1. Used to think that life was sweet

Used to think we were so complete

I can't believe you'd throw it away

Celine Dion Fan Thread. If you dont like her you shouldn't really come here. Simple.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Alexis, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,134
    Medals:
    Oh no... It's very old, from like maybe 2000 or 2001? It was on the Miracle album, I believe, and part of her first New Day show, before she had to redo it with the long hair. I have to say it's not a favourite and not one I listen to often.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,576
    Medals:
    Hi @Karin Schill, no the song "If I Could" is not really a new song, it's from her 2004 studio album "Miracle" . But i believe it can also be heard on her 2004 live album "A New Day... Live In Las Vegas"

[​IMG] [​IMG]

]Tracklist "Miracle"

1 Miracle Written-By – Linda Thompson, Steve Dorff 3:38
    2 Brahms' Lullaby Written-By – Johannes Brahms 3:32
    3 If I Could Written-By – Ken Hirsch, Marti Sharron, Ron Miller* 4:47
    4 Sleep Tight Written-By – John Lang (2), Jon Lind, Richard Page 4:40
    5 What A Wonderful World Written-By – Bob Thiele, George David Weiss 3:48
    6 My Precious One Written-By – Peer Astrom, Stephanie Bentley 3:52
    7 A Mother's Prayer Written-By – Carole Bayer Sager, David Foster 3:43
    8 The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face Written-By – Ewan MacColl 4:10
    9 Baby Close Your Eyes Written-By – Carol Welsman, Romano Musumarra 3:25
    10 Come To Me Written-By – Thomas Wade 4:36
    11 Le Loup, La Biche Et Le Chevalier (Une Chanson Douce) Written-By – Henri Salvador, Maurice Pon 3:14
    12 Beautiful Boy Written-By – John Lennon 3:53
    13 In Some Small Way Written-By – David Tyson, Richard Page 5:06

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,134
    Medals:
    Ahh... 2004! I was a few years out. I like to mostly forget Miracle, such a disappointing album for me. Mostly shit, recycled shit and baby song shit. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,576
    Medals:
    Hihi i all most too @Alexis ;), I had to take a look at the cd myself from which year it was made. I know what you mean i had the same feeling when i bought this album in 2004, but to be honest, this album really grew on me over the years, it's still not my favorite Celine Dion album, but some songs i really begun to love to listen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sarah Danner

Sarah Danner Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +94
    If there's anyone who doesn't like Celine Dion, those are the people who ought to be deported.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,576
    Medals:
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,593
    Medals:
    That's great that Celine is back on the charts again. I have the slower version of ashes downloaded from itunes. :)

Also thanks for clearing up where that song was from. No wonder I didn't recognize it as "Miracles" is probably the Celine album I listen to the least! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,576
    Medals:
    It is certainly great that Celine is back in the charts @Karin Schill she certainly deserves it. ;) I don't have the song "Ashes" yet, but i hope it can be found on her up-coming new album for this year, or i really need to download this song for my iphone.

I am glad that I could help clearing this up for you @Karin Schill, you're right, "Miracle" is indeed Celine's least favorite album by her fans, I do not listen to this album much myself, very occasionally when i just wanne relax. :popcorn:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,783
    Céline Dion authorises The Power of Love biopic about her life

She's given permission for her music to be featured in the film, too.

Céline Dion has approved an upcoming biopic which will tell the story of her life and immensely successful career.

The singer and her record company have authorised the film, titled after her iconic single 'The Power of Love', and given permission for her music catalogue to be featured in the movie, according to Variety.

The film, which is slated for release in 2020, is from a French production company and will shoot mainly in the country as well as Spain, Canada and Las Vegas.

The film will chronicle Dion's modest upbringing in Quebec, where she was the youngest of 14 children, up until she found stardom in her teens.

It will also explore the story of her relationship with her mother and other family members as well as her husband and manager, René Angélil – who passed away in 2016. He had cancer, and Céline said at the time that he fought "a long and courageous battle" against the disease.

French actress Valerie Lemercier will star as the Canadian singer in the film and will also direct it. She told Variety she was touched by the singer's grief when she lost her husband which is when she started looking into Dion's story.

We've reached out to Dion's reps for further comment on the project.

The film follows a trend of highly anticipated biopics about legendary singers which have been released or green-lighted in recent years. The most recent was Bohemian Rhapsody, where Rami Malek stars as Queen's lead singer Freddie Mercury.

His performance has already been recognised with a Golden Globe and an SAG award this year, and the Mr Robot star is now in contention for an Oscar, too.

