1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Documentaries Chevolution

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jason73, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Jason73

Jason73 Admin EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    A book I've been reading has caused me to fall into a Cuba/Che Guevara/Fidel Castro wormhole the past few days. Tonight I watched the documentary Chevolution which details the history of one of the most famous photographs of the 20th century.

[​IMG]

It was a fascinating documentary. I've seen that image a million times, but never delved into who Guevara was or what he represented. I find it sort of interesting that his image has grown to symbolize a lot of things that don't fit with the reality of the man. I'd never given much thought to how prevalent the image is but it really is quite a significant pop culture image, which I can only assume would have horrified him. From my admittedly limited knowledge of the man, I don't find him to be heroic or worthy of symbolizing some of the things he seems to stand for, but I find the photograph and image itself captivating and can understand why it has endured. For me it's the look in his eyes and knowing that it wasn't a posed portrait. It was a somewhat candid moment, caught in an instant.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 3