Coronation Street Corrie

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Yes he is very good and i just love his scenes with Mary. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. LouiseP

LouiseP Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I think he is a plank of wood.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,938
    I have to be honest and say that I thought the likes of Chesney and Simon were great wee actors when they were younger and if the old forum was here I had several posts praising their work as Child actors - sadly they grew up and are no longer cute, but I did think they were really good when they were young and remember that both won awards for it

I cant say the same of Amy, and also thought Rawzie /Rosie was awful as a child actor and is still awful as an adult, however Sawphee/Sophie was OK as a child actor and is fine as an adult

The kids on the show dont really do it for me whether its Tyrone and Fizs brood or Maria or the Platt families and I do understand when the producers "send them upstairs" and they arent seen for months on end like they did with Tracey back in the day!!

My main concern is for the welfare of the children on Corrie and who babysits them when their parents are always eating or drinking out at the cafe, Rovers or bistro and i think Social services should be aware of their negligence ;)

I would also like to know how they can afford this on their wages as no one is a high flyer in a well paid job and they all seem to work part time or not at all!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,441
    Regarding the children, when they are involved in storyline and they happen to be out of school when it isn't half term or a holiday the excuse is is always "It's and INSET day"

Let me tell you now as someone who until recently was a teacher of five years, there aren't that many INSET days! :lmao: If there were the teachers wouldn't be quitting in their droves!

5. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +393
    I did smile at Mary's line about collapsing in Screw Fix when she heared the news about Princess Margaret.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,490

With Mary being such an oddball of a character, it really suits her to have Jude as her son, I love the chemistry they have and believe they cast well with this actor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +393
    :crazy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,490
    I read that Jennie McAlpine is pregnant and so they will be writing Fix out for quite a while, I think they should have a story where Tyrone goes with Fiz and give the rest of us a break.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,938
    and the kids - taking all of the soap kids would be a bonus!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,490
    Loved tonight's Corrie, it was all kicking off!

Alya's reaction when she caught Kate & Rana was fantastic and then it just got better and better the more she found out how everyone knew but her. Then Beth finding out through a drunk Jenny, who was also brilliant tonight - more drunk Jenny, please.

I also relished at Michelle finding out about Carla and Ali, that son she has never given a damn about since she first met him. Oh, how I hope Ali turns on the nasty screw back for poor victimy Michelle. I just wished he had blurted out about Robert's steroids.

Then Daniel gave it to Eileen while she hides away and all of Phelan's victims continue to hurt.

I'm also enjoying Simon torturing Toyah and that's something I never thought I would say about Simon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Loved drunken Jenny, so funny. :lollin:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,490
    I've still to catch up with last night's Corrie, and it's already been another fantastic week with Rana's 'honour kidnapping' story and the fallout with Michelle and Carla over Ali. I really hope Ali pushes Michelle as far as he can. She annoys me by how much she plays the bloody victim in all this. Instead of trying to understand why Robert turned to steroids, she attacks him, just like she attacks Carla and anyone else who doesn't pander to her own needs.

13. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +393
    I did smile at Gail when she went to visit Eileen. I loved her "my serial killer is better than yours" :giddy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,490

:giggle:

We need more, MORE scenes with Eileen & Gail, I love it when these two are at each other's throats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,441
    So apparently David is being sent to jail for attacking Gary, because he missed his court date the law reckons he cannot be trusted to abscond again.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case as the male rape storyline should be given for more justice and treated with far more care, this was why I was partially against this storyline in the first place, it has be drawn out and convoluted, I was sincerely hoping this storyline wouldn't do that

But with Phelans (supposed) departure I guess their lining up Josh to replace him. Great, Kate Oates I loved your work on Emmerdale but Corrie not so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Michelle is getting on my every last nerve. David what are you doing? Nice to see part of the new set again tonight. When is King Pat going to make an entrance? Love to see Eileen's face when he does. Everytime they mention Todd i think what a wasted opportunity, also the way they have written the character out is stupid. It does not ring true, Todd would not do that, if they are not having Bruno back they need to recast, Soon!

Rumour has it Kate Oates is leaving her job by June. :omg:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,490
    LOL, she acts like she has this divine right over everybody.

I was wondering last night if they might be thinking of recasting Todd, they're certainly keeping the character alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,490

I think the way David has reacted to this is very true to his character. Looking back at David's life, he's always resorted in an aggressive and hurtful way when something bad happens to him.

I'm finding the whole story very fascinating and I was never expecting it to be resolved after a month or two, had that been the case I think it would have lost some credibility. The whole idea behind this story (as I was led to believe) is that many victims of male rape never come forward, or if they do, it's never within a few months.

19. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,490
    I read Nick was coming back - that didn't last long did it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,490
    Audrey, Gail & Bethany's reaction to Emma moving in was priceless and then when Emma called her Grail I laughed out loud. It's great that they are throwing in humour during one of David's darkest moments on the show.

I've seen pictures of Eva's baby with Toyah & Peter walking down the street and Aidan is looking in on them. I'm going to guess that Aidan's departure will probably be him stealing the baby and doing a runner.

• Like Like x 1