Celebrity Big Brother 2018: Year of the Woman

Discussion in 'Reality TV Forum' started by Ome, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,604
    I forgot to mention how funny Ann's letter was. Please get us four tickets for Boyzone :D

This was my initial thought and I was surprised Courtney didn't say something to Andrew about the derogatory way he spoke about Ashley, as she's usually very quick defending other people from insulting words/language.

Yes, I suspect he has too.
    Courtney had a huge smile on her face, but her eyes (which looked sad) and also her leg twitching gave away that she was upset. I hope things are a little clearer after we see tonights HL's.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,604
    I didn't know anything about Cleo before seeing her on CBB and she came across as genuinely warm, I'd like to read her book.

If he has then its going to be tough living with him 24 hours a day knowing that Andrew doesn't feel the same way.

He is very cute, but doesn't he know it :D

I know. I don't want to watch him get hurt that would be too cruel.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,211
    If the producers thought it would be exciting to throw in a triple eviction, then have the sense to put the whole house up. They're going to lose one or two of the biggest stars this series. Plus if I was a voter, I wouldn't waste my money on something where there's a slim chance you might save someone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,211
    Did anyone catch the 'behind the scenes' documentary the other night?

I always thought it would be a fun show to work on, but after watching 30 minutes I came away feeling like I was about to have a headache. It's so complex with many deadlines to meet each day. It was a great insight to what does go on behind the scenes and also how much thought goes into what make the edits and how they have to follow a story rather than just throwing in random scenes that may not make sense to the viewer.

Hats off to them for pulling it off on a daily basis and what a shock to see just how many people are employed in all the various roles. It was also great to put a face to some of the BB announcers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,604
    I wasn’t expecting what happened on last night’s HL’s. I was all ready to watch how Shane J and Andrew’s relationship was from the previous show and then events took another turn.

Face to face nominations where an eye-opener for several reasons. I was shocked to see Shane J get so many nominations and I think he was too.

Ashley’s nomination of Andrew was another shock, although I agreed with her reason and was glad she stood by her principles. I really thought Ashley would’ve wanted Andrew to stay, but I’ve read her completely wrong.

Ann’s reason for the nomination of both Shane J and Andrew was disgusting. It reflects more on her mind to turn two men having a bit of fun wrestling into a "lewd act" as she called it and something to be ashamed of. If she was so offended then why didn’t she say something at the time. It’s not as though she shy’s away from speaking up.

Andrews’s reaction and foul outburst about Ann might have sealed his fate. By reacting the way he did only gives Ann’s words more power – I think he could have gained sympathy from the viewers if he’d managed to control himself and I guess the alcohol didn’t help. I think he’ll regret it. Shane J tried to calm Andrew in the store room and I’m glad he told Andrew that it’s wrong to call someone a “C” or a “f***ing bitch”.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I felt exhausted after watching all that play out.

Also interestingly Daniel only got one vote. What would BB have done if Amanda hadn't nominated him? the triple evictions wouldn't have worked.

I'm baffled why BB did not put all the HM’s up for the triple eviction. All the HM’s being up for the vote could have eliminated those who are coasting and not adding much to the show.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,604
    I forgot all about this and would've liked to have watched it, maybe I can catch it somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,211
    Shocked at Andrew's behaviour, disappointed at what he did because he's made Ann come across as a possible winner of the show.

But, most of all I felt angry that they decided on a triple eviction without putting the whole house up. I can't see Andrew staying, even more after last night and I'm not sure how popular Shane J will be either. Whatever happens, we are losing big characters and housemates like Shane L, Ashely & Jess just coast along. Nothing against those, but they're hardly BB material when it comes to entertainment.

Up until her reasons I had no idea they were mimicking any kind of sexual position, I just saw two lads rolling on the floor and what I thought was just play-fighting.

I can't remember who else nominated Shane or their reasons for doing so.

I honestly wish she hadn't, just to see what would have happened.

How sure were BB that more than three would be nominated?

Try and find it on catch-up, it really was fascinating and something O know you would love.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,604
    Even the HM's were shocked and trying to stop him.

It doesn't make sense at all.

I can't call it. I wonder if Shane J has a big following? or if Johnny has fans from 'Love Island'? It would be ironic if Daniel doesn't go. No, I can't even begin to work it out, but I agree with you that big characters will be evicted.

Its going to be a very quiet house with these three HM's left in for the final week.

I didn't realise that either. Also Ann didn't see them so how did she know what they were doing? and who told her?

