Celebrity Big Brother 2018: Year of the Woman

Discussion in 'Reality TV Forum' started by Ome, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,176
    Celebrity Big Brother 2018 confirms all-female housemates to mark 100 years of women voting

Channel 5 have confirmed the rumours that the new series of Celebrity Big Brother 2018 will feature an all-female cast when it launches in January.

CBB is marking 100 years since women won the right to vote following the suffrage movement.

The series will still feature male housemates, who will be gradually introduced to the house over the series, and the contestants will compete in entertaining tasks and experiments all focussed around gender stereotypes.

The new reality TV series hopes to challenge what it is to be a woman – and a man – in the 21st century.

This year's previous series of Celebrity Big Brother saw ex-Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding triumph and leave with a tumultuous relationship with Chad Johnson.

Emma Willis and Rylan Clark-Neal will both return to their presenting gigs for the main show and Bit on the Side respectively.

Earlier this year, Emma weighed in on the rumours the house would be launching its next series with just female housemates.

"Personally, I think it would be amazing to have all women in the house," she said. "We did it once before when Ziggy was the only man and it was all girls, but then the boys were slowly filtered in."

I'd read rumours about this happening and hoped they were untrue, but it's not looking like it will happen.

Not sure if I will watch it because I just don't like the idea of having an all-female cast, any more than I would want an all-male cast.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I've just about been clinging onto Big Brother by my finger-tips especially after the last couple of poor series and I don't like this theme idea either.

From what I can remember this idea was a bit of a disaster for the start of BB8 and its going to be interesting to see if BB can find so many celebrity females and I mean 'celebrity' and not reality stars.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,176
    I'm really disappointed with this idea. The whole point of the show for me is about character interaction and I think sticking to one gender is limited.

I quit that show after two episodes. Am I right in thinking this is the one that Brian Belo won? Ironic that a guy wins a show that started off with just women.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,176
    The eye is out.....

EyE.jpg

That's quite some long lashes on there too :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I may not like the theme, but I really like this new eye its very different to the previous eyes. Its also very feminine which I guess fits with the theme.

Lol!..almost as long as mine :cool1

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,176
    We have pictures....

There appear to be two living areas, one with pink & grey and the other pinky/orange and green

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    It looks more plain than recent houses especially the bedroom, I imagine another bedroom will possibly appear during the series? I like this house as it looks less cluttered and the sauna should be an ideal area for gossiping.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,176
    When the news broke out about this being an all-female house, I did more than roll my eyes, I really thought I would struggle watching it. I’ve always loved the concept of throwing a bunch of strangers in a house and seeing how they all get along, and even better when it’s people from all different walks of life, but to stick with one sex just doesn’t cut the mould for me.

Having said all that I am very surprised to see that I loved the launch night. I think they’ve done really well to bring together quite a diversity of characters. I also love the idea of just having 8 new housemates as opposed to the usual 14/16 housemates. It will be much easier to get to know these better over the next few days.

I thought it was great to not have Marcus Bentley on launch night and they really made an effort by having an all-female crowd and production team (that we saw)

But the best grab for me was securing Maggie Oliver, the fighting force behind the Rochdale Sex Ring. I know we have about four weeks to decide on who we’d like to win, but as it stands right now, she is my winner. She got a very strong reaction from the crowd and that was very pleasing to see.

I could be mistaken, but I thought I saw Amanda Barrie roll her eyes when she saw Ann Widdecombe

I also read the first male to go in will be John Barnes.

Here we gooooooooooooooo

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,053
    What on earth is Anne Widdecombe doing in there? She must be getting a reasonable pension from her time as an MP, I'd put it at around £50,000 a year, so she can't need the money. Maybe she has an insatiable appetite to be in the limelight because I don't buy that bull about doing it because it's about empowering women.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,952
    Oh my, its already started! I must watch the launch.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,770
    I thought it was just women... But now men are coming in on Friday???

12. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,176
    That was always on the agenda.

Though I don't know what that means in terms of where they fit in the house. Will the women always hold the power or will the men get an option to win over the power?

I'm completely surprised by how much I've enjoyed the two episodes so far, they've got quite a diverse bunch in there and this time it doesn't look like it's filled with idiots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,176
    I think she needs somewhere to complain about everything.
    Have you caught up yet?

14. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,952
    Watching the launch now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,770
    I think Amanda Barrie seems fabulous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,176
    Yes, and she's very funny with it.

But I got the impression she (along with Ann) was belittling sexual harassment in the workplace.

It's not about having a choice and the ability to say no to someone who is sexually harassing another person, which is what I thought these two were implying.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,770
    I only watched the launch so I haven't seen that bit. I'd never belittle that because it's happened to me.

18. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,176
    I hope you get to watch it. It's an interesting debate and I'm not sure if I heard it all as I believe I did. It's always great to see what others see or think of the situation.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I was very impressed with last nights HL's, very good editing with lengthy segments of interesting conversations and HM’s who are actually listening to each other, hardly any swearing either apart from Ashley who dropped the first F- Bomb.

Anne - I'm either going to really like her or..not. She keeps turning her nose up at everything, is narrow minded, snappy and will speak up, its her way or no way and let’s not forget she snores too. Shes the perfect HM from a viewer’s point of view :D

On first impressions I’m liking Malika (friend of the Kardashians) far more than I thought I would she’s interesting to listen to and seems genuine.

Amanda Barrie made me laugh during the immunity announcement when she was obviously tiddly, shes quick with her humour and one liners. 82! Can anyone believe Amanda is 82? She married a woman at 79 and has gone into the BB house at 82.!

When talking to BB in the DR about immunity Anne said that she wanted to win a task and I liked this quote....”You've got to meet the competition and beat it - not wish it away." ... i.e. she wants to earn her own immunity.. I like this outlook from her.

India is going to be one to watch, she was civil to Anne about the bed/towel situation and then was bitching about her in the DR, I’m looking forward to watching the dynamic between these two.

I'm hoping that John Barnes slows now his speech before going into the house, he speaks very fast.

I was shocked that Anne, Amanda and a few others had a black and white point of view about this.

They seemed to completely ignore the fact that its an abuse of power over women. Also some women have been physical overcome by abusers and have had their choice taken away. I would have thought that Amanda and Anne would have shown more empathy towards other women and understood that its completely wrong that women even have to deal with these situations.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,053
    Ann Widdecombe is a vile creature. She advocated degrading women in prison by chaining them to their bed while they gave birth to their children. When she was in Parliament she consistently voted against every gay rights reform and she also supports gay "cure" therapies. She supported cutting social security for disabled people to fund tax cuts for the rich. She likes to come across as a sweet little old lady but in reality she is a very unpleasant human being.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1