1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christopher Lee

Discussion in 'Movies' started by darkshadows38, Sep 21, 2016.

1. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +351
    any fans out there? i'm a HUGE fan of his myself and i even belonged to his offical website when that was around. sadly it now isn't last i saw. and i had plenty of friendly e-mails with his son-in-law Juan a hell of a nice guy too.

anyways, outside of his most famous roles of course has anyone seen any of his lesser known films? such as (1972)'s Nothing But the Night' or (1963) The Whip & The Body" ? or even (1977)'s Dracula & Son ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator EXP: 15 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,600
    I am not a fan but this actor did have a huge impact at me when I was a child. You see I saw him in the movie "Mio and the land of faraway (1987) when I was just seven years old. Christopher Lee portrayed Kato in the movie, the bad guy in the story who had lost a hand and had it replaced with a glove of iron. I found this movie so scary that I used to have nightmares about Kato's iron glove for about three years after watching this movie!

3. Englishboy

Englishboy Soap Chat Fan EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +754
    I remember him most for his role as the villainous Scaramanga in The Man With A Golden Gun, one of my favourite James Bond movies.

Can't say that I am particularly a fan of any of his other stuff.

4. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 13 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,327
    I've got that one. With Peter Cushing, who he was seeing a lot of at the time. I was recently watching him with Patrick Troughton in The Adventures of the Scarlet Pimpernel and also his appearance in William Tell.

5. darkshadows38

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +351
    it's great isn't it? he also produced that one and if memory recalls me Lee Played a good guy in that one and LIVED! Pat was also is Scars of Dracula as well one of the films in the series from (1970) though when you watch it i think you may forget it's him. hell i was watching a movie with Pat T. in it this summer and i forget he was even in it cause his part wasn't very big in it and he was playing something different than what i'm used to see him in. (1991)'s Curse 3 Lee is good in the film is medicore though and the whole Curse series is really really terrible. but that's the best one even if Lee wasn't in it that's still the best one. "Funnyman' an Low Budget Independant film from (1994) is a strange one it's a horror film that was made by a bunch of i think nobody's cause i dunno anything else they've done than or since. but i liked it the 1st time i saw it but that's one film that oddly the more you watch it the less you like it. it's really odd how that happens sometimes.

same thing With the Santanic Rites of Dracula i really liked it the 1st handful of times i saw it and than it started to get bad each time i saw it. i dunno if my tastes changed or what but it's quite odd. Lee & Cushing did 22 films together in case you are wondering. Massarati and the Brain a TVM from (1982) also was a Pilot for a tv show that never happened. and thank god because that film was simply dreadful. man was it awful, Peter Billingsly the kid from the X-mas movie whose name escapes me and i'm to lazy to look is awful in it too. Safari 300 another terrible film also came out that year. random Lee films are popping in my head on ones i've seen and liked or hated in case you are wondering.

Scream and Scream Again and old one from (1970) is a decent film it's got 2 different stories i think is the best way to put it. and Lee Plays a good guy in it as well. Cushing only has a Cameo but Price is in it too. it's not a bad film it's just weird and a written very strangely. it's a decent film have you seen any of these?

6. TomParks2016

TomParks2016 Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +425
    Hell yeah I am a huge fan of those Hammer horror flicks.....I gotta start watching them now with Halloween around the corner

• Like Like x 1
  7. darkshadows38

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +351
    well also check out his lesser known stuff as well, like i said Nothing but the Night but the night a classic from (1972) is a MUST see, it's also one he did with Peter Cushing too.
    it's not as well known as some of their other films but it's one that would i think fit the current holiday's not just his stuff with Hammer.

8. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,327
    HUGE fan, particularly his portrayal of Count Dracula (he IS Dracula for me) and his appearances in Hammer Horror movies. He's also fab in Disney's Return From Witch Mountain.

[​IMG]

9. darkshadows38

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +351
    yes he is, but check out i think it's called A Feast at Midnight" I think is the title? it's a UK film made in (1994) or (1995) not a horror film either it's a drama i think but it's easily one of his best. i don't remember it coming out here so it may have only come out in the UK ? but it's worth a watch and Funny Man may be a Blah film but he's got a part in it as the Narrator of some sort and it's hard to explain his role in the film cause it's such as weird film. that one is a Low Budget Horror film

10. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator EXP: 20 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +11,858
    I attended the BAFTAs in 2011 when Christopher Lee received the BAFTA fellowship award. He was about 90 at the time and a little frail but his voice was so strong and commanding when he gave his acceptance speech that if your eyes were closed you would have thought it was a man half his age. He had such great stage presence and the entire theatre audience was hanging on his every word and their was so much genuine affection for him.

• Like Like x 1