As we know Ann did and also Ashley nominated him, although I can't remember why.

Amanda was the other one who nominated him and her reason was because of the conversation they'd had - Shane tried talking to Amanda about Ann (goodness knows why he did this) but Amanda wouldn't agree with what he was saying and defended Ann. I was disappointed with Amanda for using that conversation as a nomination reason against Shane, because Shane didn't continue to try and push his views on Amanda, he did what he always does - listened and accepted her point of view. Also it was a private conversation between the two of them.

The funny thing was when Amanda nominated Shane she said Shane has got Ann wrong because she (Ann) "is nice" and "Ann doesn't control the house", then right on cue Ann interrupted Amanda saying "thats enough" ...to which Amanda immediately stopped talking and said "sorry" to Ann....oh the irony.

I'll try and watch it this weekend :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,211
    It's really annoyed me because they are starting to ruin a bloody good series.

Surely they must have realised that with only half allowed to nominate that it would lead to fewer housemates up.

I thought Shane had gained his fan club through BB, but after reading the other how Ann was now the favourite win, I'm unsure and I'm also wondering if the votes for Shane might be split with some fans wanting to save Andrew.
    It really doesn't sound appealing at all, all that will be left will be housemates pandering to Ann.

Plus if Shane does survive, will he be as challenging with Ann, more so because Amanda exposed a private conversation with him.

I find it really strange that Amanda thinks so highly of Ann because if Ann had her way, Amanda would not have been allowed to marry her partner.

No, I didn't think Ann was anywhere near them when they were play-fighting.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,211
    I was shocked to see Andrew go first tonight and even more that Daniel beat him and Jonny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,211
    Great, Courtney survived, now can she do everyone a favour and beat Ann in the final?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,604
    I thought Andrew would go, but not be the first one out. Andrew (and I presume the other HM's) heard Emma announce it was a triple eviction to the crowd, how sloppy of BB not to ensure the HM’s can’t hear what’s going on outside. Also the security is poor if people can invade the garden.

Andrew didn't have the easiest interview with Emma although he redeemed himself a bit by having the grace to admit his foul rant was out of order. I was so pleased he said Shane J is the one people should listen to and not Ann. I wasn't a big admirer of Andrew as a person, however, I do appreciate that he fully involved himself in the BB experience.

I thought Johnny would’ve been the one to leave first out of the guys. I did like Johnny on one of the HL shows, apart from that I don’t recall him doing very much. He was a genuine and quieter person than I thought he would be and initially I unfairly judged him purely from knowing he’d been on Love Island. It was mean of BB to show Johnny the clip of Andrew being annoyed with him and calling him names behind his back, although that backfired because Johnny couldn’t have cared less. In his interview Johnny came across really well and level headed.

Daniel beat both Andrew and Johnny in the votes and he obviously felt he'd redeemed himself by going on BB. so at least he achieved what he'd set out to do. As for the marriage proposal on live TV? that was very Daniel.

Andrew (and even Daniel in his own way) have been talking points this series and were interesting HM's to watch. As a viewer I can't ask for more than that.....well, maybe not Daniel :lol:

Courtney/Shane J to win!! :jum:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,211
    I really hate it when the housemates are aware of any surprise. As much as I hate the triple eviction, the plus side to it was seeing the reaction from the housemates once they were informed.

He certainly didn't and I'm guessing he doesn't realise just how offensive his jokes can be. It's absolutely fine when he's with his friends, but he could do with tightening up on his vocabulary and jokes when he's in the company of strangers, or at least people he's not so familiar with. That said, we lost a fantastic housemate and if his rant about Ann was too much, I will miss having someone who doesn't suck up to that woman.

:pray:

What is going on with this? It's the second time it's happened in a week. I just can't understand how they could manage to get past all the security and twice is even worse.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,211
    This show is always brilliant and bringing out the emotions in me and tonight I felt nothing but anger for the most part. I'm so disappointed with Amanda and her "it doesn't bother me so I won't fight the cause' attitude. She was really gunning for Shane J because he wants to challenge Ann on her homophobic views. I wish Shane had asked Amanda why she spent part of her life in the closet because it's people like Ann who openly wants people to stay in the closet. Even more is that if Ann had her way, Amanda wouldn't be married to her partner.

I'm glad Shane J has Malika in there because she seems to be the only one who can see the real Ann. I have no idea how this woman is so well respected by everyone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,069
    I completely agree with you .

