1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Central Park West (CPW)

Discussion in 'Sundry Prime Time Soaps' started by tommie, May 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,270
    I think I finally found those cut scenes of poor Nikki's - can someone list them so that I can take a note?

2. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,270
    Ok, since I watched through this crap for @sbaker I hope he'll return and the Nikki storyline is still very crap even with the missing scenes. Nikki is unsure. Gabe promises her he isn't an assissin. They make love? It's that stupid.

3. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,110
    The Nikki / Gabe stuff certainly was one of the weaker points of season one. I'm presuming it would've led into the planned "divorce trial of the century" plot that was planned for Allen & Linda before the show got pulled for retooling.

In saying that, Nikki was one of my favourite characters on the show. It's a shame she was so underused.

4. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,270
    Yeah, she ended up being the "Obligatory Black Character". It's sort of sad, because the potential was there and then the retooling came.

5. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,270

• Like Like x 2
  6. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,110
    Darren's right. It should be released on DVD or streaming somewhere. I only have my ropey old, ripped from VHS episodes. Which is better than nothing I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,270
    It's just hilarously bad that the storyline was completely dropped and the next very few scenes of Nikki is like her having a drink with Carrie.

8. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,110
    She was really, really sidelined in that second season. Like you have to wonder why they kept her onboard at all.

Funnily enough, she was one of the characters that could've still had a substantial role in the retooled show given her connections to Carrie and Allen. But instead they gave screentime over to new duds like Jordan and Tyler and while I did like Rachel, she could've easily been swept off the canvas in the revamp.

9. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I was bummed Nikki got downgraded in the revamped version.she could have been involved in the 2 stories....the peter/alex story...since her sleeping with Peter led to Alex dumping him and turning to the dark side..

Plus..the allen/linda/adam/Dianne story...she could have played a part in.

10. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,110
    I thought this was worth posting here, seeing as this thread is mainly Nikki-centric.

Michael Michele has been cast in a main role in season two of Star. They're describing her role as "a modern day black Alexis Carrington". Which would sound a bit meh if there was anyone else playing the role but I think Michael will be delicious in this part. Nikki had so much bitchy potential that went untapped (for the various reasons discussed above).

http://deadline.com/2017/08/star-michael-michele-cast-series-regular-season-2-fox-series-1202148835/

11. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,270
    That's because the second season wasn't a second season at all; it was all a part of the first season and all cast members - bar Mariel who had a get-out clause after 13 episodes - were signed on for 22 episodes. I'm assuming they cut one episode to fund the actual revamp of the show. But Michele was obviously not going to be back if there had been a second season. She'd probably just disappear to never be mentioned again.

Glad to hear she's been cast in Star. It's not a great show by any means, but it's soapy enough and it runs after Empire.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,110
    Darren Star chats a bit about Central Park West at the beginning of the interview as well as some of his other lesser mentioned shows like Grosse Pointe and The Street.

• Thanks Thanks x 1