checkers with Jayden outside the stables. He laughs, “It is kinda messed up. He was a teenager when you were born. Now he’s got three sons, two twins and another boy by a different woman, born a day a part. I’ll give you that. Your grandfather had four kids by four different women, two were sisters.”

“Right. You see what I’m saying. What a mess. And I feel like I’m just part of the mess.”

“But you’re not. It not your fault what your father and grandfather did and it certainly doesn’t have to be your path.”

“You’re telling me you’re a one woman kinda man?”

“I had my past that wasn’t so good. But yes. I don’t want to be with a woman where it’s not just the two of us.”

“Seriously?”

“Seriously.” Balto jumps three of her pieces.

4. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    A television news broadcaster says, “What started as a traditional independent oil company, Ewing Oil, today is part of the conglomerate Ewing Global, and is leading the future in energy both scientifically and financially. Along with the advanced technology of other Ewing Global subsidiaries like Wentworth Tool and Die and Ryland Logistics, Ewing Oil is able to get at vast reserves of petroleum and natural gas as well as store and ship them, that others can’t.

Ewing Global is also the single largest shareholder in the Trident Corporation and is leading a shareholder initiative to split the company in two pieces: the Trident Corporation with sixteen refineries, over six thousand gas stations and a petrochemical division and Trident Resources with world wide oil and gas production as well as vast mining operations. Ewing Global will remain the single largest shareholder of both.

But that’s not it for Ewing Global. Other energy related subsidiaries include solar panel manufacture Soltron, wind turbine manufacture Gilcrest, and battery manufacture L I 3. Ewing Global contains numerous investments through a family of companies either wholly owned or in part. Other companies include software development, mass media, finance, insurance and ranching. Ewing Global is a private company held in the various trusts of the Ewing family centered around John Ross Ewing and his sister Ellie, brother Bo and cousin Christopher Ewing.”

John Ross switches off the TV and turns toward Harris and Drew in his study during the twilight hours of the morning.

Just to help with understanding the ownership of the company, though I don’t intend there to be a fight over it - leaving the fight for control of Trident:
    20% held by the Christopher Ewing Trust to Chris and Drew, controlled by John Ross
    20% held by the Boax Harper Ewing Trust, to Bo controlled by John Ross
    20% held by the John Ross Ewing Trust to John Ross and Jay, controlled by John Ross
    20% held by the Pamela Rebecca Ewing Trust to Pamela and Blake, controlled by John Ross
    20% held by the Eleanor Ewing Trust to Ellie and Jayden controlled by Ellie

John Ross says, “So where are we at over splitting up Trident.”

Harris answers, “We’ve got the votes, both on the board and among the shareholders, but it’s tight.”

Drew says, “Wendell and Elena and having a fit. Running around to put a stop to it, worse case centric trying to position them in one or both of the breakaway companies. I think Dorian’s out of both though. His legal troubles have just begun.”

“Good. That’ll force Elena here to see Drew. Where we at with Venezuela?”

Drew answers, “We’ll be ready end of the month. It’s going to be a bloody revolution.”

“Just make sure we stay on top of it.”

“Chris, Cindy and I are meeting in Panama City with DeLeVega next week.”

“Good. This has been a long time coming with my family.” John Ross looks at Drew. “Keep the heat on Dorian and Elena.” He then looks at Harris. “And lock down Venezuela.”

5. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    All of Southfork is filled with people for the rodeo.

Balto says to Jayden, “I’ll be keeping an eye in you.” She smiles and goes off to have a good time, dancing on the stage with Shawn Mendez, taking him from Camila Cabello in the middle of their duet.

Cindy introduces her husband Adam to Chris. “So you’re the one taking my wife off to Venezuela.

Ellie says to Harris, “What’s going on between those two?”

“Cindy and your cousin. Near as I can tell, they’re having an affair.”

“Really? In Venezuela.”

“I’m sure back here too. But yes.”

“She’s a gold digger too?”

“Like Elba.”

“Oh no. Leland’s aren’t as well off as you might think. In fact your father knocked them around a couple times. No. Her family’s the one with the money.”

“Well I think I need to know more.”

“Your cousins trying to figure out a way to get his patent out from under Ewing Global. She has him thinking it’s feasible.”

