Celebrity Big Brother 2018 confirms all-female housemates

Discussion in 'Reality TV Forum' started by Ome for Christmas, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Ome for Christmas
    Relaxed

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,454
    Original Member Since:
    Dec 2005
    Celebrity Big Brother 2018 confirms all-female housemates to mark 100 years of women voting

Channel 5 have confirmed the rumours that the new series of Celebrity Big Brother 2018 will feature an all-female cast when it launches in January.

CBB is marking 100 years since women won the right to vote following the suffrage movement.

The series will still feature male housemates, who will be gradually introduced to the house over the series, and the contestants will compete in entertaining tasks and experiments all focussed around gender stereotypes.

The new reality TV series hopes to challenge what it is to be a woman – and a man – in the 21st century.

This year's previous series of Celebrity Big Brother saw ex-Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding triumph and leave with a tumultuous relationship with Chad Johnson.

Emma Willis and Rylan Clark-Neal will both return to their presenting gigs for the main show and Bit on the Side respectively.

Earlier this year, Emma weighed in on the rumours the house would be launching its next series with just female housemates.

"Personally, I think it would be amazing to have all women in the house," she said. "We did it once before when Ziggy was the only man and it was all girls, but then the boys were slowly filtered in."

I'd read rumours about this happening and hoped they were untrue, but it's not looking like it will happen.

Not sure if I will watch it because I just don't like the idea of having an all-female cast, any more than I would want an all-male cast.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sparkly Lashes
    Inspired

Sparkly Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,933
    Original Member Since:
    January 2015
    I've just about been clinging onto Big Brother by my finger-tips especially after the last couple of poor series and I don't like this theme idea either.

From what I can remember this idea was a bit of a disaster for the start of BB8 and its going to be interesting to see if BB can find so many celebrity females and I mean 'celebrity' and not reality stars.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ome for Christmas
    Relaxed

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,454
    Original Member Since:
    Dec 2005
    I'm really disappointed with this idea. The whole point of the show for me is about character interaction and I think sticking to one gender is limited.

I quit that show after two episodes. Am I right in thinking this is the one that Brian Belo won? Ironic that a guy wins a show that started off with just women.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome for Christmas
    Relaxed

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,454
    Original Member Since:
    Dec 2005
    The eye is out.....

EyE.jpg

That's quite some long lashes on there too :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Sparkly Lashes
    Inspired

Sparkly Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,933
    Original Member Since:
    January 2015
    I may not like the theme, but I really like this new eye its very different to the previous eyes. Its also very feminine which I guess fits with the theme.

Lol!..almost as long as mine :cool1

• Like Like x 2