Cher's Dancing Queen

Discussion in 'Music' started by The Holiday Whore, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,309
    Medals:
    Thank you for telling us about the concert @Alexis
    I am so happy to hear that you also had an amazing time at the Cher concert. I thought you would. :danc:
    You are right about her having a good aura and being strong but without being mean. I agree about her being lovely.

Oh yeah it's hard to stay in your seats when some of her songs come on, you just wanna get up and dance!

So great that you got to fulfill a lifelong dream to see Cher. I felt that way when I got to watch Roxette in concert back in 2015.

Cool, it sounds like you are a real fan since many years back! :ribbon: How did you become a fan of Cher?

I wouldn't label myself as a fan. But she is one of my favorite female singers. I remember hearing some of her songs on the radio as a child. But except for that I really didn't discover her until Believe came out in 1998. I began to like her then and I got my mom her greatest hits CD for her birthday. Of course I made sure to borrow the CD and rip it. :D
    I've liked her since then and also bought her Heart of Stone CD some time in the 2000s. It is a great CD that I've listened to ever so often. A few years ago I also listed Cher among my 15 favorite female artists of all times. Still now having watched her in concert I find myself wanting to get more of her old work. Today I stopped by the second hand record shop and were lucky to find the Love Hurts album on LP so I am listening to that right now. It is great too. I recognize some of the tracks since before and some are new to me. It makes me feel all happy. :)

I also bought her book "The First Time" which I am currently reading. I feel like I am getting to know Cher by reading her book. So that can be recommended to others. But I bet you've already read it ages ago, right?

Cool. I have been watching a lot of clips from their shows on YouTube lately. They were great, so talented and funny. Both singing and acting. :hat:

I find myself being curious about Cher as an actress too. I have seen her in Mamma Mia 2 and Silkwood and I think that's about it. So I am gonna try to get hold of some more of her old films. Moonstruck and Good Times are high on my list of movies to get since well one she won the Oscar for and the other one was her first movie. :popcorn:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. That Snowy Girl

That Snowy Girl Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,573
    I can't even remember now. I always loved the way she dressed and how cool I thought she was. I remember hearing her songs Dark Lady and Half Breed played and I just thought both songs were great. I didn't see her in concert until her final farewell concert I think that was 4 tours ago. That was when I became a big fan. I even went on ebay and bought some of her collectibles like the Bob Mackey Cher Doll.....from there we saw her 7 more times on that tour. Then I went to Vegas to see her and then we saw 1 show on her Dressed to Kill tour. Mr. TBG even loves going to her shows.

We ended up buying the Sonny and Cher show on DVD as we had never seen it before. It was a great purchase. She was gorgeous and Sonny as hilarious and they would bring on Chaz when he was very little......so cute. They had tons of amazing guest stars including David Bowie.

She was funny too she would always wear wigs to match her guest stars like here it was orange when The Jackson 5 were on she had an afro.

Farrah Fawcett was also a guest star.

If she is in your top 10 I don't understand why your not a fan......you sound like one! :D

On the last leg of her final farewell tour she came out from the top of the stairs in a beautiful gold dress. It was amazing and she sang this. It was the first time I had heard her sing it live. It was beautiful. I am glad you found that on LP. :dance:
    I read Cher's book, Sonny's book and Chaz's book. I wanted to see both sides of their stories and Chaz's was as interesting as the name Becoming Chaz. I enjoyed reading all 3.

You really don't have to buy the series there are so many clips on youtube now.

I haven't seen Mamma Mia yet. Moonstruck was really good. My favorite was Mask. If you check out her IMDB page there are a lot of good movies she was in. But don't waste your money on Chasity or Good Times......they were just horrible to watch and they were both huge flops. I cringe thinking I actually watched them. :floor:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. The Holiday Whore

The Holiday Whore Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,916
    Medals:
    I actually think Cher is an amazing actress. She's one of my top favourites actually. Silkwood, Mask, Moonstruck, Suspect, Tea With Mussolini, The Witches of Eastwick and the mini series If These Walls Could Talk are all great and I really love Burlesque too. Her part in Mamma Mia 2 is fun and campy but I wish she would do another film or TV role.

I remember reading in the 1990s that she was going to star in an epic mini series about Cleopatra but then nothing happened.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,916
    Medals:
    I have this also, the Turn Back Time doll. After I saw her show a couple weeks back I went online and bought an original 1970s Mego Cher doll too. She stands proudly on a bookcase right next to a framed Andy Warhol print of Joan Collins. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. That Snowy Girl

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,573
    I do think she is a great actress did you not get that from how I posted it? All her movies are good. But have you seen Good times and Chasity Alexis? They were terrible :llooll:

Isn't that funny we have the same Cher doll. :danc:

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,916
    Medals:
    No sorry I did! I could have phrased my post a bit better now I read it back. LOL.
    Yea, my ones outfit started to stick to her so she's now wrapped up nude with her clothes in a bag. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. That Snowy Girl

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,573
    Oh my why did it stick to her? Did you take her out of the box..........poor doll. :(

Get her a barbie outfits so she's not nude.

:giggle:

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 4)