“I love my brother but he’s an idiot. Even if it was, he’ll need funding. He won’t get as good of a deal as twenty percent of the company anywhere.”

“No. No he won’t.”

Bobby says to Sue Ellen, “I’m so glad to see Southfork back to life. Your son does have a good idea now and again.”

Holding his arm, she lays her head on Bobby’s shoulder watching John Ross take to the stage and sing a love song to Pamela.”

Elena shows up with Dorian. There’s whispers all over the place as they walk through.

Up stairs in his bedroom at Southfork Chris rolls around in bed with Cindy as the noise of the crowd outside fills the room.

Harris walks in on Bo in the stables cleaning up. “Why aren’t you with everyone else?”

“Calf isn’t doing so well.”

“There are plenty of hands around here, you didn’t need to hide out in here to take care of a sick calf.”

“I just don’t like crowds.”

“Oh I see. Well I missed you.”

Bo blushes. “I missed you too.”

“I hate being at these things and not being with you. Like we’ve got something to be ashamed about. I’ve spent my whole life ashamed. Maybe it’s tine I stopped.”

“I agree but, you never know how people will react.”

“Maybe I don’t care anymore.” Harris grabs Bo and kisses him passionately.

Ann approaches the Wendell’s. “I realize we’re open to the public, but I thought you’d have the good graces to stay away.”

“Ann. I’m not here to cause and trouble. I just want to see the performances and my son.”

“You know if you cared at all about that child, you’d ask Pamela to adopt him.”

“Why would I do that?”

“You think he wants to grow up to know who you are?”

“Wasn’t that Harris’s reasoning to keep you away from your daughter?”

“That’s different. I was ill. You just go around hurting people on purpose, and why? because you were born the cooks daughter. You know your mother was happy before you started all of this. She was one of my best friends. And you destroyed her.”

“I got her the money JR stole from my family.”

“Really. Bobby won’t tell you, but I will. Cliff made all that up. He used you. The older he got the more he lost his grip on reality. He thought Bobby and JR killed Pam. He was out to save Chris and take everything from them.”

“They set him up for a murder he didn’t commit.”

“But he did commit a murder and you know it. You didn’t care about that. You just believed JR slighted your family. And sure, it’s certainly something he would have done. But the conveyance didn’t matter to you. Cliff is ill. What’s your excuse?”

“I don’t need to make an excuse. Certainly not to the likes of you.”

“You know what’s sad? John Ross loves you. Chris once said he was relieved you sent him that letter, when he thought you had. You ripped John Ross’s heart out. Why? Because he lied to you. He wanted you to think the best of him, so he lied. He lied about stealing Southfork, when he didn’t have to. It was his all along.”

“So I heard.”

“Bobby spun out of control, thinking he was dying and the family fell apart. And what did you do? Acted all high and mighty. And now you’re married to this pervert.”

Dorian goes to speak that nothing been proven when Elena says, “You’re still the common little whore Judith always knew you were and now you’re just projecting on to me. Go away and cook something.”

“You filthy little slut. No wonder John Ross got over you with Pamela so easily.”

“You bitch!” Elena lunges for her. The two wrestle each other to the ground, thrashing around in the dry Earth. Dorian finds it funny. Two ranch hands pull them apart.

Bobby runs over. “What the hell’s going on?” When Elena goes to speak. “What the hell are you doing here.”

“Fighting off this filthy bitch.”

“That’s Mrs. Ewing to you.” Looking at the ranch hands he orders, “Throw out the trash.”

John Ross runs over. “What are you going here? It’s not your day to visit.”

“It is an open house.”

He looks at Balto. “Make sure your men know unless they’ve cleared it with me, she doesn’t set foot on Southfork.”

“I’m should have known better than to show up to this redneck affair. Let’s go Dorian before we catch something.”

Jayden yells, “Yes keep going. Don’t let the gate hit you on the way out.” She laughs. “I can’t believe it, Aunt Anne, you’re like my grandma’s age and you kicked her ass!”

“Jayden,” Sue Ellen admonishes with laughter.

Elena and Dorian walk into their house late at night still talking about the “pompous” Ewing’s when they find John Ross sitting in the dark. They follow startled with angry.

John Ross stands, “I’m done with you, both of you.”

“You known John Ross breaking bad entering . . .”

