Coronation Street Corrie

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,511
    Why is Corrie trying to make us pity Josh?? Ate they trying to show a "good" side to him? I honestly have no idea where this storyline is going, typical of Corrie at the moment, introduces a hard hitting storyline then it trails off into weird directions.

2. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,308
    I havent seen Corrie for about 3 months and tuned in last night as i heard the Big man was out of "the big House" and dearly hoped Id hear him say I'll have an Ulster fry" but he didnt so I was disappointed. :p

more shocking to me was Liz's face, what has she been doing to it and those lips, over dosed on botox i think

And the story of Katie back from the dead and swopped at birth, didnt Corrie do that one with Michelle already?? Its not terribly original

Bouncing Billy off the cliff doesnt even have a limp any more and take it he is no longer into drugs since he was back in his dog collar, thats the quickest recovery ever.

other things I noticed - Tyrone has lost a shed load of weight and looks good, Fizz still cant act, Davids hair is fascinating! but there seemed a bit more humour in it and I wont miss kate oakes as I didnt like the direction the show went in under her rule.

i did whoop with delight when he called Liz Elizabeth and Steve Steven! Gaun yersel Jim, so you'se are, welcome back!

• Like Like x 2
  3. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,511
    I understand the need to highlight real life issues, life isn't all rose tinted, however I agree with you in regards to Kate Oates, she really did take Corrie down a very dark road, too many dark storylines all concurrent isn't good, I like the balance Corrie has now, humour and serious, I hope it stays that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +407
    So do I.

5. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +407
    The Liz, Jim and Katie storyline is crass. Sadly Jim as a character is ruined and beyond repair.

6. LouiseP

LouiseP Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +83
    This is a very cruel and warped storyline and totally unneccesary. Whoever gave this the go-ahead must have a very sick mind..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,308
    jeez! Tuned in last night and that was a painful watch 90% of the time (but watched to see Maureen Lipman)

Especially the rivalry between Dev and David and football
    Who writes this nonsense - a 10 year old????? simply dreadful!

and as for the 2 "offspring" of Michelle looking for a password in an old bio of Gazza, if the script writers think its amusing, they are seriously wrong!

on the plus side - no wooden top Jude or nasal voiced Sinead who has a voice that really GRATES on me

as for Jim and "Katie" - Crass is a good name for it, YUCK!

I will tune back in maybe another 3 months!! But i do like lovely Mr Havers and still picture him running thro the surf at St Andrews in Chariots of Fire :jolly:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018 at 5:26 PM
  8. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,910
    Soap operas often suffer from having producers who come in for a few years only so they are in a hurry to leave their mark on the show before they move on to the next job. As a result, sensational storylines are introduced even if they are not entirely consistent with what happened previously and I think this is the case with the one about Katie. Jim and Liz were both devastated at Katie dying so it's inconceivable that Jim would do something as cruel as this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Hi Sar. Likewise. I realise that most people on here are probably a bit jealous of us being the glamour couple of Soap Forums.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,766
    I think it's been a fascinating story with Jim and I don't really get why so many people are upset with it. He's a despicable character and based on what he's done over the years I don't think it's too out of character for him.

What annoys me is things like this.

• Carla & Peter look affectionate in the street, they even share a kiss goodbye - how convenient that Toyah happens to be across the road when this happens.
    • Toyah & Peter look affectionate in the street, they even share a kiss goodbye - how convenient that Carla happens to be across the road when this happens.
    • Roy & Brian are discussing Tyrone's the investigation into Tyrone's family history - how convenient that Tyrone walks into the cafe just as this is happening.

Scenes like this are just unnecessary and it reeks of contrived crap, I'd rather watch nasty characters (Jim & Hannah) or funny characters (Evelyn & Tracey) than scenes set up in order of developing characters this way.

11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,766
    Totally digging the storyline with Imran, Toyah & Leanne, at first I thought it was going to lead to a big showdown between the sister and I'm glad they didn't go in that direction. Sally exposing him could have been the icing on the cake, but that goes to Adam who believes Imran is the luckiest guy in Weatherfield.

Evelyn has been nothing but brilliant with every scene and I hope they have plenty of Kev & Evelyn scenes in store for us.