Coronation Street Corrie

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +403
    I am glad Phelan is gone, he had more come backs than Frank Sinatra.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    I always thought that I wanted Phelan to go to jail and not die because he wouldn't be suffering any more, or paying for his crimes, however, now I'm very much happy he's dead. At least this way no future producer can be tempted to bring him back.

It's done, it's over now let us move on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,125
    We all thought that about Bobby Ewing :D

I have still to catch up on last weeks Corrie where it all happened and Im sure i will

BUT all i can say about last night was what a pile of C**p - the Dawsie Rawzie and Gemma stuff was plain embarrassing

David continues to act his wee socks and his co stars off the screen - a rare breed, a child actor who grew up and can act! Not that many of them around

and a highlight - seeing the lovely Mr Havers at the end - please can he get his shorts on and run thro the surf on Blackpool beach to the tune of Chariots of Fire, just to keep me happy

4. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +403
    Awful double bill last night. Appalling acting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,695

It's crazy to think we've had some brilliant weeks with David's ordeal, then Aidan and the aftermath and it all falls apart in just a couple of episodes.

I love Rosie, I find her hilarious most of the time, but this drug story has been awful to watch and then throw in Kirk's daft story, it all becomes too much. I get that people have been complaining that the show is too dark, but come on, they can do comedy so much better than this. Thankfully the return of Lewis causing Roy to go all detective pulled back some hilarious scenes.

6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    One thing that's really, really disappointed me throughout the male rape storyline has been the missed opportunities. I was gutted they didn't show us, David telling Gail & Audrey, not only because their his parent/grandparent, but mainly because they've been a victim of his nasty behaviour ever since it happened. Then when it was building up to Sarah finding out, I actually thought they could redeem themselves by showing that scene - and they bloody well kicked it to the background.

Why would they do this? Do they not have confidence in the three actresses not giving a convincing reaction to the news?

7. Barbara Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,125
    Dawzie Rawzy - as you know I have always thought she sucked as an actress (cough splutter) and not sure why they ever brought her back

having been on hols, who on earth is the girl with kirk?? Where did she appear from?? I know i have a bit of catching up to do and tuned out of the show for a good few months

I really expected Sid James and Joan Sim to appear last night it was so Carry on Corrie contrived nonsense - - and turned off to watch Hugh Grant as Jeremy Thorpe - just brill!

8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    A while back (it might be a few months, I can't remember) Beth cottoned on to the idea that Kirk could get paid for doing dog walking and then he bumped into Sharon while walking Ken's dog Eccles, she was having trouble trying to control her dog and he offered his services. She took a shine to him, but what wasn't apparent back then was how she might turn into a bunny-boiler.

I do love a good bunny-boiler story, but having Kirk as the main lead in any story fills me with dread.

There were some great scenes last week and you should be able to catch up quickly if you skip the Rosie scenes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +403
    I think i prefer serious Corrie to all the light hearted stuff. I never thought i would say that, but i find the comedy not funny. They are trying too hard!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Barbara Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,125
    The TV appearance on This morning was cringe worthy! As were the Seance scenes

I would like to see more of the little old lady Flora with Daniel and Adam and her chums

They were good!

Read in the press that Simon Barlow is going to be a dad in real life and at 16!! Tie a knot in it! Way too young and irresponsible for me!

11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    Michelle gets shot!

Michelle is rushed to the hospital!

People are worried she might not survive.

Michelle is released from the hospital and would you believe it, she just happens to have the keys for the factory office on her presence. I wonder if she picked them up while being rushed to the hospital, or if she asked Robert to bring them to the hospital, just in case Carla had a mini breakdown as Michelle returns home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    I never thought I would agree with this after years of them botching up serious drama, but lately, it really feels like there's been a big turnaround.

If they want to do good comedy, then they need to focus on the older generation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +403
    Can I smack Alya's smug face!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    Any other day I would agree with you, but I was sick of the way Carla was handling Alya and I can't stand Michelle, so I don't want to see her get anything.

But.... The factory belongs to the Connors, so ultimately I think I might have talked myself into agreeing with you.

Oh, I just don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +403
    So Eileen has gone. :dd:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    I have a sneaky feeling it's all an attempt to give the actress a few months off, afterall, she's done so much acting these past few months.

I will miss Nicola though if she is leaving for good.

17. Barbara Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,125
    I dont see it myself, always love how Corrie have people making instant life changing decisions and a day later they are in the back of a taxi leaving the cobbles
    thee wasnt any publicity (to my knowledge) on her leaving the Street "in real life"

Its the same with residents who go on long holidays and get an air ticket on the day and fly out 2 hours later

oh and another funeral with someone running out of it - such drama - and another wedding that doesnt happen despite the expense that half of them can ill afford on crap wages

there is definitely a money tree in Coronation street and it pays for everything - i think we should all move!

18. B.J. Ewing

B.J. Ewing Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +177
    Coronation Street isn't shown in The Netherlands since the 80s. I do remember liking it, especially Hilda Ogden.

19. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +403
    Some good acting tonight from Toyah, Eva and Peter.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +403
    So Johnny, Kate and Carla to bring up Susie. Do me a favour. A self centered dungaree child who can't hold down a lesbian relationship who can't look after herself, a woman who can't keep off the sauce although she has got a new liver and a old man that has MS who will be more concerned about bonking the local trollop. Team Eva all the way! I shouldn't but out of everybody i did feel sorry for Toyah.

I have decided i don't like Bethany.

• Winner Winner x 1