“Isn’t the case when your mother gave me a key. Listen you’re not half the man your father was. And you’re not much different than a two bit whore. So we’re gonna end this.” Staring down Dorian. “You and I both know I can provide the proof you did what what they’re accusing you of. And you know who gave me the proof. They’re out there waiting for me before they come in and take you into custody.” He then turns to Elena. “You need to call your momma. Bolto talked her. She’s prepared to come up her to testify against you even having visitation. I left on the coffee table adoption papers for you to sign so Pamela can legally be his mother. And if that’s not enough, I’ll pull Old Nick Trevino out of the woodwork to testify against you too. And maybe some of this monsters young girls, willing to swear in court you were involved. What’s it going to take to scare you off? I’m running out of options. Having you killed isn’t on the table yet Elena, but you keep pushing me. Just get it done.” John Ross leaves the room.

6. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    In their bed room Pamela hugs John Ross, exited, thrilled, ecstatic. “So he’s all ours and Elena’s leaving Dallas?”

“Yes. It’s all taken care of.”

“Oh John Ross, thank you, thank you, thank you.”

Harris sits with Anne in a park in Dallas. Anne looks shocked. “I don’t know what to say. I can’t imagine what you’ve been through. You’re father was an impossible man. And your mother . . .”

“I just wanted you to know. I do care very much for you Anne. I can’t ever apologize enough for what I did to you.”

“If it wasn’t for you, I’d have died a long time ago. I can’t even think about how many times you put me in rehab. But you knew all about me, what I’d been through, my family. I wish you’d have told me about you sooner. You shouldn’t have had to keep this to yourself all those years. Have you told Emma?”

“I’m going to. This weekend.”

“What do you want me to do?”

“Tell everyone you know.”

“What? Are you sure?”

“I don’t want to have to talk to everybody myself. I figure you tell the Ewing’s the word will get out.”

“You know they’ll be ok with this news.”

“I do.”

“You don’t seem as opposed to working with them as I thought you would.”

“I’ve got use to it. You know maybe it’s the death of his father, but John Ross really seems to come into his own. I know how that can be. And Ellie reminds me of my mother.”

“Yeah, she’s something else.”

“And Bo . . .”

“What about Bo?”

“I’m . . . I ah . . . Bo and I are . . . We’ve been seeing each other.”

“Bo? You’ve been seeing Bo Harper?”

“He’s out to everyone but the Ewing’s.”

“Wow. Is that something I should keep a secret?”

“No .” Harris smiles the most delighted smile of his life.

Jayden and Balto come riding back in, laughing with each other. Jayden’s excited to tell her father that she mended a fence, fixed a windmill so it’s pumping water up again, and tagged some calves.

Bobby walks through the executive offices of Trident, welcomed by everyone, shaking hands, taking compliments. “The legionary Bobby Ewing.” “It’s a great honor, sir.” “I hope we’ll see a lot of you around here.”

“I don’t know about that. I’m not here for a day to day job. I already got one of them.”

He stops at an office door which reads, ‘Robert J. Ewing, Chairman of the Board, TridentEwing Corporation.’

7. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    Sue Ellen meets with the board of the Ewing Family Foundation, Pamela included. They discuss the JR Ewing Cancer Center.

Anne makes Miss Ellie’s chili in the kitchen when John Ross walks in. “Grandma use to add extra heat for me.”

“I remember. Carmen use to say you were mostly Mexican, raised on Teresa’s cooking.”

“When I was home, yes. No matter how terrible things where here, I loved coming home.”

Anne smiles and holds out the spoon to feed John Ross a taste of her chili. He lets out a cowboy’s whoopee to her delight.

“Bobby’s skeptical of how you got rid of Elena. . . but I’m glad you did. She’s the last thing we need around here. How about Cindy Leland?”

“What about her?”

“Anything you can do?”

“Why would I want to do anything about her?”

“If I’ve noticed, I’m sure you have. She’s attached herself to Christopher.”

John Ross’s face turns serious. “She’s counting on helping him get the Ewing Process away from Ewing Global. Of course then her and her husband get a big cut.”

“And Christopher gets less.”

“Sure. Right now he gets twenty percent. He’ll be lucky to walk away with five by the time they get done. They won’t have the resources to develop it on their own. But don’t worry, it’s locked down.”