The way both Wayne, and especially Amanda, were critical of Shane J for challenging Ann's bigoted opinions was so disappointing. Wayne said something like "this isn't the place to get on a soapbox, I'm just here to enjoy myself" which enraged me. Wayne is enjoying his freedom to be himself because people like Shane have challenged people like Ann who have tried to deny LGBT people their right to live their lives the way they choose.

Amanda took her criticism of Shane for standing up for LGBT people even further than Wayne. Ann told Shane in another episode that she thought gay love was "disgusting" and Amanda chooses to defend her over Shane? How many homophobes watching this show will think it's ok to hold their bigoted views because people like Amada not only tolerate it but attack those that challenge those opinions.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,604
    The whole atmosphere in the house seems different now that Andrew, Daniel and Johnny have gone.

The edits last night was 'Shane J v Ann Widdecombe' – with this being the final week, the producers will be keen to have two rivals in there, that’s how I see it anyway.

Ann was telling BB in the DR that Shane J is "real" and "Courtney isn't" and that’s why she won’t acknowledge Courtney. She’s wrong because I remember Shane saying that Courtney is part of his personality and not an act. I also remember Shane saying he wouldn't mind if the HM's got his names mixed up, but he would find it offensive if he was deliberately called Shane when dressed as Courtney.

I now see the disapproval from Ann towards Shane J more and more. When she mentioned that he’d been feeling too hot in Courtney’s clothes she suggested he should wear something more comfortable , in other words she disapproves of how Courtney dresses and her concern wasn’t for Shane J, but herself. Ann did ‘Strictly’ (I didn’t see her series) where the women often wear far less than Courtney. so how did she cope on that show I wonder.

I thought Amanda was going to have a conversation with Shane J, but actually she just shouted him down without offering him any right to reply. When Amanda returned to the bedroom she was clearly still emotional and upset from getting angry with Shane, this didn’t concern Ann and all she said was “I hope you won”.

The final scene of Ann and Amanda high-fiving each other as though they had just won a game.was unpleasant.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,604
    I'm disappointed in Amanda too and I almost choked when she said to Shane J ..”what are you talking about I'm married”....why can’t she see if more people were like ‘her friend Ann’ then she wouldn’t be married and it was because of people like Shane who stood up to the bigotry. Now here she is protecting Ann.

As for mentioning Courtney’s skirt falling down when she entered the house? that was just a petty remark, I think we all know it was a gimmick anyway.
    I don't understand why the other HM's can't see what he is saying, its so frustrating that they think Shane dislikes Ann when its not that, but its her views he dislikes and he has every right to challenge them. He also has to cope with the obvious eye-rolling that Ann does to show her disapproval of him. I can imagine Shane feels isolated in that house.

Another thing which annoyed me (sorry, I'm on a roll now :lol:) was that Ashley was so happy that Ann had finally acknowledged her as a “Granddaughter” she was thrilled and told anyone who would listen. I find this behaviour so bizarre.

Absolutely. Wayne decided to bury his head in the sand and claimed he didn't know that Ann was against equal rights, although I find that very hard to believe.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,211
    And because Shane J has lost his friends, she's feeling more powerful and it's showing, I hope this comes to bit her on the bum.

Good point, I bet she wasn't rolling her eyes then.

What came over Amanda? She was really gunning for Shane and by all accounts, Ann doesn't need anyone to fight her battles. I'm totally confused by Amanda & Wayne, what world have they been living in?

What is wrong with these people? Why would anyone want to swap their own grandparents anyway? How old is she?

It's absolutely crazy and I would love to know what the LGBT community would make of Amanda & Wayne after last night's performance.

I can't remember, but does Ann roll her eyes when Wayne is prancing around in his underwear?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,604
    Plus its more noticeable now that there are less HM's.

She was so furious. I can't believe that I was all for Amanda winning a week or so ago, but then I also liked Andrew a lot at first. This show has my opinions all over the place :lol:

They're coming across as shallow and uninformed. I don't understand them.

I found that Ashley/Ann scene cringey. For some reason a 30 year old "Social Influencer" needed validation from Ann.

It appears not. Although it might just be they way the producers are editing the show.

I'm now concerned with the theme being 'Year Of The Woman' that BB would prefer a woman to win the show, hope I've got this wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,211
    Everyone but Malika nominates Shane J because of his conflicts with Ann? Didn't see that coming, nor did I see them going for Malika too.

Let's face it, Ann has manipulated most of them, after all, she is a politician and it's what she's good at.

At least with a triple eviction, we get a chance at Shane L and Ashley leaving. Though it would be perfect if Ann went.

• Like Like x 2