Celebrity Big Brother 2018: Year of the Woman

Discussion in 'Reality TV Forum' started by Ome, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,001
    There is justice in the world!

(Well, in a corner of the UK anyway)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    Its been worth every minute I've watched to get to this outcome :D I'm so thrilled for Courtney/Shane.

Yes!!!!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,259
    The right person won.

[​IMG]

Ann got a soft interview and none of the bigotry she showed in the house was challenged.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    When Ann and Courtney/Shane were the final two I was still convinced that Ann could win and if she did then the realisation that this woman and her views were acceptable to majority of BB viewers would have ended the show for good for me.

I did notice there was no usual ..”the voting is soooooo close”…. from Emma and I was worried that Ann was so far in front.

That pause from Emma before saying Courtney’s name must be the longest pause in history. I know she has to build up the tension, but it was ridiculously stretched out. We could have had an extra 5 minutes with Courtney’s interview instead of that pause.

We all predicted the finishing order :D

5th Wayne – He mentioned in his interview that he’d been friends with Maggie and India, what a shame we didn't get to see this in any of the HL’s.

4th Jess -
    Her baby voice irritated me as she did switch it on and off, she was like the child of the house, no fighting or bad language. She would make a good children’s TV presenter (although. I imagine her past might go against her)

3rd Shane L - It was a nice surprise that Shane's wife was there for him. Shane will be remembered for ...“You can’t beat a well-timed sandwich” .... I can’t remember anything else of significance he did, but at least he got the quote of the series, and a potato peeler to take home :lol:

2nd Ann – Ann was a typical politician and in her own cantankerous manner dodged many of Emma’s questions.

I’d love to know what Ann and Courtney chatted about whilst they had a long wait for the result.

1sr Courtney’Shane J – For me the best ever winner of CBB, I’ve loved hearing what he has to say throughout this series. He’s also one of those rare people who doesn’t judge others and actually listens to what they have to say. He did say early on in the series that he was inspired by 'The Spice Girls' so he’s going to be thrilled to hear they’re back together.

Well done Courtney/Shane J :bowing

Up until this series of BB the show was gradually losing me because it had taken a direction which I wasn’t finding entertaining to watch. However, I think this has been an inspired series due to having HM’s of different ages and backgrounds, some intelligent conversations and far less manipulation from BB.

Here’s hoping the civilian series will continue in this way.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,001
    It was awful and I kept thinking she was going to say Ann.

Thankfully he won by 49% of the vote, so it wasn't as close as we might have been thinking.

Then again (I've just found the rundown) it wasn't a runaway.

• Shane J/Courtney Act — 49.43%
    • Ann — 39.50%
    • Shane L — 7.42%
    • Jess — 2.75%
    • Wayne —0.90%

Yes and as much as this year has been brilliant in comparison, I was having doubts about continuing if the likes of Ann was to go on and win it.

Apparently, Rylan was saying that they have tweaked this summer's version implying it could be closer to what we've just watched with the Year of the Woman.

I hope they continue to create the 'question' style tasks with appropriate and more intellectual topics as well as leaving the housemates to get on with it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,259
    I had stopped watching Big Brother about a year ago because the housemates just seemed to argue all the time and the producers continually manipulated them into situations where they would fall out. At times the show resembled The Jeremy Kyle Show more than Big Brother. This series just finished was much more like the old Big Brother when there were more interesting conversations and friendships developing naturally rather than people shouting at each other all the time and it was so much better for it.

I find this depressing that 40% of the voters thought Ann would be a worthy winner but I guess her views resonate with a significant minority of people in this country that are fuelled by hatred and intolerance.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,001
    I'm really shocked at this, I always thought the BB audience were more tolerant and open-minded.

Andrew was stupid for letting his emotions turn a drunken night into an ugly argument, but I would much love a world full of Andrews, than the depressing world we have full of Anns.

• Agree Agree x 1