“So there’ll be another family fight?”

“I hope not, Aunt Anne.”

“So do I. But how are you going to prevent it.”

“I don’t know if I can.”

“Of course you can. You’re the head of this family now. How are you going put a stop to this fight before it even starts?”

Jayden walks up out of the pool just as Balto approaches the house. “Where have you been?”

“I told you, I had some work to do.”

“I know that but every time I text you, you ignore the where are you part.” Jayden begins to dry off.

“I told you, I’m not gonna tell you where.”

“That means it’s dangerous.”

“Never mind that. Did you get everything done I left you?”

“Yes I did and I helped wean the calves. Uncle Bobby helped me. And we tagged them all.”

“You won’t learn from anyone better around here.”

“I was scared something might happen to you.”

“Nothin’s gonna happen to me.”

“Promise.”

“I promise. Now I gotta go see your father. And get dressed.”

Jayden sashays around the pool,” I am dressed,” and lays out on a lounge chair.

“You know most ranches can’t just take of the afternoon to layabout in the sun.”

Rubbing lotion on her tight, flat stomach she responds, “How awful to be most people.”

Balto chuckles and goes into the house.

In his study John Ross is going over maps when Balto walks in. “How was Venezuela?”

“Excellent. Made some new friends. I see you printed out the maps I sent you.”

“You’ve covered the country well with red dots.”

“The weapons we smuggled in will take them by surprise.”

“DeLaVega?”

“He’s on board.”

“Even if he doesn’t know he’s on board.” John Ross smiles.

Adam says, “There’s no way around it, they want a bigger cut. The whole point for them is a bigger return in their investment. In an empty high rise office in Dallas Christopher looks around. Adam continues, “You haven’t even shown us you can get the patent out from under Ewing Global. This could all be for nothing. Though I’ve got some people very interested in your car engine as well. Those patents are yours?”

“All mine. I never signed any of that over to Ewing Energies.”

“Good. We can start there. But I need to see something more concrete then testing sites that belong to Ewing Global.”

“And I told you, I need sixty percent of the company.”

“I can get you a hundred percent, but that won’t get you any of the money you also say you need.”

Cindy looks on as they argue.

In his study John Ross watches about the arraignment of J. Dorian Wendell and his massive legal team. Questions are asked about the whereabouts if his wife, Elena, both forced out of Trident prior to its acquisition of Ewing Petroleum and Gas and renaming the company EwingTrident with Ewing Global, The Hercule Group and WhiteStone as its largest shareholders, and Bobby Ewing as its new chairman.

8. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    A sign is affixed to a building in downtown Dallas, ‘Wendell Resources.’

John Ross drives a red Ferrari with the top down and a ‘Ewing 1’ license plate, down from the barns where a white Maserati SUV turns in front of him headed to the car park with the ‘Ewing 2’ license plate. Out from the car’s front seat, Pamela and Sue Ellen take two of the three boys. Anne pulls up in a black Jeep with the ‘Ewing 5’ license plate and takes the third boy. They tell John Ross all about their day at the zoo.

Incase you’re wondering:
    Ewing 1: John Ross’s red Ferrari convertible
    Ewing 2: Pamela’s white Maserati SUV
    Ewing 3: Ellie’s black Maserati limo (driver)
    Ewing 4: Bobby’s white RAM pickup truck
    Ewing 5: Anne’s black Jeep Wrangler
    Ewing 6: Christopher’s black Ferrari (methane)
    Ewing 7: Jayden’s red Alfa Romeo hatchback
    Ewing 8: Bo’s white RAM pickup truck
    Ewing 9: Sue Ellen’s white Maserati sedan

9. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    In the offices of Wendell Resources Elena asks, “Why hasn’t the President pardon you yet?”

“I’m sure he’s afraid it’ll look bad for him.”

“Well it looks bad already. That is why he pardoned me.”

“Of course. But he can’t just pardon me without the spotlight on him and god only knows what Judith Brown has on him.”

“I’m sure John Ross knows.”

John Ross leaves the family cocktail hour with Chris into his study. Ellie looks annoyed.

John Ross says, “You’re not going to get the Ewing Process through Ewing Alternative Energy. It’s owned by Ewing Pattens and Licensing, LLC, which is owned by Ewing Global and for which I am the sole employee, President and chief bottle waster.”

