Chase minus the beard

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Arlene Halloran, May 2, 2018.

1. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +306
    After seeing a photo of Robert Foxworth minus his beard, in season 7 do you think he should have gone at least one season without in the show?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +357
    No, because that would have made it seem that the only reason he was with a 'cheerleader' was for no other reason than that he was having a midlife crisis. Going without it should have happened in an earlier season, with Maggie affectionately commenting on his changed appearance.

3. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +357
    I wouldn't have changed the Season 6 cliffhanger, btw. But I would have liked to have seen the original plans for Chase and Richard play out as intended in Season7 -- half season off, half season on for each -- but, sadly, they were scuttled by the change in showrunners. Had the original plans played out, that would have been the end of Maggie and the boys is what I've read.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +357
    In my first post, I was referring to Chase in his in-person seasons, contrasting his time with Gabrielle and Maggie; not how he looked in Nicole’s photograph of him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +950
    Chase was in the minority among the 80’s primetime show male characters because of his look. There were not all that many prominent characters with a beard, for all the time they were on their shows. Other examples were the 2nd Digger Barnes, Sean McAllister and Wes Parmalee. They were like the bearded main four and should be remembered as so.

The annual Connoisseurs International Wine Tasting awards are underway. Chase, Maggie, Angela, Emma and Dwayne are in attendance, for Gioberti Wineries and Falcon Crest. Richard slips in later, (a scene from season 5, 1985 – ’86):

Awards presenter: “Ladies and gentlemen the moment of truth is upon us. Tomorrow night we will be making our formal presentations at our awards banquet but tonight we will all learn which wines are the fairest in the land.”

Angela smirks and looks optimistic.

Awards presenter: “And now for best Cabernet Sauvignon. Winslow Wineries.”

Richard appears. He pecks Maggie on the cheek. Shakes Chase’s hand and greets Angela, “Hello hi Angela!”

Awards presenter: “And now for our final envelope, best Chardonnay. This category was particularly challenging, having the greatest number of competitors both from Europe and the United States. And this year’s winner is first time entrant Chase Gioberti, Gioberti Wineries, with his Gioberti Chardonnay Reserve.”
    Angela expected to win but now looks bitterly disappointed and very green eyed. Chase takes to the podium, as everyone applauds.

Chase: “Thank you! Thank you very much. This is truly a honour. I owe a great deal to my wife Maggie and to my son Cole, for their unfailing support and their contributions. I would also like to acknowledge at this time Angela Channing. Who is responsible over any other individual for this success. Her old fashion methods have provided me with the impetus to develop new more daring and apparently very successful processes of wine making.”

Chase announces something else which leaves Angela absolutely livid.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +376
    When Maggie had amnesia in 1985 Chase had an opportune time to go clean shaven then. It was as good a time as any.