Coronation Street Corrie

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +413
    I am trying to warm to mumble Summer, but it is hard. It would help if i could understand what she was saying. I thought Peter owned the flat above the Florist? David winding Gail up was so funny.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,969
    I can definitely feel her sadness through the way she plays the emotions on screen, but yeah, it's difficult to capture some of the dialogue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +413
    Kate is no good for Rana, I am wondering if it was Kate who was the problem and not Caz. I like the new part of the set. Looking good. Simon is such a git. I do feel sorry for Toyah.

We had a little of the traditional Corrie tonight with the argy bargy with Sally and Yasmeen. :clap:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,969

Oooh... Interesting thought. I'm already loving Rana as a character and if this happens it just means more screen time for her. I also think it adds to the torment that she's been going through these past few months.

I'm loving it too, it's just refreshing seeing more of this fictional world.

I hope he gets his comeuppance soon, very soon.

I can't wait :D

We never get to see Friday's episodes because there's live rugby on and so it's always a Saturday night viewing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,969
    I caught up with Corrie last night and loved Sally battling away with Yasmeen.

Not sure what goes on in Manchester, but while Asha refused to sell alcohol to Simon's mate, I question if she's actually allowed to serve alcohol? I thought the licence for sale of the stuff included that they had to be 18, otherwise they had to be supervised and there was no adult in the shop at that time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,969
    Last night's birth was something I hadn't seen before. The scene where she was in the bathroom with just a towel was quite daunting and then when the baby eventually came, I didn't think it was going to survive.

I'm really enjoying the idea that someone is out there for Yasmeen, I think it's much needed for someone who is there for so many others.

I'm very much looking forward to Jude's tea party. :floor:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,549
    On top of David's male rape story Corrie is now writing Aiden out in another harrowing storyline: Male suicide

http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http:...CV4QqQIIDjAA&usg=AOvVaw2MqmXesfOekQv3r-c8OHzH

I understand issues need to be raised, I get that, but its too much,

David being arrested as well could put male victims off even further from reporting the crime, if your going to do this story keep it straight forward.

Maybe Ian Mcleod might improve the storylines and inject a bit of humour back into the show again.

8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,969
    Don't you see how the story is going? They're going for the most common factor in male rape where the victims don't report because they can't admit what has happened to them.

I think they're doing a fantastic job and it fits well with the character of David because he's often faced danger/heartache with aggression and not opening up his own emotions.
    How often is rape a straightforward story?

There's lots of humour in the show right now.

From Mary's hoovering to Bonnie Tyler, over to her enlisting two amateur actors to play a role in Juda fake dinner party.

There's humour with Sally, Tim and Yasmeen. The reaction from Audrey, Gail & Bethany when they found out about Emma moving in was amusing.
    Rosie is always up for a laugh and Jenny plays the drunk hilariously. Liz & Moira having some cracking one-liners and we've got Audrey practically throwing herself at Geoff.

9. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +413
    As long as it does not go too far the other way. He needs to get the balance right. There is room for both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,969
    Apparently, Aidan's suicide is what triggers David to open up and he confides in Shona what happened to him in March.

[​IMG]

11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,969
    Did anyone notice Sally & Tim's house? It looks like the whole room has been redecorated as well as a new kitchen fitted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +413
    Magic. :D

13. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +413
    A big week for Corrie this week coming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,969
    Lately, I would say it's hard to pinpoint an episode of Corrie as one of the best because so much has been happening. From Bethany's grooming story resulting in Nathan going down for his hideous crimes, to the bodies of Andy & Vinny being discovered and culminating in Phelan confessing everything to clueless Eileen. From David's rape ordeal and the aftermath of Josh turning the screw at every opportunity.

Then they gave us Aidan's story and last night I was completely crushed by how it all unfolded on screen. The scene with Eva was soul destroying, but only because we knew what was coming. I was emotional throughout and then when we saw Aidan among all his friends and loved ones looking totally disengaged with what was around him, to the final scene of Aidan in his flat will forever live in my memories as one of the most devastating endings to a character in any soap.

A.png

I think Corrie has done incredibly well with men's mental health lately, and from what I'm picking up on social media, it's certainly got people talking.

Tomorrow's episode is going to be hard to watch as his friends and neighbours discover what's happened. I have no idea how Eva will cope with the guilt or even Toyah, but I do know that I will be glued to the screen for the full hour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,473
    I watched Corrie last night and thought Aidan was fab, i think its a shame that social media spoils things for viewers now and that nothing is a secret, so we knew what would happen
    I thought he played the part very well and kudos to him for that

I really felt for him and will miss him on Corrie.. I really like his dad and Jenny also

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,969
    I have wondered if this is done deliberately to entice the viewers and maybe viewers who switched off. I also think in Aidan's story that if we didn't know what was coming, we may not have taken in the full extent of what the character is/has gone through.

What stands out to me with this story is on paper, Aidan has (almost) everything. He's got his flat back, he's got the business and after last year's struggles, it looks like he is definitely on the up and yet what we don't see, what nobody sees is what's going on in the mind. Kinda like saying we all take things for granted and we don't always see what's happening. That and the fact so many men think they shouldn't show their emotions, they shouldn't cry because it's a sign of weakness.

How much of the signs were there? He never unpacked when he moved back into the flat, he started giving away his valuable possessions. I think there's going to be quite a few of his friends and neighbours who will start putting things together and maybe we will see what signs we the viewer may have missed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,473
    last nights episode was very well written and very well acted both relating to Aidan and to david

I loved Gails speech at the window on the cobbles where she has lived for over 40 years - nicely done

A+ from me -

the baby swop Toyah/Eva story is daft tho, and unrealistic

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,969
    Wasn't it just?

It was the fastest hour of Corrie I've ever watched.

So many great scenes, from Robert, talking to Daniel, and then Daniel talking to Adam, all knowing how they have felt in the past. I loved Gail's speech to Audrey too and what made it even more emotional was the silent scenes of other characters as they were coming to terms with the news.

So many characters broke my heart, but the one who crushed me completely was Johnny, from him crying out in the bathroom to later scenes where he was struggling to cope with what was happening around him. I also thought it was great they had Kate turn to anger and blame because so many go that way too and then Beth thinking about how selfish it was.

Eva's guilt as she realised what she thought was a possible reunion turned out to be a goodbye, she will forever blame herself for this and then Toyah looking like she caused it all. It opens up so much more. The idea that Johnny is now a grandfather and that he's got a little of Aiden in the new baby, but he's unaware of all this, will Eva tell the Connor family about Suzie? How does Toyah move on from this?

I'm expecting more to come from this as the family and resident start talking about possible signs leading up to this.

I knew this was going to have an effect on David and that he would eventually confide in Shone, but I wasn't expecting it to happen in the same episode.

I thought it was a nice touch to see David tell Shona that he's thankful to be alive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,969
    I forgot to add, the more I think about this the more I remember thinking "what the hell is wrong with Aidan?" I remember some scenes where he was just staring into space and I remember him crying a few times during the story with Carla's kidney. I'm sure more stuff will come out in the next few episodes

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +413
    A good week for CS if that is the right word. Draining to watch but they nailed it. They really did.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1