“Why am I not surprised?”

“How much of Ewing Alternative Energies do you want?”

“What? Without my process for methane extraction?”

“No it can have it back. But I want a solid lease agreement with Ewing Oil for its development and EwingTrident to market the gas.”

“Exclusive?”

“No solid. How much?”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want another fight in this family. If it means this much to you, to cut out me, Bo, Ellie, Lucas.”

“What’s Lucas got to do with anything?”

“Your father gave him his shares, equal to all of us.”

“He sold them.”

“I took care of that. You don’t need to worry yourself about any of that. How much?”

“Sixty percent.”

“In trust.”

“Everything seems to be in trusts you control.”

“That’s not going to change. I promised Uncle Bobby, when you were in the hospital, I’d take care of you no matter what. And Lucas. I’m not going to break that promise. Sixty percent to you, forty percent Ewing Global.” He holds out his hand. Chris hesitates but shakes. John holds his hand tight and pulls him in, “But this bullshit with the Leland’s ends. If it don’t I’ll kick your ass clear across the county line, brother.”

The two emerge from the study. Ellie inquires as to the secrecy. John Ross says, “If it’s company business you’ll hear about it in the morning. If it’s not, it’s my personal business and this’ll be the end of it.”

She winks at Chris and says, “Like my daddy use to say, ‘anything worth having is worth going for - all the way’.”

Bo walks in with Harris. There’s an instant hush. Jayden holds onto her grandma’s arm with a big grin waiting to see.

Ellie turns around. “Why Harris.” She walks over and hugs him, whispering in his ear, “Just remember who you’re working for.”

“Nice to see you Ellie.”

“Always a pleasure.”

John Ross holds out his hand, “Welcome to Southfork. If you can convince my brother to stay, I’d be very appreciative.”

They shake. “I’ll see what I can do.”

Bobby holds out his hand, “Welcome Harris.”

They shake. “Thank you Bobby.”

Sue Ellen hugs him. “I don’t know if you’ve meet. This is Jayden. John Ross’s oldest.”

Anne hugs him next, “Welcome Harris. We made pot roast.”

Pamela hugs him and says, “Anne says it’s your favorite.”

“This is true.”

Anne continues, “Now John Ross sits at the head of table. Pamela at the other end. There’s an empty chair between me and Ellie, it’s all yours.”

Ellie laughs, “Imagine that.”

10. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    In the offices of Wendell Resources Elena asks, “Why hasn’t the President pardon you yet?”

“I’m sure he’s afraid it’ll look bad for him.”

“Well it looks bad already. That is why he pardoned me.”

“Of course. But he can’t just pardon me without the spotlight on him and god only knows what Judith Brown has on him.”

“I’m sure John Ross knows.”

John Ross leaves the family cocktail hour with Chris into his study. Ellie looks annoyed.

John Ross says, “You’re not going to get the Ewing Process through Ewing Alternative Energy. It’s owned by Ewing Pattens and Licensing, LLC, which is owned by Ewing Global and for which I am the sole employee, President and chief bottle waster.”

“Why am I not surprised?”

“How much of Ewing Alternative Energies do you want?”

“What? Without my process for methane extraction?”

“No it can have it back. But I want a solid lease agreement with Ewing Oil for its development and EwingTrident to market the gas.”

“Exclusive?”

“No solid. How much?”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want another fight in this family. If it means this much to you, to cut out me, Bo, Ellie, Lucas.”

“What’s Lucas got to do with anything?”

“Your father gave him his shares, equal to all of us.”

“He sold them.”

“I took care of that. You don’t need to worry yourself about any of that. How much?”

“Sixty percent.”

“In trust.”

“Everything seems to be in trusts you control.”

“That’s not going to change. I promised Uncle Bobby, when you were in the hospital, I’d take care of you no matter what. And Lucas. I’m not going to break that promise. Sixty percent to you, forty percent Ewing Global.” He holds out his hand. Chris hesitates but shakes. John holds his hand tight and pulls him in, “But this bullshit with the Leland’s ends. If it don’t I’ll kick your ass clear across the county line, brother.”

The two emerge from the study. Ellie inquires as to the secrecy. John Ross says, “If it’s company business you’ll hear about it in the morning. If it’s not, it’s my personal business and this’ll be the end of it.”