In May, the Elton John "musical fantasy" movie Rocketman will be released too. It stars Kingsman's Taron Egerton as the musician, with Bodyguard's Richard Madden, Jamie Bell and Bryce Dallas Howard also featured in the cast.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,134
    Medals:
    I just wonder about a Celine Biopic. I mean her life was very clean and sanitised. There were no affairs, no drugs, no hedonistic partying days. I love Celine but I'm just not sure about her life as a film. I mean those years in the '90s when she was everywhere, album and tour, album and tour, and those big iconic songs. She didn't even speak at all when she was touring so she could save her voice. How exciting can that be?
    I guess we shall see...

In other news, Celine dropped the bomb of doing a summer show in London this year. This news came in January, when I am broke. I missed the presale, because I was so broke at the time. If there are any tickets left in the next couple months I might try to get some. However, I don't know if friends will want to fork out for it all again when we did it in summer 2017. I'm also not sure about seeing her in an outdoor concert. It's at Hyde Park, in June, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,593
    Medals:
    Interesting news. I guess since they will follow Celine's life from an early age they will also have to hire one or two younger actresses to portray the part. Probably someone as young as a teenager.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,576
    Medals:
    I'll bet this movie is going to be much better than her bio tv-movie "Celine" from 2008, that movie really sucks. But now Celine finally gave her full support to this new bio movie and them using her music for this movie, so i can't wait to see this movie. And yes we need one or two younger girls to player her teenage years from the early 80's, but i hope the use the right songs for each storyline of Celine's life.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  13. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,576
    Medals:
    Finally more news about Celine Dion's new English-language album, the album will be called "Courage", which will be released in September this year, followed by a world tour, first America and Canada, and I hope in 2020 the rest of the world. :) :D :spinning:

[​IMG]

https://globalnews.ca/news/5129879/celine-dion-tour-2019/

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,593
    Medals:
    Great news! Can't wait for the new album and possible world tour! :spinning:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,576
    Medals:
    Yes, that is certainly big news @Karin Schill, we waited a lonf time for this new album, and I hope that she will also come to the Netherlands again so that I have another chance to be closer to the podium. And of course I'm also looking forward to the new album, I've already heard a little bit of a new song called "Flying On My Own", it's a nice up-tempo Dance/Pop song, you can hear that song on a clip below when she's driving a truck, it;s very funny by the way. :D;)

So yeas my Queen is coming back. :spinning:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,134
    Medals:
    OMG!!!!! I am so ready for this! That song is amazing the time is so right for this! I NEED THIS ALBUM ALREADY!!!!!! I wonder is Flying On My Own the David Guetta track she recorded last year.
    I love this little promo teaser too, it's like letting us know something different is coming and that she's enjoying it. She loves touring hopefully I get to see her next year too!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,576
    Medals:
    Me too @Alexis, I feel that this new album will have more up-beat songs than "Love Me Back To Life" because Celine said she wanted to try something new but it's won't be that shocking :eck: for the fans, it will contain songs with a new sound and song that fans are familiare with, I also wonder if David Guetta worked on that song "Flying On My Own", because it sounds already amazing, I also know that Celine Dion said that Sia wrote a song for her for the new album, so I can't wait for this album arrived on my door. :dance:

Yes Celine Dion love touring, and now her kids are getting older she can go back on the road again, And the promo makes me feel like Celine is going to start a whole new chapter in her life and career, I hope that Celine will also come to Europe after this North American tour, but I believe she will because it is a World tour, I am already saving for a ticket to get a good place close to the stage. :D;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,134
    Medals:
    Apparently Celine has recorded 48 songs for this album, which is kinda like what she did for A New Day Has Come, which meant a year later we got One Heart. Made up from leftovers. I hope this ends up being a similar scenario. Hopefully Courage is about 16 songs and then a year or so later we get another album using the left overs. I would be very pleased with that. A single in July or August would be great and album in September.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,134
    Medals:
    And then in December new music from ABBA. Then early next year some new material from Steps.

I mean... I'm very happy with that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,576
    Medals:
    Thanks for menstion it @Alexis, i almost forgot she recorded 48 new songs, i did read it on the official Celine Dion forum, so i think she will release another Englisch album later or it could also be a French album, but i hope for the same scenario with the ANDHC and OH albums in 2002/2003 another Englisch album, i think Celine recorded so many new songs because she don't have to come back to the studio recording new songs during the world tour, so they could easily releasing a new album out while Celine is touring.

Yes i also hope for a single release somehere in July/August, well we have to be wait and see, but i just can't wait because i'm really exited about this new album. :spinning:

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 2)