She winks at Chris and says, “Like my daddy use to say, ‘anything worth having is worth going for - all the way’.”

Bo walks in with Harris. There’s an instant hush. Jayden holds onto her grandma’s arm with a big grin waiting to see.

Ellie turns around. “Why Harris.” She walks over and hugs him, whispering in his ear, “Just remember who you’re working for.”

“Nice to see you Ellie.”

“Always a pleasure.”

John Ross holds out his hand, “Welcome to Southfork. If you can convince my brother to stay, I’d be very appreciative.”

They shake. “I’ll see what I can do.”

Bobby holds out his hand, “Welcome Harris.”

They shake. “Thank you Bobby.”

Sue Ellen hugs him. “I don’t know if you’ve meet. This is Jayden. John Ross’s oldest.”

Anne hugs him next, “Welcome Harris. We made pot roast.”

Pamela hugs him and says, “Anne says it’s your favorite.”

“This is true.”

Anne continues, “Now John Ross sits at the head of table. Pamela at the other end. There’s an empty chair between me and Ellie, it’s all yours.”

Ellie laughs, “Imagine that.”

John Ross hands Harris a cocktail, “Scotch, right?”

“Yes, thank you.”

Sue Ellen takes Harris’s arm and leads him toward the dinning room

With everyone out ahead of them Chris says to John Ross, “You sure this is a good idea?”

“Keep your eye on your friends, because your enemies will take care of themselves.” John Ross pats him on the back and walks out.

The family gathers around the table talking about the JR Ewing Cancer Center, the plans for next year’s rodeo and this year’s Oil Barons’ and Cattlemen’s Balls.

John Ross in Jock’s chair. Ellie to his right, Bo to his left, Harris next to Anne, Bobby next go Anne with Jayden next to Bo and Chris next to Jayden and Sue Ellen next to Chris. Pamela sits in Miss Ellie’s chair and the food is served Russian style.

11. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    Early in the morning John Ross slabs his fist into his desk in the study. “She’s like a cockroach! She just won’t go away!”

Ellie says, “You boys brought her into this family.”

Chris says, “There has to be more we can do. I don’t mean to sound like your father, but can’t we dig deep and find something to really destroy her once and for all, and if there isn’t something there, put it there.”

Ellie looks at John Ross, “You must have had something big to get her to sign those adoption papers.”

Harris says, “This is all fine and well, meanwhile I’ve got leases which were slam dunks she’s taken away from Ewing Oil. She works around EwingTrident setting up supply for Shell, BP, Total.”

Balto says, “I’ve got leads. I can get back to you in no time.”

“Do it,” Chris says.

John Ross sits down, looking upset.

12. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    6 Months Later . . . . .

On the side of a factory the name Ewing Motor Company is put into place by a work crew. A truck pulls through the gate. On its side, along with a logo, reads ‘Mandicion, a Ewing Industries Subsidiary, Storing the Power, Which Will Run the World.’

Ellie closes the door to John Ross’s study and turns to face him. “Are you seriously selling Mandicion batteries to Chris’s company?”

“I am.”

“Knowing what the reaction will be.”

“To a high quality and affordable electric car.”

“Yo a real replacement to the gasoline engine. 1,000 miles.”

“On long trips yes. 500 miles at fifty percent, which is recommended. From 10 to 50% should take about 5 to 7 minutes to charge. And as far as they can tell there is no end to the battery’s rechargeable lifespan. At least that’s the rumor. Chris is talking about a solar panel roof.”

“What the hell. You do realize we make the bulk of our money off of oil and gas? And the people you’re gonna pass off. There’ll be no end in sight.”

“I can pull the plug on this adventure at anytime. An explosion or ten should get it pulled from the market.”

“I’m confused. You want it to fail.”

“It’s called poking the bear. Balto’s helped me mess with Venezuela. They’re tearing themselves apart and our friends will come out on top, on top of the world’s largest energy reserves.”

“Which you’re helping to make worthless.”

“It should get someone’s attention.”

“That’s what dad wanted. He wanted you get someone’s attention. That’s why the lockdown on Southfork. All the added security. You’re provoking a response from people who don’t like to be exposed.”

“That’s the idea.”